• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'll be your anchor

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    In your life, who do you rely on the most?

If you're one of those unreliant types - a self-sufficient city, so to speak - explain what you've done to become that way. I'm eager to hear.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    My parents. I don't know jackshit about being an adult, so I tend to rely on them heavily. Not the taking advantage kind of relying (and hopefully they don't see it as such), but compared to others, I feel like maybe I lean on my parents just a bit more.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
    Years
    Mentally and emotionally, I've come to the point where I rely on myself for trust. I definitely do trust the people dear to me, but I'm not naturally dependent on them anymore for happiness, stability, etc. I didn't really do a bunch to get to that point though, I'm more of an odd one out. The change was fairly rapid, and overall my circumstances were heavily in my favor to manipulate.

Financially, and health wise, I definitely rely on my parents, I wouldn't have a house to live in or food to eat without them. :P

Years
    Emotionally I rely a lot on my girlfriend and one of my closest friends for stability. Honestly I'm still something of a wreck at times but I often feel I'd be 100% messed up 100% of the time without them keeping me together. They're great people.

Financially I still have to reply on my mother, but hopefully that will be changing soon enough.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I rely on my parents the most. You know, because where I have special needs. I can't cook, and I also can't clean very well either. Basically, I'm still very much a child or teenager, despite being 26.

I also rely a lot on my friends and my boyfriend as well. Mostly because that's why they are there. They offer me support and comfort to stay strong. I even rely on my plushies too because they also offer me the same things. (I know it sounds really silly, but it's true. XD)

I do rely on PelleK. Like, not in a way where he knows I do though. He just sort of helps calm me down. His voice and his music can really make me feel a whole lot better, you know?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I still rely on my parents to get me through things that I haven't done before, and my dad especially when it comes to anything to do with my car. Because I don't know shit about cars.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Emotionally and mentally, I rely on my 2 best friends.

Any other support, I rely on my parents.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    I'm slowly becoming a fully independent person, and that's one of the best things that can happen to anyone. I've stopped relying on others for moral support and whatnot, because I realised that I am way better off alone, and I am soon going to be financially independent.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I rely on my grandma for a place to stay and on my friends so that I don't go crazy from loneliness and boredom. My parents are both too far away for me to ask anything of them, my dad lives in Colorado now and my mom is about an hour and a half away and I never really liked asking her anything to begin with. Other than that I'm pretty self reliant. I don't have a significant other, I pay for my own gym membership, I buy my own food, and I pay for part of the electric and cable bills.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    when i think about it i have lots of people around me who are there for me when i need them. it's just a common thing for me to want to bury things rather than go to others, but i've been going to others more and i think that is helpful. idk, im confused if im relying or just going when in need, but i feel fortunate for having all these people.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
    In my life, right now, I depend on my cousin (5 days younger than me), my girlfriend, and my little sisters (imoutos~). When I am near my wits end and feel like I am near critical mass they're there. I guess it's because I'm always there for them. 24/7 365. I find a way to help them. I'm blessed that they've reciprocated it~

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I rely on my fiance for many types of support. He is the crutch that my fragile life hangs in the balance of. Emotional support and some financial support. Although since we live with my parents, there is also relying on them for financial support.

But it's kind of scary relying on someone so much. I constantly think about how I'd be screwed if that person was gone somehow. It's something I try not to think about, but I'm someone who is always focusing on keeping stability and things in the long-term. I wish I could rely on myself more, but I'm just kind of fucked to all hell due to the fact that I never really had real parents. Sure, they gave me food and such, but no guidance and no support. An emotionally barren relationship. They left me with no skills to survive in this world whatsoever and if I hadn't met him, it's likely I would have to fly or die one day. I'm also frequently unstable. Everything makes me really anxious, particularly handling money and real life things, as I have little familiarity with such concepts. My entire life has is really sheltered and I can't even drive yet. Though I am improving slowly, it is still a tender time and I need my crutch man to support me more so than usual. These things take time, I suppose.

Also, sometimes I get lazy and throw everything onto him. And I hate myself for that. The way my brain is designed is to completely hand something over to someone when they do a better job of it and not to even try it myself. I need to stop being so lazy... I'm incredibly thankful for everything that he does.

Though I imagine I'll still rely on him heavily even when I do become more self-sufficient.

Last edited:

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    I mostly rely on my parents for food/money/shelter/etc since I don't live on my own yet. I rarely get emotional but if I do I put it all in a journal or talk myself through it. I give myself my own happiness/etc so I don't rely on anyone for anything else either. Of course my parents do support me, but I'm mostly my biggest fan.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
    I only have to depend on myself for everything, emotionally and financially. How did I become completely independent? I simply got an education and worked for several years for a top-rate company, which afforded me the ability to take care of myself quite comfortably. But before I went to school, I had my stumbling blocks. But they taught me to become stronger than I ever thought I could be.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Depends on the type of reliance.

When it comes to providing for one's self, I am FULLY dependent on only myself. I feed myself, pay my (very few) bills myself, and live by myself...

Emotionally it's a very different story. If I were to depend only on myself for emotional support... I'd be psychotic by now. No, my friends and those close to me are EXTREMELY important to my sanity and well being. I rely on them so much, and I owe them more than I feel I can ever repay, but they keep me standing and moving forwards, and I need to tell them more how much I appreciate them

Back