• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm new here and making a new game

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    Hi guys,

I'm new here. What's up.
    When it comes to Pokemon, I'm an OG.
    My first game was Pokemon Red when it was new, on a gameboy that didn't even have color.
    Funny thing is, I never stopped playing it.
    I bought a DS just to play the Silver remake, Soul Silver.
    But I'm not a big fan of the later generations.
    I just didn't find it as fun... and playing the same Pokemon games I had played a million times over the years just wasn't fun anymore.

It wasn't until a few months ago I discovered that... PEOPLE F**KING MAKE HACKED POKEMON GAMES.

Naturally, I played a bunch of them.
    And it inspired me to make my own.

Anyways, I'd like to hear some feedback about my idea.

Title: Pokemon Generation Zero

Plot: This is the world in the past. People lived in villages and feared the creatures that inhabited the world with them. They were simply known as monsters. A certain group of people in that time, lived among these monsters and tamed them, and developed an art of battling with them. They were known as Monster Trainers. They would travel around villages and offer protection, using the Pokemon he/she journeyed with.

One day, Silph Co. announces the invention of the Pokeball. An invention that provides solutions for every village around the world. Hence, the monsters catchable with Pokeballs were known as Pocket Monsters, or Pokemon.

Kanto becomes target to what appears to be a well coordinated attack by Pokemon.
    Other regions cannot provide any aid... the Pokemon have blocked Pokeball shipments to other regions.
    So every male in the Kanto is drafted to serve the military.
    Your player is one of these men.
    You become one of the first people ever to become a Pokemon trainer.
    You complete missions, and given harder tasks each time, storyline advancing, of course.
    You learn the truth behind the Pokemon attacks..
    ...and Silph Co's TRUE intentions.
    Will your player stay loyal to the region he plead allegiance to?
    Or will the truth make him the hero that the world deserves?

P.S. Also, the birth of Team Rocket will happen in this game.

If you would like to some day play a Pokemon game with this plot, I highly suggest you do not spoil yourself with the ending I have planned for the game:
    Spoiler:

I probably missed a detail or two, idk. But I need a LOT of help guys ):
    I'm not so good at using Pokemon Essentials. I'm learning but I've got a long way to go.
    If anybody would be interested in collaborating or something, I"m totally cool with that.

But anyways, let me know what you think. Appreciate it.

Years
  • Hi there, Geezy! Welcome to PC. =)

If you want to share your hack plot/storyline idea with us, check out the storyline idea thread. There you'll be able to keep note of the plot you're planning on going for and get feedback from others. Remember that PokeCommunity isn't just a ROM hacking forum so your best bet would be to post this in the appropriate section, which would be the Emulation & ROM Hacking board! That's where all the hackers go for tools and assistance.

But ah yeah! My first was Blue, then Red later for Christmas aaages back when I was 8/9 years old. Can't believe how time flies and how obsessed I've become with Pokemon since. n~n; So you're not into the newer games like X and Y? We have all sorts of different fans here so you won't have issues settling in either way.

Enjoy your time on the forum and good luck with your hack!

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Welcome to The PC Forums. Oh Gawd Oh Gawd! YAY! Awesome Story.. Oops I'm going off-topic again. Good Luck in making your hacked game, but making games with RMXP and Pokemon Essentials is much easier. Anyways, Have Fun, making your game!

Back