• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Im Super Frustrated!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • I can't even beat Blue to enter the Battle Tree and I've wasted over $21,000 in 3 battles, not to mention the thousands lost from buying potions. Im kinda ticked that they didnt even heal you before your first battle with him.

The Gyrados sweeps my team every time with Dragon Dance and the perfect coverage of Aqua Tail/Crunch.

Here is my team:

-Decidueye lvl. 65 (My best pokemon, but its super weak to Gyrados)

-Vikavolt lvl. 62 (too slow and Alakazam's reflect cripples it. i need it for the Exeggutor)

-Wishiwashi lvl 61 (its next to useless after it defeats Arcanine)

-Bewear lvl 58 (it has Klutz instead of Fluffy, so its absolute trash)

-Salazzel lvl 60 (can't tank anything for its life)

-Day Form Lycanroc lvl 58 (Honestly it does no damage)

Would it be better to face Red instead? But idk what he uses... the 3 Kanto starters and Pikachu?

Also, is there a way I can earn this money back that I'm losing?

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • For the money aspect, get the third upgrade on the item island in poke pelago. It will give you some sellable things. And also fishing for pearls/strands. You can also find stardust by sharpedo/taurus bolder crushing.

What I had to do to beat blue was level the hell up. My pokes were around the 70s when I battled. Just level up to start with. I had to.SR more than a few times.
    Red has higher level pokes than Blue iirc. I'd stick with Blue.

I couldn't beat him until I was basically level 77-80

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • For the money aspect, get the third upgrade on the item island in poke pelago. It will give you some sellable things. And also fishing for pearls/strands. You can also find stardust by sharpedo/taurus bolder crushing.

I have them looking for shards for bottle caps, but thats probably a good idea. Ive leveled the cave area to level 3. Are the yields consistent for sell-able items?

What I had to do to beat blue was level the hell up. My pokes were around the 70s when I battled. Just level up to start with. I had to.SR more than a few times.
    Red has higher level pokes than Blue iirc. I'd stick with Blue.

I couldn't beat him until I was basically level 77-80

Oh my gosh. 77-80?! Ya I've got a lot of work to do then! Thanks for the help!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Sometimes you get Pearl Strings, more commonly you get a bunch of Hard Stones (keep these though; they do sell for quite a bit the more of them you have), sometimes you get Nuggets and Big Nuggets, and sometimes you get Rare Bones.

The short answer is no. You kinda have to cross your fingers and hope you get something good.

Thanks!

What do Rare Bones sell for?

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • I have them looking for shards for bottle caps, but thats probably a good idea. Ive leveled the cave area to level 3. Are the yields consistent for sell-able items?

Oh my gosh. 77-80?! Ya I've got a lot of work to do then!

I have found that they are. I get some hard stones often but still, profit is profit! I'm pretty sure it depends on RNG. I believe doing the Pyukumuku collecting on Hano Beach gives you 20,000 something if completed.

My problem is that most of their pokemon used a move that took out my strongest pokemon. They use thunder/poison moves that killed my Primarina/Ninetails and poor Salazzle omg. What I eventually did is made wire my pokemon with the highest speed went first and knew enough TM/Taught moves that were Super Effective against the opposing pokemon. I got so frustrated I didn't play for a day.

indidoge

friendly neighbourhood doggo
    Years
  • I think when i faced blue my mons were in the low 60's.. and i had decidueye, lycanroc, zygarde, solgaleo, raichu and arcanine. I remember his Gyarados was particularly difficult since even A-raichu is weak to it's crunch :/ I think i got by by thunder waving it, healing/reviving when needed and then i must have taken it out with a thunderbolt at some point. But yeah that was a difficult battle.. I guess FOR SURE level up your vikavolt so you can outspeed that thing!

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I think I was around the same level as you. Maybe just grind it out; save before you fight them and just go for several rounds. I battled Red, who, though as higher levels, basically has 5 pokemon, as Pikachu is pretty bad and usually goes down in one hit. Also it keeps Volt Switching, which is stupid. Just gotta keep going at it. If you are actually at your wits end, gotta grind: grab the lucky egg and run around in Poni Gauntlet. I don't think you need to go to 77, maybe 65-70 should be fine.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Red will be easier for your team.

Vs Pikachu - Decidueye can beat it for your team
    vs Charizard - Lycanroc Stone Edge
    vs Blastoise - combination of Decidueye and Vikavolt
    vs Snorlax - Bewear
    vs Lapras - Vikavolt
    vs Venusaur - Salazzle

As for earning money back, it's easy. I sometimes power run the E4 with the Amulet coin on my lead. Get around £100,000 each time I defend my title.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I guess it can be considered unethical, but saccing your pokemon off to heal up another one for a certain pokemon is fine favoritismFTW

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Red will be easier for your team.

Vs Pikachu - Decidueye can beat it for your team
    vs Charizard - Lycanroc Stone Edge
    vs Blastoise - combination of Decidueye and Vikavolt
    vs Snorlax - Bewear
    vs Lapras - Vikavolt
    vs Venusaur - Salazzle

As for earning money back, it's easy. I sometimes power run the E4 with the Amulet coin on my lead. Get around £100,000 each time I defend my title.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I guess it can be considered unethical, but saccing your pokemon off to heal up another one for a certain pokemon is fine favoritismFTW

What levels are Red's pokemon approximately? Someone said they are higher levels than Blue's pokemon.

And does the E4 have higher level pokemon than previously?

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • What levels are Red's pokemon approximately? Someone said they are higher levels than Blue's pokemon.

And does the E4 have higher level pokemon than previously?

Same as Blue, sans a level 70 Pikachu w/ Light Ball. But your team matches up better against him.

E4 are bumped to low-mid 60's.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Same as Blue, sans a level 70 Pikachu w/ Light Ball. But your team matches up better against him.

E4 are bumped to low-mid 60's.

Thats not bad then. Ill grind up then, but ill probably face Blue because I'm more familiar with the order he sends his pokemon out and his movesets. But if I can't beat him after a battle or so after grinding, ill switch to Red. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    is the Battle Tree an end game thing? I have come across the term a few times now on different sites. Im not playing S/M yet but it has me curious. Also wondering if the poke transporter/bank is now working with S/M.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    is the Battle Tree an end game thing? I have come across the term a few times now on different sites. Im not playing S/M yet but it has me curious. Also wondering if the poke transporter/bank is now working with S/M.

The Battle Tree is the battle facility for Pokemon S/M. Similar to Battle Frontier, Subway and Maison. You get to it at the end of the game, so you won't need to worry about it for a while.

Pokebank will be updated this month, but it has not been announced what day. Just gotta be patient.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    The Battle Tree is the battle facility for Pokemon S/M. Similar to Battle Frontier, Subway and Maison. You get to it at the end of the game, so you won't need to worry about it for a while.

Pokebank will be updated this month, but it has not been announced what day. Just gotta be patient.

ok thanks for the clarification, I have Y to play through before I hit up Sun or Moon. So yeah I have some time to go before I get there :)

Years
  • Grind your team a bit. It should be about lv 60-63. Then you just have to play with tactic. Alakazam can be taken down by Decidueye and eventually with help from another team member. You should keep your Vikavolt safe until he is using his Gyarados. Then you can one-hit it.
    Washiwashi can take down arcanine and/or Aerodactyl. Exeggurtor is not that hard. Vikavolt if gyrarados is down or Salazzle (exeggutor is really slow, so another team membr of lycancroc can finish it).
    Machamp is a bigger threat. But it has only a fighting, dark and poison move. So Salazzle and Vikavolt won't be hit super effective. Also Washiwashi can help, because it is really tanky. Also, Bewear is not useless. It's still really bulky, although it has no fluffy. Also, due to the fact that it has no fluffy, you can also use him for arcanine. And Day Lycancroc is really fast, so it outspeed some of his mons and finish it, if the planned pokemon couldn't take it down. That's how I would do things. Eventually it will help you a bit xD

Back