• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm a Noob

Years
  • Hello, I just joined this community earlier today. I was looking around for a nice pokémon forum to use for when I get Pokémon X. I have played the main Pokémon games of every generation from one to five but I wasn't too keen on generation five so I have played that the least. I like lots of the game play but I hate some of the post game features. I find it hard to complete my pokédex due to the lack of experience points as a pokémon levels and I can't fight trainers again like I did in Diamond.

I'm hoping for the same experience as I had in generation four. I played gen4 to the fullest and had fun completing the pokédex. I even got into EV training. I do have Black and Black 2 if anybody wants to do trades but I haven't really made a team for battles so I won't be good at that. I currently just use them mostly for the events lol.

I really want to enjoy X so that is my main game goal at the moment and even if it's not what I'm hoping for it to be, I will definitely make an effort to play it for all of its worth.

Years
  • Hi Lyberty and welcome!'

I saw you around the X and Y section, and I bet everyone's excited for the new games too because everything's going to be in stunning 3D, and the new features look really promising so far. I understand if 5th Gen didn't live up to most people's expectations but I still loved the story and the interesting designs of the Pokemon. If you're interested in trading you should check out Trade Corner.

Well, I do hope to see you around and maybe make some new friends. I'm always happy to get to know newbies so leave me a visitor message anytime. And you can always go ask Cirno or another staff member if you have questions. Have fun here at PC, Lyberty!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
  • Thanks! I also loved the story of gen5. I just don't care much for the way it turned out after the Elite Four but not everybody can be pleased in life and I think it's an impossibility to make everybody fully happy. I'm happy to have at least enjoyed most of that series. So far I love all of the information I've found on this site and I love all of the hype for the upcoming series.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Gen 5 is one of my favorite generations! I really liked the fact that Gen 5 became a reboot generation, as we saw a fresh set of Pokemon, and a fresh set of a storyline. It's really amazing. :)

It's an honor to meet you, Lyberty! I'm Meganium! It's really hard to train your Pokemon now that you finished the games and battled all the trainers. But if you challenge the Elite Four again, you might be able to regain more EXP for your Pokemon...at least that's what I did in White...problem was that their Pokemon got a little harder to beat. xD

So, you're interested in trading? We totally have the Trade Corner for that. You can do some quick trades or make your own trade shop. You can meet friends quicker that way. :D And then there's the Battle Center where you can ask for wifi battles or you can use our very own online battle server where you can battle competitively. I'm not much of a competitive battler (i'm learning) but really, you'll learn so much when it comes to battling! I just battle for fun. :)

Feel free to drop me a message if you wanna talk/be friends! You can also ask questions to any staff member in bold blue/orange/red, and most importantly, have a wonderful time! See ya <3

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Hi Lyberty Welcome to Pokemon Community !
    Im new here too I like joined 2 months ago ...
    And This is pretty much the best forum i've ever been in and trust me i am in a lot of forums
    So I see how you're excited for Pokemon X and Y But Who isn't? I mean It's only a month away and seeing all the updates are making me jealous I mean I don't even have a 3ds I really reaaaally Want one..I played upto Gen 5 entirely And..Uh...Thats it :D
    *Pretty bad Reply from me*

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Hi Lyberty, welcome to PC :)

X and Y are fast approaching, only about a month left aaaaaahh xD They are certain to be really fun though. I liked Gen 5 but the experience system was tough to deal with at times, but I liked the games and the Pokemon. I hope you'll enjoy playing X and Y though, I think I'll probably have a blast. Anyways, enjoy the forum :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Well, first of all; welcome to PC!

Hi there! I see you like playing Gen IV! That was one of my favourite game, since I have nearly most of my Pokémon on there! It's gonna take a while moving them xD I see you like battling and trading, right? Then why don't you visit Trade Corner? It's an amazing place, where you can exchange Pokémon for other Pokémon, so that you can complete your Pokédex. They also do EV stuff there to, so make sure to check that out! It's always awesome getting help from the community on PC! I'm sure you'll love it! Also, you might want to check out Battle Center too!
    Our community has an awesome battle server, where you can play competitively or just for fun. I suggest you go check that out; It's really awesome and I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Have fun! :3~

Gen V was a little lacking, I agree with you. But the animated sprites totally make up for that! Also, they added little cameos for characters such as Cynthia! I'm also hyped about X/Y too. I can't wait for the Mega Evolutions! They look so cool! If you are going to get a Pokémon which can mega-evolve, which one would you choose? I'm going to choose Bulbasaur; in my opinion, Mega Venusaur looks awesome! And, I almost forgot xD; Don't forget to check out other parts of PC too! You might find a section or discussion that you really enjoy, so I would definitely recommend that! You can make many friends here too! There are a lot of friendly people here at PC, so please, feel at home! Also, I'll send you a request; We can chat, since I love talking to people! :3;

I hope you enjoy your stay at PC!
    Bai bai! :3;

Back