• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Improvement Thread

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • guys guys show us how far youve come!! pick a few pieces to compare between and see how far you've come! doesnt matter if the pieces arent too similar or it's been a week or month or year or five just take a look back and see the improvement!

(i'll put mine up later i have a specific thing in mind i dont have access to rn haha)

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • So I've come a very long way, through ups and downs and I still have a very long way to go, but the road ahead has more drops and very steep climbs as far as I can see. My effects usage, depth, flow lighting etc have all greatly improved since I started, and I can show you this. I'll show you some old pieces first, and then you can see how I've improved through some newer stuff.

Old stuff:
    Spoiler:

Right, and now I'll show you some newer stuff:
    Spoiler:

I think it's quite clear how I've improved really, and how I'm still improving and always will be improving because perfection doesn't exist SAY WHAAAAT? {D:}

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • aiden yes your compisition is way better now wow :o

i've just got like... ten days difference between these but it's ten days of constant work haha
    Spoiler:

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
  • In think its bin about a few years when i 1st started using Photoshop. About 3 years back if i'm not mistaken. I was quite desperate to get my hands on the program and asked around if any 1 I knew had it. CS3 was my 1st program to get into the Art business. I don't really wanna tell my story but worked my way around the program, and the functions of course, and ended as a satisfied being.
    Looking back at it, I remember the struggles of making something out of the program, but now I know, even the simplest of cropping can give you quite the exquisite signature.
    My work can definitely cud use improvement but I usually take it easy now and then~ No rush what so ever on polishing the art of Photoshop~

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
  • Err I don't know if I improved at all, but I'll give this a shot ;~;
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I guess it had some consistency through the years but more or less stagnant...huh.

Last edited:

Circuit

Years
  • 2016 o_O Not quite sure how you've done stuff for next year, but ok then! Haha

So I decided to create a new banner for myself. I think it's eh. But, I reckon using new techniques and learning my way more around photoshop is an improvement right?
    I also messed around with an idea for a border I had. I dunno what it is, but it kinda works, so it stays.
    Spoiler:

This was my previous sig, using the same kind of techniques. I am pretty sure my new one is an improvement.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Okay, for the record, some of this stuff you guys posted is painfully good; no matter how many years are in between.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Tried to find the same picture for a better reference point. Gotta say, I don't think my art skills have improved, but my editing skills have to some degree. I'm not crazy about this revamp, but I improved in the places I wanted to, I think. :)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • No one needs to put themselves through the pain of looking at these:

GRAPHICS
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DIGITAL ART
    2010 (?)
    Spoiler:

END OF 2014
    Spoiler:

I barely do any stuff outside school stuff ;-;

Circuit

Years
    Spoiler:

:O Zappy, that's so good! You should do more! You also have to show me how you get them squiggly glowing effects and such. Or just give me a tut for that piece. Its so damn nice!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • :O Zappy, that's so good! You should do more! You also have to show me how you get them squiggly glowing effects and such. Or just give me a tut for that piece. Its so damn nice!

Maybe I might xD

My current laptop is currently being repaired atm unfortunately, but if I happen to find the tutorial for the piece I'll shoot you a message.

SiriusAlpha

One and only
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Here's my first attempt and my latest one. They're not that good but I can tell I'm improving.

Spoiler:

Circuit

Years
  • Here's my first attempt and my latest one. They're not that good but I can tell I'm improving.

Spoiler:

Dude, you're definitely improving! Look how much smoother they are, and the anatomy of your drawings has improved too! Keep at it, and maybe show us more of your drawings!

SiriusAlpha

One and only
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015

Circuit

Years
  • Thanks! My friends all say I'm improving too. Here are some more samples from a little bit earlier than the latest one. I do OC requests and two of the ones I just uploaded are OC requests.

You should make a gallery of these, where you can log how you're improving, and we can give you tips and advice. Some C&C always goes a long way to improving :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    I wanna share mine, I haven't got much touch in art especially in graphics lately but this is my improvement so far

I don't really draw often especially portraits but this is so far what I got
    Around 2010 or 2011 I can't remember
    Spoiler:

Recent work
    Spoiler:

Signatures
    Spoiler:

Recent works
    Spoiler:

Back