• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I'm Teaching This Because I Learned It!"

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
  • God, I should stop with these titles.

Anyway, has there been something you learnt that is obviously wrong, yet they teach anyway at school?

One of the the things I "learned" in PE is that BMI is supposed to indicate if you're healthy or not. I call BS.

Another thing: Thomas Edison. I don't care about how open I am about this, but I absolutely despise my school for thinking Thomas Edison was a hero. In actuality, he's a freaking thief. That's right: all those 1,000+ patents mean nothing.

...I aplogize. Anyway, back to the question.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    "Columbus discovered America"

Vikings got to North America ~400 years before him, and the people who became the Native Americans ~10,000-30,000 years before them.

Columbus Day is just an excuse to have a dat off....not that I or anyone will say no to a free day off

Years
  • My personal favourites are all those spelling "rules" that only actually apply to like half of the words in the English language.

As a side note, the fact there are still people today who think Edison had anything on Tesla saddens me.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    *stares at every non-college history class in America*

*looks back at this thread*

Yeah that.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • God, I should stop with these titles.

Anyway, has there been something you learnt that is obviously wrong, yet they teach anyway at school?

One of the the things I "learned" in PE is that BMI is supposed to indicate if you're healthy or not. I call BS.

Another thing: Thomas Edison. I don't care about how open I am about this, but I absolutely despise my school for thinking Thomas Edison was a hero. In actuality, he's a freaking thief. That's right: all those 1,000+ patents mean nothing.

...I aplogize. Anyway, back to the question.

Like when I was in high school, they were teach us Biology and Alchemy while our major was Economic Sciences, wth??

Lucid

Sex Ed was so glossed over and cherry picked on with its information that I think it caused more confusion then anything.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It's easier to start with 'everything' and pick out the things that are right; little is quite as intellectually constraining as the compulsory education system.

Well, my pick is the idea that everyone is special and unique and capable of greatness, and should be treated equally.

Reactions: Nah

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Sex ed in Texas more or less amounted to "Don't have sex before marriage or you'll get STDs." Good job, Texas.

Back