• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen In addition to the poke following you...

How many Pokemon should follow you in HGSS

Votes: 90 79.6%

Votes: 6 5.3%

Votes: 3 2.7%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 13 11.5%

• Total voters

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    I was thinking about what it would look like if there were more than one pokemon following the trainer. At first it seemed pretty cool, but then I played pkmn ranger and it looked extremely stupid. A possible benefit, though, would be that you could still see your favorite pokemon following you even if you couldn't lead with it for whatever reason.

So, any thoughts on whether it would be cool or not to have more than one pokemon following you around?

Vote and discuss what number makes the most sense.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Anymore then one and it would get too cramped and it would make it more difficult. I can't see them tacking on more then one pokemon following you. Does anyone know if this is optional? Hopefully it is. Although it is a very cool feature.

Years
    I don't see this feature having more than one Pokemon following you. As mentioned already, it would be cramped having 2 or more Pokemon following you at the same time. If for some reason you had to turn around in the opposite direction, there would most likely be a slight delay for your Pokemon to go behind you again. Repeat this scenario with the extra Pokemon following you and it would get pretty annoying quick. :/

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Its confirmed 1 at a time but thats plenty. You can have your lead pokemon or favourite with you all the time which is awsome!!

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I would say one is enougth, the only time i would want more than 1 is to have Umbreon and Espeon follow me

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    But the option is only available for the lead pokemon... no? That would be cool (or maybe it's true) that we can choose the pokemon that follows? But I'm pretty sure it's just for the lead. And I won't lead with the same pokemon for the whole game

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    But the option is only available for the lead pokemon... no? That would be cool (or maybe it's true) that we can choose the pokemon that follows? But I'm pretty sure it's just for the lead. And I won't lead with the same pokemon for the whole game

You are absolutely right, only the lead may follow us. However, more than one Pokémon outside of its Pokéball would be a little too much. Not to mention, confusing and when it comes time to moving around places it can not only get distracting, but difficult as well.

I appreciate the new feature, I really do, but having even two Pokémon follow would jsut be over doing the fact of it. Comparing it to that of Pokémon Ranger is a difference concept however, as in that game you do not capture the Pokémon in any item to be held, therefore it will need to follow you. However, it is different in the main metagame and like stated many times, one is enough, and two is too much.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    It's meant to be like your PARTNER pokemon follows you, as each trainer has their own special partner pokemon they love (usually your starter.) This wouldn't make sense if you had a bunch of them following you. Not only that but as other people have mentioned having more than one would be messy and not very practical for gameplay.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Any more than one, and as people have mentioned, it would just crowd the screen way too much. A single Pokemon is all one can really ask for and it is made infinitely brilliant with the fact that all Pokemon can be set to follow you around like Pikachu from Yellow. I can happily say that I'll finally be able to have Eevee and its evolutions chasing after me. XD

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    One Pokemon is enough honestly, it would get too overcrowded and most people would prefer one anyway.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    That's an interesting idea but not one to integrate into the game.
    I personally feel that having one pokemon following you is enough and if you had more than one than it would be a little overwhelming.

Years
    Lol this is a brief summary of everyone's message:

1/ I would like all with me
    2/ Nah too corwded
    3/Too crowded nah
    4/It would be crowded tho
    5/Hmm I dunno it appears crowded the

Ok we get the point it'll be crowded, lol

Back