• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Immortality

Immortality?

• Total voters

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    No no no no no.

All your friends and family would grow old and you'd have less in common, especially if you were perpetually stuck as a teenager or something. Eventually they'd die. You'd make new ones and--same thing. They grow old, they die. You'd have to watch loved ones outgrow you and pass on over and over. It'd all blur together and you'd probably stop being outgoing at all and just live a lonely eternity. Doesn't sound appealing at all.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    Yes... But of course, I would meet the stranger first. Besides, Immortality is rarely granted in one's lifetime. :)

-- What could you expect? It could be your God/High Authoriy... --

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I would not want immortality if I was given the opportunity to have it. Immortality is such a final word. It's like, once you're immortal, there's no real dying. It's live forever and ever. See the people around you that you love die and see corruption in the world, knowing that there's nothing you can do but watch. Even though I'd have knowledge to help the human race further itself, I'm too selfish at this point in my life to accept having to give up my friends and family for it. I wonder if I will one day turn my ways, but for now my answer is a solid no. ^^

Pink Twilight

Moon and Sun combine!!!
    Years
    All living creatures are meant to die so i wouldnt want to be the only one left all alone when the world ends (Like apparently 2012). besides, why would u wanna skip death? it would mean that you would have to move to different places everyonce in awhile or not be shown in public, and you would have to live in this trashy earth we call home. You couldnt even get married either =(

There are good sides too. I would do stunts and jump off bridges and skyscrapers. i would do anything that i wanted to and shoot myself just to see what it feels like. then i would try and win the lottery and go to las vegas and get rich. and then i would ride in a tornado, wee! then i would try and save the earth for everyone that lives here, considering there r people out there that liter and treat it like their personal trash can or free supplies here to take like wood.

SO personally, i would choose not to be immortal. i would like to respect and accept death as it is needed for the circle of life =)

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    I would do it, but not out of fear of death. More like job security. I could be an extreme sports person and since i would forever stay in my prime i would have a place in sports forever.

or i could become the immortal emperor of earth:D

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Provided that immortality here means that any attempt to kill me physically would be useless, then I'd say yes to immortality - but only when I'm sure that heaven and hell doesn't exist, and only with some conditions.

First condition - I'd like to be physically staying at the age of 24 forever.

Second condition - I'd like my loved ones to have the same kind of immortality, with them staying at the age of 24 forever too.

If even one of the two conditions are not fulfilled, then I'd say no.
    And also if it was proven that heaven and hell exists, then I'd say no too - since heaven is way better than this place.

And, seriously, what's up with all the threads relating to death all of a sudden? xD

Yeah, seriously... I was wondering that too...
    Maybe people are just... getting too hopeless these days?

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Immortality? No thanks... but i did voted yes... what the heck??
    You know what they say, death is eternal peace soo hello death!

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    No. What happens when you're the last human being in existence? What happens when the universe is completely void of life and energy, and is just a dark void? Then you still have an eternity of nothing. So no. Dying eventually is good.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    No. I'd have to say no. Why fight nature? Either wither and die naturally or get called a freak and live eternity being ridiculed... i'd chose death over that.

Another reason is the fact that nothing lasts forever. Why hang on if nothing you love is left?

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Though I dislike the thought of death, the most I could ask for is to live a full, long, healthy, happy life =P I mean, generations would pass before you, if you didn't stay the same age forever, you'd become a wrinkled old mole, you would see generation after generation of friends die. Though I think about the subject a lot, the negatives probably outweigh the positives. Immortality doesn't necessarily equal happiness...except to people like Lord Voldemort...and he was never immortal anyway, so who knows?

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I wouldn't. Immortality may be fun for a while, but I'm not too sure I would wanna live forever.

TeirusuFX

-ω-
    Years
    No, being immortal means living with boredom for the rest of life.

I can't work forever! :O

And it'll be painful when I'm all alone and everyone else I know dies. T^T

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Yes I would as long as there is one way to die. Like, a shot in the brain stem. I want to know what will be the future of human civilization. But when the universe ends..oh no, somehow my brain stem was severed. o:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Like Klippy said, if we had the choice to stay at one age forever than it would be very enticing, but I would still decline. The whole point of death is that you make the best of life, so if you live forever then those special moments in your life eventually lose their meaningfulness.

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    If by immortal, you mean I stay looking exactly as I do now (cease to age) then definately! Unlike most of you saps (no 'ffence XD), the whole 'watching loved ones/friends die' thing wouldn't really be an issue for me, at least not one big enough to stop me from becoming immortal. However it'd sure suck being left in 'nothingness' once the Earth's gone (providing we haven't moved somewhere else), so being able to 'forfeit' the immortality at any time would be nice.

The Rookie

Hacker/Writer/<Insert Here>
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2009
    Yes I would be immortal. If my loved ones died, I would move on. Yes, pretty blunt I know. Cold? Yes. Evil? No. I have just suffered some intolerable torture and I have learned that things come and go. Oh, and I wouldn't want to age, I would want to stop in my prime like Wolverine or someone.

Back