• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'll sell you a magikarp for only 500 yen!!

Years
    If it's considered legal in the pokemon world, I have no problem with people selling them.

I, myself wouldn't buy one. I'd rather catch them. I wouldn't sell one either.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I see no wrong in it, so long as the Pokemon for sale were fairly treated, and were legally obtained and whatnot. If we are allowed to catch and trade them, then I see nothing wrong about what is basically trading, but instead of another Pokemon you get money. And, depending on their medical records, general health, and whether or not I felt the Pokemon was worth the price (and if I wanted it, but that goes without saying.) I would probably buy it.

And considering how I think if Pokemon was real I highly doubt that anyone could make a living on training alone, as I also question whether or not people in the real world would be so willing to pay you for beating the crap out of their Pokemon. As such, people would have to get real jobs, among those being Pokemon sale. So, if it was a trade I was good at (and something I liked doing.), I would probably sell Pokemon for a living.

Last edited:

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I wouldn't sell my own pokemon, I would release them into the wild before i do that. I wouldn't buy a pokemon ethier because i like to raise my pokemon from day one and create a bond with them.

Buggyo

I read the news today, oh boy.
    Years
    Considering there's only one place in-game that you can legitimately buy Pokemon[Celadon Game Corner is run by Rockets, Magicarp seller's aren't exactly running a legally ordained business], it sounds morally/legally sketchy.
    Especially considering Goldenrod is the most ghetto of Pokemon cities. XP

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    Well Pokemon were supposed to be companions. But if it wasn't illegal then I may buy one and make it my friend. But I wouldn't sell them 'cause like I said Pokemon would be my friends not just mindless drones.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    I'd buy one. It's just like buying a pet, it should be alright.
    Since I'm comparing them to pets, I'd only sell the offspring of Pokemon, yeah. xD;

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Like a couple of other people mentioned, it'd be like buying a pet! 8D

I'd totally buy anything so long as it wasn't like incredibly unreasonable. EVERY POKEMON NEEDS A GOOD HOME YAAAH! ...even Magikarp. :D I wouldn't buy stuff like Slowpoketails, though. That's like... I'd probably just beat the person selling them up. :x

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I'd buy them, like everyone says, as pets! As long as it's legal, and not some Team Rocket scheme. I would prefer they are newly hatched, as I want a strong bond with them.

Years
    If it was a pokémon I was having trouble catching and one that I really wanted, then yes I would definitely buy it, provided that it hadn't been harmed in any way :) Although if it had been harmed I'd buy it anyway and nurse it back to health :)

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
    Well, of course! But really only as pets and not as slaves that people only use once and then never use again. But sure, if it was a legal operation, then I would have no problem with it.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
    I'd buy one if they were selling some at a pokémon pet shop, not so much from a shady old man. Knowing my luck I'd be sold a rock with pipe cleaners for arms with the pretense that I'm getting a Geodude. =/ Anyways, I'd have no problem selling the offspring of a pokémon of mine.

Years
    I'd buy one if they were selling some at a pokémon pet shop, not so much from a shady old man. Knowing my luck I'd be sold a rock with pipe cleaners for arms with the pretense that I'm getting a Geodude. =/ Anyways, I'd have no problem selling the offspring of a pokémon of mine.

LMAO haha that'd be exactly the kind of thing that would happen to me too lol! xD

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    I think that's alright to selling Pokemon.

Let's think about it, because there are people in Pokemon world who give Pokemon for free, the emergence of selling Pokemon is not strange.

And a lot of people in Pokemon world have a Pokemon although they are not a trainer. so it is possible that they are get those Pokemon from a gift or buy it.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    Pokemon are not to be sold. They are only either to be traded or given away. You can buy anything in the Pokemon World but love and Pokemon.

--Some guy near the flower shop somewhere below Rustburo...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    dragon456: I think only a sweet words from one people can't close the possibility of selling pokemon in pokemon world. in the fact there is someone who selling magikarp, and for the official one, prize in game corner that let you get pokemon using coin that you get from gambling or directly buying that coin, it's as good as selling.

Well, selling pokemon not mean we treat that pokemon bad.
    and someone will buy pokemon not must be because they love that pokemon, it's can be because they need that pokemon, for example: Pokemon Center.

Oharo

̣
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    I'd buy it. It's kind of like getting Pokemon from gambling anyway. Scyther from the original gambling den was win.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    It is basically like selling a dog or a cat in our world, or for the Slowpoke tail a Pigs ear or bones etc. I don't think it is wrong to sell them, and I would totally buy the Magikarp :D

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    How would you react to people selling pokemon? Indifferent, probably. I mean, we have breeders in the real word, and there are obviously breeders in the Pokemon world... I imagine not all Pokemon breeders are trainers, too... so they have to make their Poke'monies somehow. xD

Would you buy pokemon that people are selling? That would depend on whether or not I'm seeking the Pokemon they're selling. And also if the price is reasonable based on the rarity of the Pokemon.

Would you sell pokemon yourself? Eh. Probably not. I'd probably be more like those creepy trainers who walk around giving the eggs my Pokemon lay away for free. Yeah. Because that would be swell.

Also, regarding how I would react to the Magikarp, I'd say "Only if you buy mine for 1000. Huh, Huh? *nudge* " Ah, just kidding. I love Magikarp. They make for good lollipops. They evolve into Gyarados.

Also, I wouldn't buy stuff like Slowpoketails, either (or Magikarp lollipops) because yeah... that just seems... wrong to me, too. :x

Back