• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm New Here!

Mieka

Born in Kanto Region
Years
  • Hello everyone i'm new here but not new to the Pokemon series. I use to watch Pokemon up to the part when Ash went to Sinnoh region. After that I stopped watching the series. I was still into the videogames. The pokemon games I played was Emerald, Firered, Leafgreen, and Diamond. I did use to have silver but the game always froze on me. So I do have experience with Pokemon when it comes to battlling until recently on Youtube I saw how differently people play and looking in the forums of people talking about these Pokemon terms I don't know. So I would like to know more about how to battle good in Wi-Fi battles by using different strategies and tactics. I don't have my games no more but I am starting a new journey by getting Pokemon Platinum for Christmas hopefully. Thank you for reading this and I hope I can meet some awesome trainers! (:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Hello there, Mieka! Welcome to PC :D It's really a pleasure to meet you~ Lovely seeing you join our community! There's so many things to do around here as well as lots of friendly members to befriend - you certainly will come to see that quickly enough!

Ah, so you've played quite a lot of the games already! That's really cool. Do you have a favourite out of those that you've played? For me, it's gotta be HGSS, DPPt and B/W2. Those few games mean a lot to me and I've enjoyed them immensely. Do you have a favourite Pokemon as well? Tell us more about yourself! Feel free to tell us anything at all. :3

Yeah, I've got to agree that battling's more than meets the eye! There are so many different tactics and strategies, be it in-game or competitively. I'm sure you'll find all that you're looking for at our Battle Center where you can find anything related to battling such as team help, strategies, etc. There are lots of helpful members who would be able to guide you along your path. Hm, I know! Why not drop by our Battle Server where you can make your own teams, challenge other players and have a fun time chatting with our members? It'll be a great opportunity to meet and greet lots of new people. The link is in my sig, so do hope to see you sometime :3 Also be sure to check out the other sections. We have a lot more to offer!

Be sure to stick around and have an amazing time here kays! You can always turn to our helpful Moderators. They'll always be there for you whenever, wherever. Need a new friend? I'm open to a VM or two at my profile! Once again, welcome to PC and enjoy your stay! n_n

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Hello Mieka. I see that you'll about to play Platinum? It's one enjoyable games that I like, that it's one of my favorites on Gen 4 games. I'm not competitive battler, but you can check Battle Center like my friend Syn just said, to know a lot more of battling skills. You can VM me if you want to talk, and I'll always open for friend requests. Welcome to PC Mieka, and I hope you can be active soon~

Years
  • Heya Mieka, welcome to the forum!

I feel so happy to see you here because well, I love seeing a new face here every day because we are very diverse and there's loads to see and do. As my great friend Synerjee said, you might even make a new friend or two. I've played a lot of the games myself as well, but notably the newer generations (except X/Y, still yet to play that) and yeah tell us more about you so we can get to know you better. Don't worry, I understand if you're shy.

Synerjee has recommended the Battle Center section if you are interested in competitive battling, plus we have a Pokemon Showdown server you can battle fellow PC members on, so do pop by when you can. Anyways, looking forward to chatting with you and I do hope to see you around. The staff are always there if you need help so yeah just look for those bold usernames!

- Hikari

Mieka

Born in Kanto Region
    Years
  • @MusaddiqTheWarrior Thank you for adding me and talk to you soon!

@Synerjee Nice to meet you too! I'm liking the site so far, there's a lot of stuff on here. I just received a friend request already.^^

I really liked all of the Pokemon games I played. It's kind of hard to choose.xD I say my favorite Pokemon game is Pokemon Emerald version. I really loved the music on the game and the rare Pokemon you catch on there. I have a lot of favorite Pokemon from common to rare Pokemon. As for right now I'm trying to think of what Pokemon to choose for Pokemon Platinum. On Pokemon Diamond I chose Piplup which was my favorite, I'm doing research on which starter Pokemon to choose.^^

Thank you for the help I really appreciate it! I know, when I use to battle online I usually use brute force without using moves to help with my stats or make a certain type of move powerful during the battle. I didn't know there was much more than just attacking all the time.

@Starry Windy Yes for Christmas I told my mom I want to get Pokemon Platinum so bad lol. Okay I will checkout the Battle Center and If I need any advice I will talk to you. Thank you very much.^^

@Hikari10 When I saw Pokemon X/Y I was really excited about it. I decided to start from Pokemon Platinum before buying Pokemon X/Y because I like to get to know the games and go in order. I might buy the older versions if I can't get the Pokemon that's unobtainable in gen 1,2, and 3. About me well I do like to watch anime, play videogames, and go shopping. (:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh yay yay, Emerald fans! I'm huge on Pokemon Emerald myself. Third generation was pretty great and I spent hundreds of hours playing through Sapphire so it'll always be a great memory. Welcome to the forum and great to meet you, Mieka!

Battling's a pretty great part of Pokemon; there's a lot of ways to keep busy in that regard. Making a good team can take a pretty long time and the battles themselves are really thrilling and fun. I've yet to have an actual wi-fi battle with battlers that aren't just casual friend battles but I do hope I'll be able to whenever I get my team together. Platinum's a great game as well so I hope you can get it! It's worth checking out the Fourth Generation Gaming board to discuss it whenever you get the chance as well. n~n

Hope to see you around lots as PC is a great forum, yes? Be sure to stick around! :) And hopefully you'll be able to share your experiences with playing Pokemon with us all the way up to X/Y and beyond. See you around and welcome once again!

Mieka

Born in Kanto Region
    Years
  • @Sheep Thank you for the welcome!

Okay thank you for sharing! When I had my Pokemon games I didn't do much Wi-fi since I never thought about it and I don't know anyone who have Pokemon games where I live. Until I recently thought about I can easily connect with friends by looking into the Pokemon forums! I really enjoyed 3rd gen, especially the criminals Team Magma and Aqua. I hope they do a remake like they did Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I never thought they would make a remake of that game which I need to get too. I didn't really pay attention to the news about upcoming Pokemon games.

I have a question. When I changed my layout it changed to the recent layout when I logged in. Does it not stay?

Back