• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm totally wired.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • So, what's your take on coffee/energy drinks? Do you drink them? How often do you have them during the day? Are you an addict when it comes to them?

I'm just curious because I know there are some who are addicted and others who frown upon stuff like this too.

As for me, I very seldom drink coffee or energy drinks. I do like them, and I do enjoy that wired feeling they give me too. However, I don't make enough of a habit for myself to get addicted to them.

pkmin3033

I don't drink either; coffee does VERY strange things to me. Plus I have to have six or so spoons of sugar in it to be able to stomach it. I haven't really explored with other types of coffee beyond what we have in the house, as I don't drink it, so I feel no need to experiment. xD

As for energy drinks...well, I don't mind Lucozade Sport, although I don't really drink those either, as I don't need to and I don't much care for the taste; I'm quite happy with water and the occasional glass of milk. A lot of energy drinks are fizzy as well, and I loathe fizzy drinks.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I don't drink coffee, or energy drinks, or soft drinks. I do drink tea though. So, I guess I get some caffeine through there

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Energy drinks make me feel horrible to be honest and I just never really liked coffee.
    Like if I ever did have any it would be once every few months to even once a year - not really that often.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I don't drink "coffee" but I drink a lot of Moka, Capuccino, Latte, ... but I only drink regular coffee when I have to (a.k.a exam week) and I choose the Caramelo at Second cup and I drink it black.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I used to drink energy drinks more in Colorado because a lot of the population was composed of young metalhead liberal types who drank that shit like water. It tastes good but it makes me so sleepy.

I only really have soft drinks at outings, so I don't really have it unless I'm visiting elsewhere or are at a restaurant or something.

I refuse coffee completely as I don't want it to come to replace good sleep. Iced coffee and other fruity shit is along with energy drinks for me, though.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • No roasted bean is safe from my unending hunger. . . besides the blondes. They're safe, because their flavour is so weak that even calling it coffee is negligible; but I won't completely write them off as I have come across a few blends that can stand on their own. As a consumer of the coffee, I look down atop my mountain of beans at those that defile their holy drink with things like cream and sugar. They don't love coffee, they love cream and sugar. Drink coffee black or not at all is my motto. There should even be an award for how much coffee I drink. On average, I'm a two pot kind of guy.

Some people believe that drinking that much coffee can cause problems. Me? I believe I'll have another cup of coffee.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I used to drink Red Bull in hope that my thought process would get a little better, but a bit too much gave me the shakes. So, I haven't had a Red Bull in a very long while.

Years
  • I never drink energy drinks. I barely drink coffee either. The only circumstance in which I drink coffee is if I have to stay up til 2 am to watch Liverpool play or another sports event. I don't drink it for pleasure or any of that.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Milk tea. It's amazing.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Oh god I love caffeine. I can't drink any coffee after 6 because it will keep me up all night until then next morning then I have to write a paper and I'm wired and I stay up all night the next night then I drink another coffee then the cycle repeats. That's why I don't drink coffee any more, I will stick to my tea and milk thank you very much.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I am so messed up on a shoddy sleep schedule and too much caffeine atm I think I need a hamster wheel.

I have that really jittery hyperactive thing going on right now but I'd probably knock out immediately if I was horizontal. And this is after three glasses of Mountain Dew like oh my god I can not handle caffeine.

Like the last time I had an energy drink was when I drank a Monster last summer and I got so wired on that my co-worker had to take over the closing part of my shift because I couldn't focus at all so... yeah, caffeine is really no bueno for me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I love coffee, I have a cup almost everyday. Depending on my mood either with cream and two teaspoons sugar or just with some cream. As for energy drinks I don't care for them plus I've heard too many bad things to get into them. I've stopped drinking regular or diet soda completely for a few months now also. I've treated myself once so far to a pepsi so I'm happy about that!

The only time I feel a little wired is when I get something stronger like a latte. I made the mistake of drinking one late one night and I was laying in my bed for hours.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I drink decaff coffee from time to time. I don't like energy drinks at all.. and I'll occassionally have a cup of non decaff coffee as a treat. I like the taste of coffee but I get affected by caffeine quite a lot so I keep having it to a minimum. Once every couple/few weeks?

Energy drinks almost never. Last time I had one was probably 2 years ago when having a jager-bomb shot and I didnt even drink all of it.

With pop/cola/lemonade, I will have a small can or a sip of my boyfriend's drink once every few months.

Years
  • I really love the taste of stupid flavoured coffees. -__-
    Buuuut, sadly I try to stay away from caffeine and/or heavily limit my consumption due to a bad experience I had a little over a year ago where I passed out when I had too much of the stuff and simultaneously experienced a lot of anxiety.
    My body is very sensitive to caffeine. It makes me sweat like crazy, kicks my heart rate up super duper fast. I can handle a little, but I do have to be careful.
    For my own sanity, I just try to avoid it mostly. Occasionally I'll have caffeinated soda. And if I'm on a full stomach, I can sip an energy drink or have a flavored coffee. But never more than one and I can't ever just drink an energy drink in less than 15 minutes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    I can't stand coffee - the smell, the taste...awful stuff. I've got nothing against energy drinks, but I don't particularly care for them. If I'm not going to be awake in excess of 24 hours (and I hardly ever do that anyway) I don't drink them.
    I drink tea (far too much) - although I don't suppose that counts. I'm pretty convinced that not drinking tea could be seen as a form of treason, though - so I guess that's kind of a 'default.'

Back