• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game and Competitive Teams help

Tony_the_Dark_Prominence

Your hate for me is divine!
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    .... Why am I having a hard time with this? Why? :/

Hey my fellow Pokemon fans! I am Tony the Dark Prominence and I am here to post my current team and a team that I am trying to get a hold of at the moment. So bear with me... Feast your eyes on these!

- Zubat
    LV: 19, Nature: Hasty
    Wing Attack, Bite, Supersonic, Leech Life
    - Quilava
    LV: 20, Nature: Docile
    Fire Blast, Ember, Smokescreen, Headbutt
    - Scyther
    LV: 21, Nature: Bashful
    Leer, False Swipe, Pursuit, U-turn
    - Kadabra
    LV: 21, Nature: Naive
    Teleport, Headbutt, Confusion

These are my current Pokemon ( Quilava, Kadabra and Zubat emerged from breeding.)
    NOTES:
    - I have a Scyther for the sake of getting a Scizor ... However, Scyther's nature is not good enough, so that one has to breeded too
    - Kadabra is a one the more high tiered pokemon that will evolve into a Alakazam through trading. It's nature doesn't concern that much sense even without a good nature for it, it is still a beast in terms of speed and special attacking power.
    - Zubat will eventually be a Crobat.
    - And yes, I am aware of the EV's system which is why I breeded three of my pokemon in the first place.
    - I need to know which pokemon I should be catching and a good moveset for my pokemon's evolved forms.
    - I also need to know what makes a good competitive team.
    Thank you for your help and I appreciate it.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

To answer, your question about competitive battling, you need to read THIS THREAD! And don't just skim through it, read it thoroughly until you understand it all.

Then, when you're ready to build good movesets for your Pokemon, go to Smogon and click on a Pokemon. This will give you recommended moves, items, natures, and EVs for every Pokemon. Be sure to read about how the moveset works first!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tony_the_Dark_Prominence

Your hate for me is divine!
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    No problem!

The thread here was pretty helpful in many ways. The reason why I am worried about competitive battling so much is because I never really been part of one before... the computer opponents are BORING and predictable. Sure the computer has a good strategy of sorts but they are very stupid about it. If my opponent was HUMAN player... things would be quite interesting, so I intend on participating in some competitions!

Thanks for your help dude!

i is nube

Nube
    Years
    before you spend hours creating your team, download and test your team on shody battle. It's a competetive battle emulator that lets you quickly create and test your team. So before you spend all that time making your team at least test if it will be any good first. Not to mention you get to play competetive when ever you want. And your battleing agains real people so it's good practise and much better than battling agains computers

Back