• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm afraid I'd have to ground you. TO YOUR ROOM MISTER!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Have you ever been grounded due to Pokemon? If yes, what was the reason (excessive playing, too much anime, too much PC?!)? Would you ever ground your children, if you were to have one, if they were to do the same?

I myself have never been grounded due to Pokemon. Final Fantasy yes, but Pokemon never. xP;

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I've never been grounded because of Pokemon, but I have been grounded and my Pokemon privileges such as watching it, playing with the dolls and playing the video games have been taking away from me. It's too late for anyone to punish me since I am an adult.

:t354:TG

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    The closest I've ever gotten would be threats. I remember playing FireRed quite avidly back in 04 and my mom threatened to ground me if I didn't stop. I was at the Elite Four and explained to her that I couldn't stop at this time because it's... the Elite Four. I never got grounded though.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I have never been grounded before for anything. It's not like grounding me would achieve anything. I only leave the house to go to school, work or go for a walk. If I got grounded, I would just walk around the house, and that really annoys my parents.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • Nope! I've had my DS taken away (like, years ago) for playing a lot, but not grounded. And it wasn't specifically due to Pokemon.

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
  • Oh no, I haven't been grounded since I was like nine, and it wasn't for pokemon. xD

I don't even think my parents know I play pokemon.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Nahh never haha, I don't think I've ever been grounded at all? My gameboy and stuff has been taken in a few times I reckon by my parents, but that wasn't because of Pokémon, but because I was playing too much in general haha.

Years
  • My parents didn't really believe in the concept of grounding. They were quite strict though. Until I turned 17 years old or something, I was only allowed to play video games on the Friday after school and the weekend. That included Pokemon too and I think it was pretty maddening at times on the Monday morning, knowing that I wasn't allowed to play until five days time.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I've never been grounded in my life, and being 19, I don't think I will be...

Back