• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm aspiring to be...

fireflystorm

shsl loser
Years
  • I'm aspiring to be a geneticist. Specifically I want to do genetic research on the biological and evolutionary significance of introns ("junk DNA"). My second career of choice would be microbiology or immunology, but I have a real passion for genetics. Maybe that's why Pokemon fascinates me!

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Well, there has been a lot of things I've wanted to be in my life, so I'll list them here.

When I was five I really, really, really wanted to be an astronaut for whatever reason. Now I don't like the idea of floating in space and being so far away from Earth, and anyway I'm not smart enough to become one.

At around eight I definitely wanted to be a football player for the obvious reasons. Simply put, I'm not athletic at all, and though I don't think myself as a bad player I'm nowhere near good enough to be at a professional level.

When I was like twelve I think I wanted to be a manga artist. I had been drawing mostly manga stuff all my life because of being exposed to mostly anime and Pokemon all my childhood so I was pretty decent at it, but now I'm not as serious on drawing itself, so that dream isn't really my preference anymore.

Last year I wanted to be an architect, simply because I realised I wanted to do something creative when I get older, and once a professor from Oxford Brookes came into my high school to give us a speech on architecture, which I attended. That gave me more of a push to pursue this profession, but though it is still a serious option for me right now I feel like designing buildings and such isn't really what I want to do for most of my life. I want to do something creative, but I'm now having feelings that I should instead look more towards a more secure path.

And that results to today. Now I don't really know what I want to do. Before I had such exact dreams of what I wanted to be, but now I'm struggling more than ever. The way I'm headed I will be doing a Computer Science degree, which I guess I wouldn't mind doing, but I still have doubts in my head about that too. I want to do something creative like a graphic designer or an illustrator, but I'm scared that I won't earn enough to be "doing well", if that makes sense. In the end I guess all I want is a secure job where I enjoy what I'm doing and get paid well for it... but then again, that's just about nearly everyone's dream.

This post turned out a lot longer than I anticipated lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    I am aspiring to work in the entertainment industry in television and movies. I am not aspiring to be an actor, I would want to do the behind the scenes stuff such as editing and filming. I am currently going to college for this, and I enjoy the program a lot. I hope to score an internship this summer, so we'll see. But I really find the world of television and film interesting, and I have always seen myself being involved in it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    I am aspiring to work in the entertainment industry in television and movies. I am not aspiring to be an actor, I would want to do the behind the scenes stuff such as editing and filming. I am currently going to college for this, and I enjoy the program a lot. I hope to score an internship this summer, so we'll see. But I really find the world of television and film interesting, and I have always seen myself being involved in it.

Years
  • I'm really unsure what I want to be specifically in the future at this point, but all I know is that I want to be working with computers later in my life. Whether that means being a computer programmer, working with hardware, or just simple IT/networking, I want to be in the field of computing.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I thought about this a lot actually and nailed it to three things : Game Designer, Programmer or Business Administrator(w/e it's called). Those are what I, hopefully, want to ne when I'm older. I'm already learning coding so that's a step I guess.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    There are a lot of things I want to be when I grow up, and one of them is to become an author. I've always had an interest in writing my own stories and I love sharing out my experiences, so I got in to blogging. That's when I realized that I could incorporate the things that are happening in my life through more than just Tumblr -- by making them into a story. There's also my dream to become an actress, which first started out as just a small skit for our English class. My English teacher was so impressed with my acting, and I guess my classmates were, as well, so every time there's a play, they always want me to be the main character.

I also want to be an architect, a politician, a game developer, a web designer, an artist, a director of a soap opera, and a teacher of values education.

Years
  • Well, I'm getting my degree in Accounting in June, but I don't really know if I want to be an accountant forever. I actually really don't know what I want to do.

There's a part of me that's in love with real estate, and I would love to get involved in the industry. But I don't know if I'd want to be an agent or an appraiser or what.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • In a way I'm already doing my dream job. I wanted to be in the Army, so I joined. Recently I have learned that I hate my MOS, so I'm currently trying to get it switched to a Combat Engineer. Not going so well so far, might have to wait until the end of my contract to get it switched which will be another 6 years. My goal is to become at least the rank of Staff Sergeant before I leave the service. Just 3 more ranks to go!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Up until very recently I wanted to be a mechanical engineer. If you want a more specific answer I wanted to be a roller coaster designer. However, there was one thing standing in my way. I hate math.

So, I re-evaluated and decided to take a more writing based career. I'm not sure what exactly I want to do, but I'm leaning towards LA teacher, or journalist. I like writing, and I like helping others, so LA teacher just seems like a best fit right now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've always wanted to be a professional graphic and web designer, but that's totally out of the equation, as my parents don't seem to like that. I've wanted to be actress as well, but due to my parents, that isn't an option either. The only choices that they had given me is to become either a teacher, a police officer, a meteorologist, or a dentist. I'd probably be a police, since that sounds to be the most exciting. Being a meteorologist isn't that bad, either—I'd get to study and try to predict the weather. Some may find this to be a bit boring, but I don't. Dentist… I don't like smelling or looking into people's mouths, so that's a definite no. Haha. As for teaching, I don't like that at all. This job could stress you out quite a bit. d:

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I want to be a librarian. :p
    My backup plan is to publish comics and get rich and famous. (ha ha. . . )

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • As a kid, there was a time I really wanted to be a teacher. I've always liked kids and I remember I used to play "school" with my little sister and some of her friends. I would be the teacher and they would be my students, obvs. I'd even prepare assignments for them, grade it, and everything. While there were other things I wanted to become (chef, architect, etc.) being a teacher was the biggest. At least it was until that fateful day my English teacher introduced me to theater during my freshman year in high school.

Ever since our first production, I knew acting was what I wanted to do. I loved the feeling of stepping into the shoes of another character and digging into who they are as a person and trying to portray them as well as understand them. When I reflected back on my childhood I realized many times I was the center of entertainment for my family and friends. I liked putting on a show for people and making them laugh.

It's a long and hard road to becoming the successful actor I want to be, but I'm pretty persistent about it. Along the journey, I also would really like to write a trilogy of books (something in the works currently) and create, develop, and write my own supernatural drama television series. I love television and the idea of working on my own series fascinates me and it's just another passion that has grown since I've wanted to go into the entertainment industry.

If all else fails, being a psychologist and helping people with their problems wouldn't be so bad.

Years
  • I am aspiring to be a primary school teacher and I am currently studying towards this goal at University. There's a fairly long list of other things I have considered doing but teaching has been in my head since I was twelve to at least some degree and at the forefront of my mind since I was about fourteen.

I want to be a teacher because I love educating others, helping people through their problems (and yes this is most definitely a part of being a teacher), learning and of course working with kids. I guess it helps that I have had some amazing teachers in my life and that my mum is a teacher. As a side note I'm also looking to get qualified as a dance coach for similar reasons, I have a real passions for dance xD. I will be resuming my theory lessons towards that qualification soon I hope.

Some other things I have wanted to do?
    1. When I was like 6 or 7 I actually really wanted to be an entrepreneur or at least a higher-up in big business. I was a weird kid.

2. When I was a bit older I was interested in more creative pursuits. I considered being a musician and liked the idea... but I have no gift for playing an instrument at all. I considered writing lyrics professionally too, but I lost interest very quickly. The one that has stuck with me to this day to a degree is that I would like to write a book. Perhaps a short story anthology though since I don't have the drive to write novels.

3. In year eight (when I was twelve turning thirteen) we studied Geology for a rather significant amount of time as our science topic. I was really fascinated and decided I would like to be a geologist or palaeontologist. I'm not as interested in the field these days but I still collect rocks/gem stones and fossils.

My plan is basically this

1. Finish degree/get coaches qualification.
    2. Teach for a few years, coach on the side.
    3. Start transitioning into a private tutoring business, continue coaching.
    4. Once business is doing well, stop actively teaching as much to pursue a second degree - this time in psychology. Still coaching of course xD
    5. Begin to also practice psychology professionally. Never will I give up coaching though haha.

This was a surprisingly long post...

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    A few years ago I wanted to be an architect before realizing I hate maths and I dislike technology classes even though I am one of the best students in IT and Design.
    My main focus is after school join the army, I dislike school and I don't want to go to university when I can already program games. My family Hates the idea of me joining the army and I think that fuels me a little more, I plan to leave Australia once I have the Nkrumah and move elsewhere like Japan or China preferably China since it will be an economic powerhouse and be a n extremely powerful country. I wouldn't mind becoming a police officer but I dont see the need since joining the army pays well and I would be doing nothing and being payed for it (these are my views) plus if I do get shipped out I get to see what another country looks likes with my own eyes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I aspire is to become a Doctor. I'm not sure what kind yet, but I have 3-4 years to decide on that. Next year when I go off to college I'm probably majoring in biochemistry and biological sciences. I hope to make stellar grades then make it into me. school. I want to go out west to California or even go overseas to be a doctor.

Back