• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm gonna give my queer neighbor a lift to Baltimore.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
  • Lol the title comes from a movie

How blunt and straightforward are you? Do you differ in these qualities depending on real life or talking on the Internet? Does it annoy you when people are maybe a little too blunt or do you appreciate the honesty? At what point should things stop being sugarcoated?

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • I don't believe in sugarcoating; the truth is the truth and there's no point trying to pretend it isn't. As such, I'm blunt and I'm fine with others being blunt.

Years
  • I tend to be too honest at times, and some of my opinions may offend people so I just say nothing, though sometimes I just let it out which isn't a good thing.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I rather people be blunt and straight forward with me. My feelings aren't going to be hurt. Ain't got time to decipher hidden code messages either.

I'm usually pretty blunt, I hate lying. If I don't want to hurt the person's feelings then I just don't say anything at all.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I try to be honest unless the truth hurts since I like to take others' feelings into consideration (unless of course the truth is regarding something serious that needs to be known). When I'm pissed off though, which is rarely, I just let it all out. It takes a lot to piss me off so usually that doesn't happen.

Sirfetch’d

I've become a bit more straightforward as of late, especially on the internet because I have just learned not to let what others think bother me. I do wish that I can be a bit more honest with friends though as I tend to sugarcoat things with them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I try not to be blunt to anyone (including my own parents), because I'm afraid of seeing the reactions that they would make. I always sugarcoat stuff to protect people from getting their feelings hurt, and it also prevents me from making myself feel rude or ignorant. d: I even cover my insults to make them seem as if they're compliments.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I've learned to be more straightforward. I won't be completely blunt, but I'll get my point across all the same. Reviewing fics has taught me that. No one is going to learn anything if you tell them that their stuff is good and nothing else. It may sting at first, but in the long run, everyone will benefit from it.

Years
  • It's not really my problem how someone else takes the truth. If they can't come to terms with it even after I've thrown it at their face then they should maybe take a step back and think about it.

I'm very much an active public-shamer. If you say or do something stupid I'm going to call you on it, and I'm going to make sure you know that people were around to witness. That way you learn not to be an idiot quickly.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Eloquence. Honesty is served, of course, as among my highest of values, yet not in the most basic of terms, and not everything is worth saying anyway. One could call me sharply honest, rather than bluntly so. If I were to reference the title for example, there's no reason to point out that one's neighbour is queer. As a recipient, I appreciate any sincerity; I find gilded words disdainful.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I hate when people sugarcoat things. To me it doesn't do me any favors, just be upfront about things.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm fairly blunt when it comes to meeting new people and I'm ridiculously blunt around people I know and care about.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • I think that sugarcoating has its time and place. Although I'm a really harsh person by nature I'm also aware that being blunt all the time is sort of annoying? Like good lord the people I meet who are like "I'm blunt idgaf get used to it" instantly become hated because they don't have good skills with dealing with people. You can't let yourself be a pushover, but you also just can't... not give consideration to other people's feelings.

Years
  • Usually I HATE when things are sugar-coated, with the exception of ...

Spoiler:

Back