• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Im looking for a fun challenge

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Not the same old monotype challenge, im looking for something creative and interesting for either R/B/Y or G/S/C. Does anyone know of any good ones i can do?

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Try sticking with three pokemon, only using three potions per battle(one per pokemon), only use pokeballs(no great/ultra/master balls), don't use your starter. Those are just some rules that I came up with. Try coming up with something yourself if no one else replies.
    Good luck.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Trust me, not using your starter doesn't add very much challenge to the game. By the time I defeat the League Champion in any given game, my starter is usually sitting in my box at level 8.

A great challenge would be to challenge gym leaders only with pokemon that are weak against the gym leader's type. (IE. using Grass type against Falkner)

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    I just did a 1 pokemon run. I hacked the red rom to make the starter Staryu. I only fought with that staryu from level 5. Now its a 100 Starmie and has pwned the elite 4 50+ times. That was a fun challenge :]

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Using "Fixed Moveset" Pokemon. Pokemon that can only learn 4 or less moves, which include:

-Caterpie (Tackle, Stringshot)
    Higher Attack and Speed than Metapod

-Metapod (Tackle, Stringshot, Harden)
    Higher HP, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense than Caterpie

-Weedle (Poison Sting, Stringshot)
    Higher Attack and Speed than Kakuna

-Kakuna (Poison Sting, Stringshot, Harden)
    Higher HP, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense than Weedle

-Magikarp (Splash, Tackle, Flail)
    Has High Speed, but nothing else, really.

-Ditto (Transform)
    Transform into Stronger Opponents

-Unown (Hidden Power)
    Can help cover other types with Hidden Power that the others can't.

-Wobbuffet(Destiny Bond, Counter, Safeguard, Mirror Coat)
    It's not Uber in GSC, due to the lack of Encore and Shadow Tag. But it's worth a try.

Delibird and Smeargle could be used, to, due to lack of Variety of Level-Up Moves(Although Smeargle, with its one Level-Up Move, can lean a large variety of moves).

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • i made a thread called the trio challenge i need some challengers on that :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Do a "First Six" Challenge. The first six Pokemon in the wild you run into become your team (could be all Rattata and Pidgey, but it could be Rattata, Pidgey, Mankey, Pikachu, Weedle and Caterpie d:) depending on the game you play.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Do a "First Six" Challenge. The first six Pokemon in the wild you run into become your team (could be all Rattata and Pidgey, but it could be Rattata, Pidgey, Mankey, Pikachu, Weedle and Caterpie d:) depending on the game you play.

Ironically, that's how my brother plays every pokemon game...his recent Diamond game included a Bibarel and a Kricketune in his final team. XD

Anyways, a fun challenge, for me at least, for Red/Blue involves what madhatta317 suggested, hack the game and change your starter to any of the original 151 pokemon...of course, using a ROM makes any damage from using gameshark codes sustained a bit less permanent.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Do The Whole Game With A Team of dittos! haha
    most fun i've ever had playing a pokemon game!

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • You could do a disadvantage challenge. When you do the gym challenges, you use pokemon that do low damage to the leader or E4's pokemon (ie charmander vs onix)

Back