• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Improvements you would like to see from X&Y?

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    I'd really love to see a much bigger post-game. I love battling all the gyms and the E4 as much as everyone, but the post-game is when I really enjoy the game. Besides, that, I'd like to see:
    - More legendary Pokemon available;
    - More ordinary Pokemon available;
    - More rivals, or at least more battles with the one rival you have.

Yeah, that's basically it, I think.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In X and Y, we've had Experience Share to send battling exp. equally to all our party members, which, I believe, was great, as it had made things much more easy in general; it allowed me to keep all my members at a balanced level without much effort. However, some people did not like it, and had to disable it completely when they didn't want the item to take effect. In ORAS, I feel it'd be pretty cool if they were able to allow us to enable Exp. Share only on certain Pokémon, instead of fully disabling. It'd be a lot more nifty, if you ask me!

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • I really hope they keep the original RSE mechanics of the Elite Four, I hated the Elite Four in Gen 5 & 6, don't know if anything's been confirmed

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I really hope they keep the original RSE mechanics of the Elite Four, I hated the Elite Four in Gen 5 & 6, don't know if anything's been confirmed
    From what I've heard it's like the original (according to those who saw the Demo data).

I hope that there is more post game than XY. Considering that FrLg had more post game than the original RS chances look good.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2014
    The main thing I want changed from X/Y is the elite four format. Getting to choose the order you battle in just feels so underwhelming.
    And other obvious things would be great but are unlikely such as, multiple save files (never going to happen), and an expanded post game like HG/SS.

Years
  • Not so much an improvement, but I hope that the Exp. Share isn't a Key Item anymore. The Pokemon games were never overly difficult, but the Exp. Share just made X & Y childishly easy. There is no reason as to why I should steamroll the gyms and the boss of Team Flare that easily. The Exp. Share takes what little difficulty that the series had (which is what made the game fun) and shattered it. Sure you can turn it off and not use it, but I'd rather sell it.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • In X and Y, we've had Experience Share to send battling exp. equally to all our party members, which, I believe, was great, as it had made things much more easy in general; it allowed me to keep all my members at a balanced level without much effort. However, some people did not like it, and had to disable it completely when they didn't want the item to take effect. In ORAS, I feel it'd be pretty cool if they were able to allow us to enable Exp. Share only on certain Pokémon, instead of fully disabling. It'd be a lot more nifty, if you ask me!

With the way the Exp. Share currently works, allowing it to work only on a few Pokémon would be an unnecessary nerf to the item. Although what it effectively does now is basically allow ALL Pokémon who weren't partakers in the battle to earn half the full experience, which is counter-intuitive since it creates experience out of thin air. The item as it worked in gens 2 to 5 was a "true" Exp. Share because it was a held item that absorbed full experience and it was shared equally between the leading Pokémon and the Pokémon who held the item.

Even the Exp. All from 1st gen worked differently. Exp. All shared all experience equally between all party members.

BTW I'm really sad that, for the sake of accurately remaking the games, GF is returning to dated mechanics like separate PokéMarts and fixed E4 order. I really liked the new E4 format because it means there's no hierarchy between the E4 members and you make your own journey. Usually you'll save the most difficult one for last, which is the same we all did prior to 5th gen. If I was in charge of developing the game I'd even replace the Lilycove Dept. Store with something different, since shop upgrades through badges kinda made the old dept. stores obsolete, as well as making everything more convenient since now you don't need to go to the dept. store to buy uber healing items. The Dept. Store in Unova was underwhelming because of this, and they rightly removed it from X and Y.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    1.Tons of PostGame content.
    2.Decrease in linearity of the game
    3.More Pokemon accessible in PostGame
    4.Money Grinder
    5.Difficulty settings for new Pokemon players and veterans
    6.Seasonal Mechanics (BW2)
    7.Return of Join Avenue
    8.Able to chose when to use Roller Skates

Years
  • The main thing I want changed from X/Y is the elite four format. Getting to choose the order you battle in just feels so underwhelming.
    And other obvious things would be great but are unlikely such as, multiple save files (never going to happen), and an expanded post game like HG/SS.

It was already confirmed the Elite Four will be in a fixed order, just like the original Hoenn games: Sidney > Phoebe > Glacia > Drake > Champion Steven

Expanded postgame I am seeing likely because there wasn't much in the original Ruby & Sapphire, but the question is will they be able to offer as much postgame as Black 2 & White 2, which had the largest postgame content of all the main series games so far.

Not so much an improvement, but I hope that the Exp. Share isn't a Key Item anymore. The Pokemon games were never overly difficult, but the Exp. Share just made X & Y childishly easy. There is no reason as to why I should steamroll the gyms and the boss of Team Flare that easily. The Exp. Share takes what little difficulty that the series had (which is what made the game fun) and shattered it. Sure you can turn it off and not use it, but I'd rather sell it.

I hate to tell you this but they are retaining the Exp. Share mechanics that X & Y had. Apparently there was a backing on why this mechanic happened, it was to help people who were busier and had less time to play Pokemon so they make the grinding significantly easier.

If you want a challenge, just limit how often you want to use it.

Years
  • I hate to tell you this but they are retaining the Exp. Share mechanics that X & Y had. Apparently there was a backing on why this mechanic happened, it was to help people who were busier and had less time to play Pokemon so they make the grinding significantly easier.

If you want a challenge, just limit how often you want to use it.

Thats a disappointment, however I guess I will just keep it off for the entirety of the game. I do want to have some kind of challenge for the game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Exp share make the EV training way easier too since the EV transfert to the other pokemons too.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Well the thing is it already transfert the EV and is a way faster method than super training for it. Just equip the pokemon with a Power item and fight an horde with a pokemon that has a move that hit the whole horde, and it's even faster with Pokerus.

Anyway it's more for post-game competitive training than anything during the main story. Most of the time you don't use competitive pokemons for doing the story.

Years
  • I'm honestly pretty content with what we've seen that will be in the game as far as we've been shown. Can't really think of any improvements that haven't already been mentioned...

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    I would like an In-Game trading system that you can use to evolve pokemon that need to be trade to evolve without the need of searching for other people to help.

Like in the anime Nurse Joy will help you evolve your pokemon, & the PSS passerby trade requests are annoying so I think that should be restricted to people who are on your friends list, but you can still use GTS & Wonder Trade & also better filtering in the GTS to stop offensive nicknames and people asking for Meloetta & Arceus.

I learned my lesson to never ask a passerby member to help you evolve your pokemon but I was new to it then and didn't know what it actually about. :-)

I hope my stolen Aromatisse will return to me one day, but it probably not going to :-(

but maybe one day I will have a lucky day and she be wonder traded back to me :-D

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2014
    I would like an In-Game trading system that you can use to evolve pokemon that need to be trade to evolve without the need of searching for other people to help.
    Like in the anime Nurse Joy will help you evolve your pokemon,
    I learned my lesson to never ask a passerby member to help you evolve your pokemon but I was new to it then and didn't know what it actually about. :-)
    I hope my stolen Aromatisse will return to me one day, but it probably not going to :-(
    but maybe one day I will have a lucky day and she be wonder traded back to me :-D

The in-game trading would be an awesome feature, seeing as it would help me with breeding a new Kingdra. Unfortunate GF has an obsession with people getting together with the games for obvious reasons.
    A great thing about these forums is that there are plenty of trustworthy people here who would absolutely help you out! If you ever need that Aromatisse I'm sure we could help each other out with trading in ORAS!

UnchainedGoku

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I was gonna say Better Post Game and Improved Trainer Customization! LOL But with the announcement of the Delta Episode and all the other stuff the post game already looks infinitely better, all we need now is the battle frontier to be confirmed. And as we all know Trainer Customization be dead :(

Indigo

The Novelist from Panju
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2019
    It's kind of Late now but I'd like to see remixes of all the legendary battle music. Also Battle frontier, I've never done it there's no better time than Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby!

Back