• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm sorry

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Inspired by the possibly hysteric lady down the street screaming "I'm sorry."

How hard are those words for you to say? Or how easy (being over-apologetic is a thing)? Tell meeee

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    It's become easier for me to do over time. I feel that if it's going to reconcile things a good bit I will give a genuine apology and move on, but if I don't think it's going to help that much then I won't try to. Over the past few months I feel like I've said things far too out of line for an apology to be anything less than an insult, which doesn't help me in saying it to people. I cannot say it without meaning it.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Y'know, I find it really fucking hard to apologise to my butthurt friends when they take my jokes the wrong way.

Also, I'll only ever apologise (sincerely) if I've actually done something bad to someone close to me.

pkmin3033

I only apologise if I do something that I didn't intend to do; for genuine mistakes.

I don't pretend to be a nice person all the time. I'm amicable, and I try to be friendly and as considerate as possible, but there are going to be times when I disagree with other people and we have an altercation. I don't see why I should apologise for a stance I take, or something I said or did in the heat of the moment - why should I regret it? I never ask people to apologise for such things, nor do I expect them to unprompted. All people are different; if I don't like something someone said to me, or something they did, it's not for me to demand or expect an apology from them. I deal with it and move on; it's in the past, and it's not worth dwelling on...and if it IS, then it's going to take a hell of a lot more than just "I'm sorry" to erase it, isn't it?

If other people can't do the same, I'm not responsible for that, and I'm not going to apologise to them because they can't come to terms with the fact that I am different to them, and that I have different attitudes and values. I see it as incredibly insincere to apologise for words spoken in haste - which are often words of truth as one sees it in my opinion, as they have little time to think about their responses and so say what they are feeling at any given time - or for actions deliberately plotted at the time and later regretted. I refuse to do it. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

As a clarification, it's not difficult for me to admit that I'm wrong because of this. But there is a huge difference between an admission like that and an apology, at least to me.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    whenever I try to apologize to someone in real life it sounds insincere for some reason and I always feel bad about it unless I've done something severely fucked up and I genuinely feel apologetic about it. but most of the time I don't piss people off that badly so I don't really have much to worry about!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    When I'm in the wrong I always apologize. I think it takes a bigger person to apologize when you know you're wrong than to let your pride get in the way.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    It's easy for me to apologize but it comes off sarcastically sometimes. Usually when someone gets offended by my joke or they take something I said the wrong way. Instead of being an asshole and telling them to get over it, I apologize, though not sincerely. More like a simple "Sorry" or "My bad."

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I overapologize. Often, I say "I'm sorry" for things that didn't have anything to do with me. If something went wrong, you can beat your ass I'll apologize about it. About fifty times. It's this neurotic impulse of mine that I attempt to satisfy myself with but it never works. When I apologize, it doesn't feel like the thing that was wrong was fixed, and that hurts. Especially if it was something I was responsible for. An apology isn't enough for me, and I always wish I could make up for it, but often it's out of my hands besides that. So I just keep saying "I'm sorry" over and over again, until the other person reassures me several times that it's okay.

The only time it is difficult to apologize is when I'm angry. But I wait until that fades away, and then I can do it just as easily as before.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I don't apologize for things that often, unless I do something wrong and genuinely feel bad for it then I will apologize. However, I don't find myself in situations like that so it just doesn't happen often. I guess I just don't piss people off much.

Sloan Kettering

Robot Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 17, 2018
    I over-apologize quite a bit, though it's somewhat habitual out of extreme clumsiness. What I have difficulty with (and I have no idea why) is saying thank you. I feel embarrassed and ashamed to accept help and gifts...so I just don't say anything.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    I say it quite a bit like if I bump into someone, step on their foot or accidentally punch them/etc. When I was in NYC I kept saying sorry to the people in the subway because I kept bumping them and they looked at me weird lol.

I do say it a lot too if I'm late in answering someone's texts/messages by a few days. I get really busy when school starts back up and I can take a while to get back to people. I don't ever want them to feel like I hate them or anything, I just can't talk right at this moment so I try to let them know what's going on.

I've never had to really tell anyone sorry irl for doing something wrong to them... I don't really mess with people and stay true to my word. Sometimes I do say some sarcastic jokes and it hurts people's feelings, when I totally didn't mean it that way and I end up saying sorry. If I meant it in a spiteful way though because they get on my nerves I never say sorry. I say sorry when I ask someone for help on homework too... I feel like I'm bothering them.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I don't apologize as often as I should, I'll apologize if I completely know I'm wrong ofc. If I know I'm right about something then I'll back myself up as much as possible.

Years
    I don't really apologize much, mostly cause I don't have any need to. If I do something wrong, and cause a problem or injury or random disturbance, then I apologize right away.

Sometimes I don't apologize when other people think it's necessary, but that's because it's difficult for me to judge when it's appropriate and when it's not. It's extremely easy for me to think something is petty, where others think the universe is ending. A lot of times it is just because people overreact, but there are also times when I am simply immune to the empathy.

Sir Codin

It's actually pretty easy for me so long as I feel like I've done wrong to them or I feel like they deserve an apology.

Years
    They're less difficult (and more proper!) for me to say than "my bad," which is what a lot of people around here say.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    If you're saying it because you're admitting to someone that you were wrong about something or made a mistake, that shouldn't be difficult - unless you don't think you were wrong, in which case the apology is insincere and forfeit

If you're saying it because you're admitting to yourself that you hurt someone, that can be a difficult realization to overcome depending on the situation

I think I'm somewhat quick to apologize. At least for minor things. Instead of saying something trivial like "oops" or "my bad". I've been playfully called out about it before lol "Why are you apologizing?" :p

Years
    When I know I hurt someone or did something wrong, it eats me up until I can't handle it anymore. I feel a strong need to apologize. I hate being on bad terms with anyone; absolutely despise it. Sometimes, I'm too shy to be upfront about it, but in most cases, especially with friends, I make sure I set things right.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Usually I apologize when I noticed something is wrong, or when I'm doing something wrong, because I just don't want them to have some bad feelings.

Back