• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm going to see my newly built apartment in an hour!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    SO EXCITE I CANT HANDLE
    I'm moving tomorrow but haven't even seen the place yet, because it wasn't finished when we signed the contract haha. I'm a little bit nervous...

How do you feel about moving to a new home?
    Like it? Dislike it? Why?
    Do you currently dream (or dread!) of moving somewhere else?

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • Congratulations! Have you had a look at the outside?

It's my absolute dream to move out and have my own place. Starting housing prices for a 2 bedroom around here are £150,000, which I'd never get a mortgage for. Sucks like a bucket of tics.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • You're so lucky!

I've lived in the same house all my life, so you as you could imagine I'm at the stage where I'm ready to move out. I'd love to have my own apartment, but unfortunately I need to save some money first.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I've moved 3 times..each time when I was young. It was pretty exciting to move..I got bored of living in the same houses. I've lived here for about 12 years and I'm thinking about moving.

I think Animal Crossing has influenced my feelings on moving quite a bit, lol.

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
  • You're so lucky!

I've lived in the same house all my life, so you as you could imagine I'm at the stage where I'm ready to move out. I'd love to have my own apartment, but unfortunately I need to save some money first.

Ditto, never had the luxury. I technically make enough to move to my own apartment if I really wanted but I am waiting until I get back to college and graduate before I move out.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    hay girl whats ur addy? lemme come over n chill

I don't really like all the work that goes into moving. It's more fun finally being moved. It's also fun and exciting to have a new environment and place to live in. I'm moving in about a month out of this apartment and it's pretty bittersweet. I like living on my own but at the same time it's not sustainable for me just yet. Gotta make the smart decision u know.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Congratulations! Have you had a look at the outside?

It's my absolute dream to move out and have my own place. Starting housing prices for a 2 bedroom around here are £150,000, which I'd never get a mortgage for. Sucks like a bucket of tics.

Yes, the house is pretty cool, they are making them look all modern and such. And now I've also seen the inside haha, it's big and white and bright which is amazeballs <3 I just hope I will still get the large room because I don't want the tiny room haha.

Wow, and you don't feel like renting?

I will be moving out of my parents house later this year. I will be moving to a house with my sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and one of my brothers. It is going to be different. Course it will also be the third time in my life I will be moving from one house to another.
    That's an interesting set of people to live with. Because you like each other and want to live together, or mostly for money reasons?

Ditto, never had the luxury. I technically make enough to move to my own apartment if I really wanted but I am waiting until I get back to college and graduate before I move out.
    Here, most people move out into tiny cheap apartments when we go to college/uni. It's what happens after graduation that can be tricky haha. Some actually move back home to their parents.

hay girl whats ur addy? lemme come over n chill

I don't really like all the work that goes into moving. It's more fun finally being moved. It's also fun and exciting to have a new environment and place to live in. I'm moving in about a month out of this apartment and it's pretty bittersweet. I like living on my own but at the same time it's not sustainable for me just yet. Gotta make the smart decision u know.
    hey boy, hop on a plane and give me a call when you get here, my room is big enough for both of us and we get one cat each (8

I still think it'll be cool that you'll have your own That 70's Show basement.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    You better invite us to the housewarming party!

I'll be there for the sake of food and drinks

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Is this your first apartment or just a new one? Roommates? SO EXCITING <3

I LOATHE the moving process. In the past 2 years I have moved 4 times and it's exhausting, both physically and mentally. I want to be in a place I know I can call home for a little while :< I'd love to call my current place "home" for another couple of years, but I don't know if that'll be the case if I change jobs and take a salary cut. My fingers are crossed.

My goal has always been to move to a new city to get out of my comfort zone for a little while and see somewhere new. I'd still like to one day but I'm less of a rush :)

Bay

Years
  • Recently moved to my new place last year after living in the previous place for almost ten years. It was strange for me at first, but I'm loving the new place much better now. The moving process, though, I never liked, as it would take a while for me and my family to get pack everything (we had to get everything ready on short notice, hope this doesn't happen again).

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
  • Here, most people move out into tiny cheap apartments when we go to college/uni. It's what happens after graduation that can be tricky haha. Some actually move back home to their parents.

yeah but you guys get paid to go to school :(

Years
  • I hate moving really, it's a lot of work and stress. Once you've moved though and you're arranging stuff, that can be quite fun.

Sirfetch’d

My mom just sealed a deal on a half a duplex, now we're awaiting the bank's response as to whether or not we have the loan, so I totally feel the need excitement.

Congrats though! Moving is always a big thing in one's life.

Good luck with the loan/move! It sounds really exciting haha :)

As for me, I've only really moved once and it was just a move from one side of our property to another after our house was built. My parents invested in a large piece of property and built a larger house once our family started growing. I am looking forward to the day I move out on my own though!

Sirfetch’d

I'm extremely excited, actually. We've been living in an apartment for 5 years and it's been nothing but pure hell. The latest addition was that of a hot water line break in the hallway where all they've done is pull out the carpet underlay and dry the rug. We think there's mold in the wall at this point.

Ugh that sounds awful :/ Yeah I don't blame you for wanting to get out of that mess.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I just moved out of my parents' in November and I gotta say it's great to have freedom. It's not like I disliked living there, but it's nice to have my own space to spread out and to only have to worry about myself.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You better invite us to the housewarming party!

I'll be there for the sake of food and drinks
    I'll host a major Skype party for us~

All moved in now! Just gotta finish the cleaning etc of the old apartment. This new one is fab <3

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I just moved out of my parents' in November and I gotta say it's great to have freedom. It's not like I disliked living there, but it's nice to have my own space to spread out and to only have to worry about myself.

Well, that's the difference between Kakuna and Beedrill. ;)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Congrats on the move, Rika! Enjoy your new home!

As for myself, I've moved houses about 3 times in my life, and each time has been quite exciting, stressful, and emotional. However, the feeling of looking forward to starting each day in a fresh, new environment with new things to discover has always been fun.

Back