• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm forming a new country. Want in?

Hassamu

Beamin'
Years
  • I will move to your country, but only on these conditions:

1. Name it 'Pink Hippo Land'
    2. Free delicious cake for all.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I want to enter, but only if the pictures are from icanhazcheezburger.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Two Suggestions
    Waffles grow on trees, pancakes grow underground, and Maple Syrup is squeezed from the Waffles
    Waffle trees with syrup sounds really nice, but I'm not so sure that I'd want to eat pancakes from out of ground - wouldn't they be all muddy?

i don't wan't to be a citizen, no way! I want power
    Give me a seat on the throne and you got yourself a deal
    How can I be sure you won't use your powers for evil?

I will move to your country, but only on these conditions:

1. Name it 'Pink Hippo Land'
    2. Free delicious cake for all.
    We don't have any pink hippos though, so the name would be kind of misleading. Can't we break even and I'll just bake you a pink hippo cake? It won't be to scale though.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    How can I be sure you won't use your powers for evil?

You can't be sure O:
    I'm pretty unpredictable you know
    ... I'm all for justice (b")b
    But i never said I wouldn't like the sounds of universal destruction either <u> /creepy stare/wtf am i on?
    So do i get the job :D?

---

The theme should be the FUN song from spongebob ಠ_ಠ /slapped

Last edited:

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
  • Where do I sign up?! Can the national athem be the song Poker Face by Lady GaGa? And can I have a my very own special discostick to use a transportation? I also want to be part of the goverment, fyi. :3

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I want to be part of the goverment, and the theme should be Let Your Love Flow by the Bellamy Brothers

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I'm wondering if this is a joke or are you really planning on making a Micronation. The implications of a smiley faced island sounds tempting though. The country would profit from extensive tourism and uh general weirdness. Also, air conditioners to combat Global Warming would just make it worse. Air Conditioners contain refrigerants called CFC (well, some of them anyway).

CFC is not really that reactive therefore, it has a lifespan of over 100 years. When it is released into the atmosphere, ultraviolet radiation breaks of a chlorine element which incidentally is very reactive. Then, the chlorine atom will collide with an Ozone molecule and steal an oxygen atom to form Chlorine Monoxide and leaving the Ozone molecule as a regular molecule.
    Afterwards, when another oxygen atom collides with the Chlorine Monoxide molecule it will steal the oxygen atom and release the chlorine atom back into the atmosphere this cycle repeats itself.

If you use a non-CFC refrigerant it would be ok but then the power usage would be enormous. It is almost impossible to gather sufficient electrical energy from windmills and hydroelectric generators on such a small island. If you resort to fossil fuels then it just brings back the original global warming problem.

Now my comments on other stuff.
    The currency will be measured in notes called kitts. All kitts will have pictures of cats doing funny stuff printed on them. This will make people want to work harder to earn money and see more funny cats, and so the economy will do good.

Cool, lolcat money. But then, are you sure you have enough ink to print colored pictures on money?

People will have wings.
    I opt for fusion powered oxygen gas propelled jetpacks. :D

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    OK... Sounds unique. I would join, but as a scientist or researcher, to develop things further. Logic is the way of discovery, but so is imagination.

Royal Squirt

Senior Squirtle
    Years
  • I like the idea of this country very much. I wouldn't wanna be there while it's an angry face, angry faces aren't very nice x( I'd love it while it was a happy face!

Mew Ichigo

Akatsuki Fan
    Years
  • I want to grow all the Ichigos strawberries!

And this has to be the national flag:
    I'm forming a new country. Want in?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I suggest you name your country La Serenísima República de San Smiley. The Most Serene Republic of San Smiley.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I suggest waffles, pancakes and french toast as major exports. Alternatively, you could grow corn.

Belgium already beats you in that department. They have the best waffles in the world, and are -known- for it. They have more history.

And people wouldn't tour some random island. People tour to see history, like I said. Why do they go to France? Why do they go to Italy?

People tour to see history or culture, and the only culture I can see from this island is young teenagers running around thinking they can own a place without even proper knowledge of business or economy because they haven't even had the time to learn it yet.

Yeah, maybe you can turn your island into a resort but the only way you can lower the cost enough to persuade people to come instead of going to other countries is to have small wages and work the people there like personal maids and butlers.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Belgium already beats you in that department. They have the best waffles in the world, and are -known- for it. They have more history.

I vote we wage war on Belgium, for stealing our exports before we even had them :badsmile:

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • And those are my ideas.
    Rofl. YES. Best thread on PC ever.

Would you like to come and live in my country?
    Yes.

Also, do you have any ideas for stuff that could make my country better?
    No.

And are there any flaws in my idea which I should perhaps iron out?
    No.

And people wouldn't tour some random island. People tour to see history, like I said. Why do they go to France? Why do they go to Italy?

People tour to see history or culture, and the only culture I can see from this island is young teenagers running around thinking they can own a place without even proper knowledge of business or economy because they haven't even had the time to learn it yet.

Yeah, maybe you can turn your island into a resort but the only way you can lower the cost enough to persuade people to come instead of going to other countries is to have small wages and work the people there like personal maids and butlers.
    Damn. Enough careful thought and more irrational decision making plox.

Back