• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm Drunk!

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
  • If I'm just drinking casually I normally just have Desperados. If the occasion asks for it though it's Jägerbombs and Jack Daniels alongside too because I'm reckless

Years
  • I can't imagine my life without beer per day! On occasions I drink vodka or other stuff with workmates in hotel or with my family. I've been drunk sometimes and even to the point I lost consciousness. I puked on several occasions as well. I enjoy being tipsy but there is a gigantic line between being tipsy and drinking yourself to unconsciousness, I TRY not to do the latter and I hate hangovers.
    One thing I hate in drinking is mixing various alcohols. If I want to drink beer, I drink beer only and get drunk on beers.

I don't like drinking pure vodka. I love drinks made on fruits and spirit or liqueurs for that matter (raspberry, cherry and plum liqueurs), some whiskey is nice as well, cognac too. Rarely something harder like Polish moonshine (we make pretty strong ones). If it comes to beer, I like drinking our Polish brands mostly (Tyskie, Kasztelan, Lech). I love me some Jack or Johnnie with ice from time to time if we talk about whiskey. I don't like wine much though, only one or two glasses for dinner is good enough and I prefer selfmade wine, as well as liqueur or moonshine.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    spiced alcohols are my favorite.

i'm also partial to patrón because it's such a smooth shooter and doesn't taste like piss. :P

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Right. A story. Okay so started to get into it in the staff chat so like here goes the worst/best drunk night of my life.

Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm boring and haven't gotten drunk yet. :V It's less that I dislike it (although seeing some other friends who are quite into drinking get drunk did turn me off somewhat), and more that a good bunch of friends I hang out with don't drink to begin with, and that there isn't much alcohol I like the taste of. =/ There's sometimes some wine that I can kinda tolerate, and I do enjoy cider, but I usually only have a couple at most. Beer however I'm yet to try one I like at all...

There is a drinking culture in Australia, but it doesn't seem quite as dominating as you say it is in England, shenanigans. But again, maybe it's just the group of people one hangs out with. The friends of mine who do go out to bars and get pissed aren't ones I see all too often.

Years
  • I don't know what the hell I was thinking but the other day for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to mix cranberry juice and fireball whiskey..........

let me just say, never again.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • What does it mean to be drunk? I insist that I have never been drunk, but maybe I've been borderline drunk? Am I not on the same page as everybody else?

I think everyone opinion of being drunk is different. I tend to classify intoxication as follows:
    • tipsy is when you start to feel fuzzy in your head. Not neccesarily a bad fuzzy, but tipsy is the first stage you realize your thoughts are being affected. Hand-eye coordination is impaired, but only ever so slightly (at least, for me). You can walk and talk fine, although you may use different words than you normally would. This is what I call being tipsy.
    • drunk is when you kind of forget about the sensations in your hands and feet. Not that you can't feel things anymore, just that the sensation of feeling isn't as prominent as it would be when you were tipsy, or sober. Drunk is when you walk differently, you might stumble around depending on your sea legs, and where most people have their strange conversations. You might have a hangover in the morning if you were drunk, but I don't normally get hangovers on anything less than a fifth of vodka or tequila. (I don't like dark liquors very much. Tequila, though. That's some strange stuff)
    • wasted is the point where you legitimately can't walk without extreme assistance. Your actions are determined from urges and instincts rather than premeditated thought, and this is what everyone is talking about when they "don't want to lose control". It's not really that you lose control, it's just that you lose the ability to think and assess and comprehend and ascertain. Not to say you revert to a neanderthal, but that isn't really far from the mark, either. There are times you'll be wasted where you clearly remember your actions throughout the night and others that you'll just not remember events past a certain point - what everyone refers to as blacking out. I've only blacked out once, and I still don't know everything I did that night.
    Of course, this is my opinion and everyone has different ideas of the tiers of sobriety, but this is how I like to quantify it. I'd say buzzed is maybe between tipsy and drunk, or maybe tipsy is between buzzed and drunk. I dunno. I use tipsy when trying to assess what state I'm at more than buzzed. Some friends I've drank with have referred to the tipsy state as "I'm feeling it" [/monado boy]. Drunk is the point when you shouldn't drive, dunno any other ways to describe it. Wasted, smashed, hammered, fucked up, all those are the same to me. Mostly. They mean the same state, but when I use them I choose which one depending on the situation/context.

So, uh, yeah. You might have been drunk or borderline drunk once. Didn't mean to go full wall of text mode on you XD

Ayyyy what do you guys prefer to drink as your go to bev? Or if you've never drank before why do you choose not to? I'm drinking Angry Orchid right now and I may or may not be a tad buzzed wink wink.

My go tos are Blue Moon or Heineken. I used to swear by BM, but recently I've started to buy more and more Heineken. I have to really be in the mood for a hard cider to drink that, it's just too sweet. I don't tend to favor sweet things. If I have the money and don't care what my roomie says about me, I'll mix bloody maries or bloody marias and drink those all day. jk my roomie doesn't care

Reactions: Nah

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I'm not fond of the smell, taste, nor side effects of alcohol. My first drinking experience was around 21 where I took shots of whiskey with my dad and brother. Let's just say I was not ready for the kick that is fireball cinnamon whiskey. I haven't shown an interest because I hate bitterness. My dad tries to recommend a sweet/fruity drink so on some occasions I have tried strawberry daiquiris and hurricanes. I can't stand it when everyone else in my family orders draft beer or margaritas or long islands, and then I have to deal with their BS when they're drunk. They're talkative drunks and are embarrassing in public. It's as difficult as trying to herd kittens.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • so no one arrest me for being underage please

I'm not an alcoholic by any stretch of the imagination, but rather a college kid who attends parties where the sole purpose is to get drunk and have a good time. I'm very very good about my limits most of the time, and I've identified my own behavior based on levels of drunkenness and what's considered safe.

the worst has been spilling mcdonalds milkshakes at 3 am but that's still a bitch to clean up

But honestly, when you don't abuse the stuff, it's a blast. It's one of my favorite things to do, but I can only really handle it once or twice a month. I feel like I let go of a lot of filters that hold me back from really delving into my social potential.

I think it's just a lot of young people go too far and become dependent on it. Not having fun? Drink more, they think, when perhaps they should just go to bed or find better people to party with. :X

Favorites include Vodka (lighter "hangovers" for me - no headaches), and Whiskey. Though sometimes I like to get my queer on and mix something fruitier. I really want to try a martini!​

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • I drink when I go out with friends (usually once or twice a month) and I don't drink to get drunk, just to enjoy the night out with friends and we usually end up playing pool, laser tag or other non-reckless things. I've only ever blacked out once and I regret it but at the same time I'm happy that I was able to learn what my limit is and that I know where to stop if I ever drink heavily in one night. Also where I'm from the legal age is 18 not 21, so I've been drinking with friends for about 3 years now but we normally don't leave our houses or immidiate vicinity.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Almost everyone I know gets drunk and high usually when they go out on the weekeds, so I didn't expect to find a lot of people here who haven't gotten drunk as a choice. I drink with my friends sometimes when I go out but that isn't that often. I used to avoid alcohol because the taste was bad but I got over it lol.

Back