• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game EV Training

Altaïr

... Has one gear: Go
Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Has anyone else besides me tried EV training before the elite four? In black I EV trained my Minezumi before the third gym and in platinum I EV'd a whole team. Just for fun.

Years
  • I never did more than playing with the thought or maybe sometimes abusing the rare monospecies routes/caves/etc. Just can't be bothered, being 5 levels higher is more effective in-game and easier to pull off.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I did for the legendary pokemon I caught before I beat the elite 4, other than that I haven't bothered doing any EV training before beating the elite 4.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Trying to EV train your in-game team would just be a nightmare. All the required trainer battles would muck everything up. I suppose you could EV with nothing but local wild pokemon, but then you'd be rather overlevelled once you're done anyways. XD

Years
  • I EV train but I don't do competitive battling, so yes I EV train before the elite 4. But then BW is my first game where I'm EV training seriously, when I played heartgold I only slightly EV trained because it was too confusing for me xD

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I don't even think about EV training before the E4. I don't EV train my in-game team either. They are meant to be I fun team consisting of the Pokemon I like. Not serious Pokemon engineered for battling. It'd be too hard to get the necessary items and berries anyway. So there is no point.

Altaïr

... Has one gear: Go
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Trying to EV train your in-game team would just be a nightmare. All the required trainer battles would muck everything up. I suppose you could EV with nothing but local wild pokemon, but then you'd be rather overlevelled once you're done anyways. XD

Yes, the trainers can be quite annoying, though I usually obtain a 'bad' pokemon too, one that I am not aiming to train, but can also hold its own in battle and also save often, so that if i run into the wrong pokemon on a trainer, i can either fain my pokemon in training and send out the bad one or reset and change my lineup so that i do not mess up my trained Pokemon

Back