• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Immersion vs bodily needs

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Ever needed to use the bathroom but you were so focused on your assignment, project, or hobby that you kinda just want the feeling to go away? 'Cause you really don't want to waste a single second of time and you're too focused on completing the task at hand?

Last edited:

pkmin3033

At times like these, it's time to make a judgement call - hold it until you're finished, or go and get it out of the way as quickly as possible so you can get back to what you're doing?

I try and reach a convenient point to pause so I can answer the call of Mother Nature. If you gotta go, you gotta go, but it's my body and I'll go when it's convenient for me...if I can, anyway. It's difficult to go into detail without going into too much detail. xD

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    Most of the time I do get irked at having to get up off my arse and break the flow if I'm particularly focused, but I stop and get up anyway because a nagging jerk of a bladder is distracting. If it's Skyrim or something then yeah I will totally forget I am a corporeal being with bodily functions for longer than I would otherwise.

Years
  • Most of the time I do get irked at having to get up off my arse and break the flow if I'm particularly focused, but I stop and get up anyway because a nagging jerk of a bladder is distracting. If it's Skyrim or something then yeah I will totally forget I am a corporeal being with bodily functions for longer than I would otherwise.

Ah, Skyrim. One of the best games for sitting at my computer for an entire day and forgetting to eat and go to the bathroom.

Yes, this happens to me all the time. I have ADHD, so when I can hyperfocus on something, other needs become an extreme annoyance and/or I ignore them altogether.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I've done this so many times whenever I get into something I'm working on. I remember working on a video from 10 am to 9 pm without even realizing that I just wasted my entire day.

Years
  • Probably too much. >___> But if I absolutely have to go, I do it.

I seriously think I go to the bathroom less often at home than at work because I'm easily distracted by the computer/video games here.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Your question is worded very awkwardly. I know you're trying to ask if we've ever just pushed away the feeling to use the restroom in order to complete whatever we're doing but again it sounded odd. Anyway, I have and I've suppressed the feeling plenty of times so I could just relieve myself afterwards. It's even better after waiting anyway.

Sometimes I wish my chair was also a toilet. Damn bodily needs.
    Immersion vs bodily needs

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Your question is worded very awkwardly. I know you're trying to ask if we've ever just pushed away the feeling to use the restroom in order to complete whatever we're doing but again it sounded odd.

Everyone else understood without any complaints. O.o
    Oh well.

It does feel very relieving if held for a long time.

Years
  • I do this. I can spend an entire day in my room without having to eat, bath or use the toilet. A few times I've remained awake for longer than 24 hours just watching movies/tv shows and/or playing video games.

Sort of related, I also put off eating and going to the toilet when I'm anywhere but home. Like at uni for example I could be there 8am - 8pm but I'll still wait until I get home to pee.

Back