• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen I'll Be (Re)playing...

Which Version Will you be Playing on the Virtual Console?

• Red

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • All of Them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • I'm going to revisit the games that kept me entertained in my childhood, so it's Blue and Yellow for me. I still have the original cartridges and I want to pay homage to them in a way by getting them on the virtual console. Plus, Blastoise is my favourite final evolution out of the three. Yellow was such a unique game compared to it's counterparts so that's another major reason why I'm going to get it I suppose.

Reactions: Sun

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I'll end up with all of Red, Blue, and Yellow since I'm getting the Red and Blue 3DS bundle and I want to play Yellow again, so I'm gonna buy that one as well.

Raburesu

Technology is incredible!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Possibly all three, due to the inability to have multiple save files on a single 'cartridge.' That's how I justify buying every version every generation! :'D

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I'll do all of them, eventually, but I'm going to start with Pokemon Red first, since it was the first game I played.

Years
  • Blue and Yellow! Blue because I love Squirtle <3 and Yellow because it has fantastic sprites/a wonderful experience with using Pikachu as your starter. As hard as it was going through some of those gym battles it'll be fun to relive the memories again.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Well, at first, just Yellow - since I'm getting the 2DS bundle with it. Yellow was my first Pokemon game, and I can't wait to play with my buddy Pika-Bud again. (That was the nickname of my first Pikachu.)

Splitzblue

Pokemon Maniac & Fan Of The N.Y.C
    Years
  • I'm planning to get Red and Yellow in the eShop. I also heard from BulbanewsNOW's Twitter page that you will be able to trade Pokemon via Wi-Fi, and that's awesome, but will I be able to trade them from RBY port to a X&Y/ORAS port?

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
  • Well I know I will eventually end up with all three versions.
    The question for me that I am still debating an answer is, which version will be my main? D: Blue was my first game, yet I love Yellow too v.v

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Will only obtain if they can somehow put in Pokebank compatibility. (which I heavily doubt) Otherwise, I don't really have any value for these games. I started in Gen II and never went back, so the nostalgia factor isn't really there for me. I still find it fascinating though how they've put in a new feature in these ancient games with Wireless trading.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I would love to be able to play Green Version, but I'm going to be getting RBY so that's no big deal. I'm getting the New 3DS Red/Blue Bundle so I'll just have to buy Yellow Version separately.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    If I had a 3DS I would probably only be getting Pokemon Red. That's my favorite Gen. 1 game; Charizard is one of my favorite gen. 1 Pokemon. However, I may also get Yellow because I never played that one.

Back