• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Im creating a resource base

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2015
    Yeah! Im so psyched. I believe I am creating a first of a kind resource base that will help so many people in their crafting. Yes puff daddy, my rom base is emerald.

But I have one question. Yes I did try diego's tool but his tool guide isn't much of a guide at all so Im asking you all.

Is there a glitch free, relatively noob friendly tool I can use to utterly banish the truck scene and get my character to spawn on some map, so that hackers won't have to go and do that with my base rom. If there involves hex editing (i do have goldfinger), please explain what hex's to replace and what to replace it with *coughcough*

THANKS and I hope to contribute more than just this rom base (shouldn't take more than a couple days at this speed....)

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2015
    This is Diegoisawesome's tool but like his guide says,
    "0x84458 for the map bank
    0x8445A for the map number
    0x8445C for the starting X position
    0x84454 for the starting Y position"

I don't know what to replace the hex number with (and honestly, which section of the hex coding its at)

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    This is Diegoisawesome's tool but like his guide says,
    "0x84458 for the map bank
    0x8445A for the map number
    0x8445C for the starting X position
    0x84454 for the starting Y position"

I don't know what to replace the hex number with (and honestly, which section of the hex coding its at)

You use a tool known as a hex editor, which allows direct manipulation of the ROM file's data. A popular general use hex editor around here is called HxD. It can be found here: https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/.
    To modify the data, open the file with the editor and go to the offsets listed. You can change the byte (two digits in the hex editor) there to modify what you need.

The map bank and number you can get from Advanced Map, which organizes maps by bank and then number. You'll need to convert them to hexadecimal because the tool lists them in decimal form. The X and Y position can also be seen with Advanced Map by moving your mouse over the map to the position you want, and seeing it in the statusbar at the bottom of the tool. Thankfully the X/Y position is given in hexadecimal so you can put those numbers in directly.

Back