• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Illegal Imigrats affect on the Economy

Do you agree with the statement made by Michael Bloomberg

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Current events, really.

I'll move this to Other Chat for now, since this is a debate more than a bog-standard poll.

Years
    It would probably help the economy in certain ways if they were gone, but hurt the economy in other ways, so, I don't disagree, but I can't really agree either.

Years
    I'm 50/50 on this one.

While a lot of jobs every olther American might not do except for illlegals will do, I'm more worried about keeping out the ones that do nothing but commit crime after crime and after we deport them out of here, they sneak back in.

If the ones that are looking for work want to work, and become a citizen, I'm all for it. Just keep the bad ones out of here.

TwinScythe

-Fighting and Traveling-
    Years
    they do provide the us with a cheap boost somewhat similar to the chinese economy but immigration is a leading factor that has let us grow so quickly so I guess i would agree

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
    I think removing illegals would be a good idea. For one. Over half of the immagrants in the U.S. are illegal. This just shows that the U.S. laws mean squat when speaking of immagrants.

Flame Demon

Lord Of The Flames
    Years
    Man, I know George Bush wants the guest-worker plan to benefit the economy, but it just gives them an excuse to come in and wreck havoc IMO. There have been many illegal aliens in the US that has planned another terrorist attack. First it was the stupid Mexicans, and now we got problems with Canada too. Just stop the freaken guest-worker plan IMO and find another way to agriculture done.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 13, 2006
    .:Randall:. said:
    I think removing illegals would be a good idea. For one. Over half of the immagrants in the U.S. are illegal. This just shows that the U.S. laws mean squat when speaking of immagrants.
    It's people like you who don't understand why they came here in the first place. My parents came over as illegal immigrants and it gets me mad when people like you say that. My mom and daad came here so they can give me a better life, give me a better chance in life, and to give me the things they couldn't get when they were young. Most illegal immigrants come here to give their families a better chance and to help them out and they are hard working people. Just because they had to break a law to be able to have it happen doesn't mean they are criminals.

On topic I do agree with his statement more so in California than in New York. California has a lot of immigrant workers and most of them work in farms and do manual labor in the fields. Which state produces the most agricultural products? Which state produces 1.55 trillion dollars and makes more than any other state for our government? California! Who accounts for most of that labor to make that money? Illegal immigrants!

Flame Demon said:
    Man, I know George Bush wants the guest-worker plan to benefit the economy, but it just gives them an excuse to come in and wreck havoc IMO. There have been many illegal aliens in the US that has planned another terrorist attack. First it was the stupid Mexicans, and now we got problems with Canada too. Just stop the freaken guest-worker plan IMO and find another way to agriculture done.

Yes because us Americans never commit a crime and we would love eachother and live happily ever after if these "stupid Mexicans' and Canadians would just leave.[sarcasm/]

Last edited:
    Back