• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In Defence of Bidoof

Z o M B ii 3

Upgrade your Grey Matter.
    Years
    But I bet none of you scrubs knew that.

I know.
    Bibarel becomes quite powerful.
    He is very underestimated.
    This is what I use on Bibarel.

In Defence of Bidoof

Bibarel w/ Leftovers
    Bold Nature : Simple Ability
    EVs: 252HP/128DEF/128SP.DEF
    Defence Curl
    Amnesia
    Charge Beam
    Surf

Max out your Def and Sp.Def with Defence Curl and Amnesia.
    It takes hits well, so pulling off these moves are easy.
    Raise your Sp.Atk with Charge Beam while doing some damage.
    Surf is for STAB and since its special, Charge Beam makes it quite
    powerful.

On Youtube, I've seen it prove itself on OU and even take down a few Ubers.
    I know Youtube is unreliable but still.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Bidoof is pure awesome!
    Just because he doesn't really have that many features to make a name for himself doesn't mean he should be hated..
    I love Bidoof and I am proud!

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    Interesting topic here. I like Bidoof but his evolution is in bad figure for some reason. Bidoof can learn surf so it is still cool to have him, but not making him evolve.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I don't see how any of you whether you like Bidoof or not can say that a Woodchuck is not cute!
    It is adorable! So don't be saying, "Bidoof is just as ugly as the woodchuck..."

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    Bidoof's dopey look has earned it a spot on my top 3 Pokemon. It's cry sounds cool too. If I could choose a Pokemon as my pet, I'd so have Bidoof. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    It is also much cooler then its evolution, Bibarel in my opinion. Since Bibarel looks dumb and in general is a mockery of Bidoofs, I would much rather hate Bibarel then the cute little beaver. Can you bear hating that cute little face of Bidoof? :<

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I'm with the... er, majority here. I dislike the Bidoof line. :x And like Erica said, seems more like a beaver to me. I just find it annoying, 'cept when it comes to HP Effort Value training. :>

alho12

Heart Gold:0131-4210-8237
    Years
    i got the evolution of bidoof level 100 leave it alone bt if any one wants to trade wiv me i would

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
    Years
    On Youtube, I've seen it prove itself on OU and even take down a few Ubers.

I know Youtube is unreliable but still.

Yes, Youtube is not exactly home to the best of the best, although it is good for some entertainment.

Bidoof has some redeeming value to me at least because it's evolution has Super Fang and the ability to abuse Simple with a Baton Passing Pokemon. It's not utterly useless like Ditto and Unown.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I've also always thought that bidoof is a beaver. The woodchuck is a really cute animal, but bidoof just isn't. I dom't know about it's moves, but I just hate it's design. Rattata was okay, at least it looked like a mean little rat, but bidoof looks just stupid. Sentret was cute and so was zigzagoon, but... well I can stand bidoof, as long as I don\t have to make it part of my team. :P

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Hmm... Woodchuck, huh?
    I agree with Lightning and Beachboy, I always considered it a beaver.
    (Bibarel's teeth and tail are a dead give away. xD)

I consider most Pokémon towards the beginning of the game quite annoying. However, I didn't find Bidoof as annoying as I found Shellos. I found that little Lapras want-to-be everywhere I went! Bidoof was only an annoyance through the first few hours of my journey.

Back