• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm Uber [NU]

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
  • Introduction

I made this team out of pure boredom and I was completely baffled at how well it was performing in UU. I'm not completely sure what my record is, but it's better than I expected for sure. But now, I want some help to make this team amazing by only using NU pokemon. I went for a semi-stall/bulky offense type team...which I guess it kind of did pretty well save one pokemon. I want to make it amazing though, so I've come here. Plus I haven't made a RMT in a long time.

Click the sprites to jump the pokemon set that it corresponds with. ;D

Overview

[alink id="Venomoth"]
    I'm Uber [NU]
    [/alink id][alink id="Banette"]
    I'm Uber [NU]
    [/alink id][alink id="Granbull"]
    I'm Uber [NU]
    [/alink id][alink id="Whiscash"]
    I'm Uber [NU]
    [/alink id][alink id="Magcargo"]
    I'm Uber [NU]
    [/alink id][alink id="Manectric"]
    I'm Uber [NU]
    [/alink id]

Look Closer

Venomoth

[a id]Venomoth[/a id]
    I'm Uber [NU]

Venomoth@Focus Sash
    Timid / Tinted Lens
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Toxic Spikes
    ~ Bug Buzz
    ~ Hidden Power Ground

Leads the team and provides T-Spikes and Sleep support. It's really difficult to use him against an Ambipom lead though (even though this team is NU, I face UU). Fake out can really nail this guy pretty hard and the being outsped and hit again isn't any fun. But otherwise, Venomoth is a very reliable lead and usually gets at least two layers of T-Spikes down.

Banette

[a id]Banette[/a id]
    I'm Uber [NU]

Banette@Choice Scarf
    Timid / Frisk
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Trick
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Hidden Power Fighting

Trick the Scarf onto a pokemon and swap it for an item that you want (since Frisk allows you to see what you'll be getting). Calm Mind during the switch and attempt a sweep with unresisted Ghost/Fighting combo. Blocks spinning if needed too.

Granbull

[a id]Granbull[/a id]
    I'm Uber [NU]

Granbull@Leftovers
    Adamant / Intimidate
    EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 24 SpD / 6 Spe
    ~ Bulk Up
    ~ Body Slam
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Earthquake

Granbull is nice to have with usable defense and health along with access to Bulk Up and Intimidate. It creates a pretty bulky little sweeper who can deal some great damage with STABed Body Slam. He's very fun to use also. :3

Whiscash

[a id]Whiscash[/a id]
    I'm Uber [NU]

Whiscash@Leftovers
    Adamant / Anticipation
    EVs: 220 HP / 108 Atk / 180 Def
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Stone Edge

Bulky and having a weakness to grass alone makes him a great candidate for the team. Using DD to power up, he can hit quite a few pokemon for SE damage with his range of moves as well as scare off pokemon such as Altaria.

Magcargo

[a id]Magcargo[/a id]
    I'm Uber [NU]

Magcargo@Leftovers
    Bold / Flame Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
    ~ Lava Plume
    ~ Yawn
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Recover

Magcargo is to usable. I find him to be the second most useful member of my team (Manectric being the first). Being able to force switches with Yawn, as well as set up some added entry hazard support with SR, he's pretty fierce if the opponent has no access to a ground/water type move. Recover can make his life last longer and Lava Plume might be nice to get that added burn effect if T-Spikes manage to get absorbed.

Manectric

[a id]Manectric[/a id]
    I'm Uber [NU]

Manectric@Life Orb
    Hasty / Static
    EVs: 84 Atk / 208 SpA / 216 Spe (IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA)
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Hidden Power Grass
    ~ Crunch

The star of the team. A MixManectric is really good to have. Being able to hit pokemon on both spectrums makes him a pretty scary little sweeper. Not so bulky, but he's able to dish out a great amount of damage to just about anything (OHKO'ing Rhyperior with Hidden Power which is nice to have since it's UU now. :3).

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Um, stuff like Armaldo, Exeggutor, ect, basically anything that can live Manectric and hit hard fast will hurt this team badly. So just to let you know, you might want to fix that. ;)

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • @Zaradon

What exactly does Ice Punch accomplish on Granbull though, especially Bulk Up Granbull? Removing its main STAB means that the Uber Kakuna can wall it, so consider that...also, Body Slam is 100% accurate. What move are you thinking of O_o;

@team

Anyway, I'm not too big on NU, so pardon my lack of knowledge. Overall, pretty solid. I do love the Whiscash, seeing that it's been one of my fave Pokemon for some reason...nice to see the DD buff he got.

Lack of a water resist may be problematic should a Specs Slowking hit the table against you, seeing that you have nobody that can really eat a tough special attack. Surely enough, you do have 3 ways to keep it in check, and it doesn't get a lot of chances to enter. I don't know how common SpecsKing is, but I'm just saying that if my common knowledge is right, then it will cause some issues if it gets in.

Anyway, I best not give any false info, seeing that NU isn't my metagame.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Give Granbull Ice punch>Body slam. I'd say it's worth the lost of STAB to get a Ice-Typre move + Body slam has like 85 Accuracy.

Gl with the team ^^

...lol

Also you might want to give the Whiscash speed evs, no speed evs is kinda dumb and it only reaches just above the 200 speed mark with your current spread, which is pathetic.

I can finally say this, you have a massive Cacturne weakness. You have a huge Sub + SD Cacturne weak. Other grass also types destroy you because of Magcargo sucking, even in NU and not resisting grass which makes it easy for things like Leafeon to sweep you.

Oh and Toxic Spikes are useless in NU, Skuntank is (or was) #1 on usage, its like the Scizor of NU and easily absorbs and lols at them.

Id try something like Golbat over Venomoth. This also gives you an EQ immunity, something which you lack.

Golbat@Leftovers
    136 HP / 120 ATT / 42 DEF / 216 Speed
    Jolly Nature
    - Taunt
    - Roost
    - Brave Bird
    - U-Turn

216 Speed beats 216 speed Gligar and the attack OHKO's Pinsir.

And lastly speaking of Skuntank, no psycic/ghost resist makes it easy for things like Sub Haunter, Xatu etc come in and lol at you and force you to sacrifice something.

You also have no priority, this is really silly in NU as the metagame revolves around it pretty much as its HEAVILY offensive. This keeps sweepers in check.

Skuntank@Life Orb
    252 ATT / 224 SPEED / 34 SP.ATT or HP
    Lonely / Adamant Nature
    Trait : Aftermath
    - Poison Jab
    - Sucker Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Fire Blast / Explosion

Last slot is up to you, Fire Blast dents physical walls quite badly doing around 42% to things like Sandslash while Explosion is Explosion. This over Granbull imo.

Haunter is better at that set in general than Banette.

Id also try something else >> Magcargo, as said he sucks even in NU. ~_~ Even Probopass is better if you want something that fits the description of "wall" lol

Last edited:

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Maybe I should have said UU instead of NU...but I didn't know what to put considering it consists of only NU and that's all I want. (Since there's no such thing as an NU ladder on most servers)

@Ooka: I think by taking in DA's suggestions, I can fix that problem. ;D
    @ABYAY: I do realize this, however I haven't had any problems with such a threat as of yet. xD So I'll keep with DA's suggestions until it becomes a major problem.

@DA: So having Golbat > Venomoth will allow for the same job, but done better? If so, then I'll change it. ^^ Skuntank will be put in, even if I love Granbull. :3

And as for Magcargo getting replaced, I'm not so sure I'm going to until I feel it's completely necessary. :/ If I take out the common threats, then he can come in and wall pretty well honestly. Maybe things will change however and I'll put Probopass or something else in instead.

Haunter will go in over Banette as well. Would it have the same exact set or what?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Haunter will have the Exact set Banette have , but it will have Levitate instead of Frisk ,and no Calm Mind but Haunter got Explosion that is Capable of OHKOing stuffs =p .

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Haunter@Choice Scarf
    252 SP.ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 DEF
    Modest / Timid Nature
    - Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Trick

Is the standard Haunter.

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Tauros is a HUGE problem for your team. Packing in a STAB Return, it can basicly ko any thing on your team. It can come in on Banette's Shadow Ball and Pursuit it to death, while Tauros outspeeds Manetric and can KO with Earthquake. Even after a DD, your Whiscash will not outspeed A Jolly Tauros. Ever. You can try out something such as Curse Cradily on here to beat Tauros.

25.81% 27.69% 30.38%

Is a Jolly Tauros' Earthquake with LO on 252 hp 252 def Cradily. That means that you can curse up and Tank another hit easily. I'd put Cradily> Magcargo because the only feature that really sets Magcargo from Cradily is Yawn, which isn't that effective when you have Toxic Spikes support.

Back