• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: I'm Fixin' It: Emerald's Broken PRNG

Years
  • Age 96
  • Seen Mar 14, 2022
Does soft resetting for a shiny work with MWisbest's patch? Need to know before I sink hours into sr'ing for shiny mudkip.

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
THE IPS PATCHES ARE NOT WORKING... SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO SOLVE IT? I WANT MAKE SOFT RESET AGAIN

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024

Someone on twitter found a shiny using one of the patches and soft resetting, I'm still trying to figure out which one of them though

Update: testing with the automatic bot if the latest patch works, let's see
9a6EDGV.png

EDIT: Found it! Latest patch works!
GkRLrge.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024
Hey! Thats me. Yeah the 32 bit patch from MWisBest in 2017 also works. The 1st post is the one's I was using since it more closely replicates the more limited RNG yields of Pokemon in FrLg and Emerald. Granted the 32 bit one would be the most optimal patch to hunt in, you might have trouble if you intend to port it up to newer gens if Bank or Home detects it the seed of the mew isnt supposed to be naturally generated in Emerald. But I highly doubt bank is smart enough to tell the difference, its just for anyone who wants to be on the safer side to use the first patch they built. Anyway, happy hunting!

Days
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Hey! Thats me. Yeah the 32 bit patch from MWisBest in 2017 also works. The 1st post is the one's I was using since it more closely replicates the more limited RNG yields of Pokemon in FrLg and Emerald. Granted the 32 bit one would be the most optimal patch to hunt in, you might have trouble if you intend to port it up to newer gens if Bank or Home detects it the seed of the mew isnt supposed to be naturally generated in Emerald. But I highly doubt bank is smart enough to tell the difference, its just for anyone who wants to be on the safer side to use the first patch they built. Anyway, happy hunting!
Which do you mean by the first?

Back