• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I'm new to EV training and I think my Gible sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
Years
  • I'm sorry, I don't know where this goes. If this is the wrong place to post please let me know.

Anyway, I have a Gible level 20 with an Adamant Nature. I'm new to EV training, so bear with me. It was temporarily infected with the Pokerus, and I've been training it with pokemon with nothing but attack EVs, which was a bad idea right? Here are my Gible's stats.

Attack 53
    Defense 23
    Special attack 22
    Special Defense 23
    Speed 23

Attack is high enough, but it's other stats suck. Should I stay with this one or rebreed another one?

If you got any good advice I'd be happy to hear it. :D

Again. I know the MODs are strict with this, but I don't know where this goes.

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    stick with it i think. EV train the speed aswell. magikarps is easy. guy to the left of eterna city who has 6 magikarps. with pokerus and power anklet you get 60 each battle.

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
    Years
  • stick with it i think. EV train the speed aswell. magikarps is easy. guy to the left of eterna city who has 6 magikarps. with pokerus and power anklet you get 60 each battle.

It doesn't have the pokerus anymore.

Would the speed affect my attack EVs?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I'm sorry, I don't know where this goes. If this is the wrong place to post please let me know.

Anyway, I have a Gible level 20 with an Adamant Nature. I'm new to EV training, so bear with me. It was temporarily infected with the Pokerus, and I've been training it with pokemon with nothing but attack EVs, which was a bad idea right? Here are my Gible's stats.

Attack 53
    Defense 23
    Special attack 22
    Special Defense 23
    Speed 23

Attack is high enough, but it's other stats suck. Should I stay with this one or rebreed another one?

If you got any good advice I'd be happy to hear it. :D

Again. I know the MODs are strict with this, but I don't know where this goes.

Honestly, you should probably breed another one. EVs are only part of the system, as IVs (Individual Values) are another part to consider. Looking at the current stats of your Gible, its defensive and Speed IVs are quite poor, so it would most likely be worthwhile to breed another.

...Then again, Garchomp has been banned from general play for some time, so your end result might not matter either way.

Oh, and in case you are not already aware: Individual Values are random numbers between 0 and 31 that are assigned to each Pokemon's stat. The higher the number for each stat, the higher that stat can reach at Level 100. Looking at the stats that you gave, the three Individual Values that I mentioned each came back as being less than 10.

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    No it wont affect it. And you can still gain EVs without pokerus its just faster. i think tht if it has a smily face it still gets EVs doubled but cant spread it

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
    Years
  • Looking at the current stats of your Gible, its defensive and Speed IVs are quite poor, so it would most likely be worthwhile to breed another.

...Then again, Garchomp has been banned from general play for some time, so your end result might not matter either way.

Should I still give it the same nature? I read that Garchomp was considered an uber(whatever that is.) I'd rather not ask why.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Should I still give it the same nature? I read that Garchomp was considered an uber(whatever that is.) I'd rather not ask why.

Adamant is a very good nature for it, yes, but Jolly (+ Speed, - Special Attack) can also work depending on what you want to do with it. You can go either way, really.

"Uber" basically means that Garchomp was tossed together with all of the countless, "overpowered" Legendaries and such that are too powerful for normal Pokemon to fight.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Garchomp = Jolly > Adamant

Try and breed for better IVs and Jolly..

If you really can't get jolly, then adamant is the second best.

BlueLucario

Cool trainer.
    Years
  • Actually, I had a Garchomp level 61 with a Jolly nature. (Which originally had the pokerus.) I didn't think Jolly would be a good nature for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back