• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • There are not that many Psychic-types in Hoenn prior to National Dex but a good one would definitely be Gardevoir since it's also part-Fairy and can take down a fair good number of stuff plus it has some other additional coverage (such as Focus Blast, Hidden Power, Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball) and support moves. You can't get its Mega Stone until postgame but it's still a powerful special attacker on its own.

Gallade would have been an option but the major issue is that a Dawn Stone can't be obtained until Victory Road, so you'd be stuck babying a Kirlia and having to stick an Everstone on it until then, unless if you are good enough at Super Training but those mini-games can sometimes be very hard.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The best Psychic types in the main camepaign are Gardevoir, Alazakam, and Metagross. Neither of them aren't as good as they use to be (physical/special split for the first two, and Steel's nerf on the third), but they can still pack a punch.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2014
    How To Level Up Faster!

Need to beat the elite four but my pokemon is at level 40 but one off my pokemon is at level 55. How to level up faster

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Gallade would have been an option but the major issue is that a Dawn Stone can't be obtained until Victory Road, so you'd be stuck babying a Kirlia and having to stick an Everstone on it until then, unless if you are good enough at Super Training but those mini-games can sometimes be very hard.

Can't you get a dawn stone from super training? I'd say do this and get gallade ASAP, since he'll help against a lot of the elite 4.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Need to beat the elite four but my pokemon is at level 40 but one off my pokemon is at level 55. How to level up faster

The best method would be to rematch trainers, their levels increase to match where you are at in the game so I'd check the AreaNav for specific locations.

Hikamaru said:
    Gallade would have been an option but the major issue is that a Dawn Stone can't be obtained until Victory Road, so you'd be stuck babying a Kirlia and having to stick an Everstone on it until then, unless if you are good enough at Super Training but those mini-games can sometimes be very hard.

You can actually get a Dawn Stone from Sea Mauville from rematching one of the trainers (Sisters Scall & Ion to be specific). It's kinda a game of luck with that but it would mean receiving a Dawn Stone much earlier in-game if you're really that determined to get a Gallade.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Can't you get a dawn stone from super training? I'd say do this and get gallade ASAP, since he'll help against a lot of the elite 4.

The best method would be to rematch trainers, their levels increase to match where you are at in the game so I'd check the AreaNav for specific locations.

You can actually get a Dawn Stone from Sea Mauville from rematching one of the trainers (Sisters Scall & Ion to be specific). It's kinda a game of luck with that but it would mean receiving a Dawn Stone much earlier in-game if you're really that determined to get a Gallade.

Gallade is alright, but I'd put it and Gardevoir on equal footing. The only downside is both their Mega Stones are after Delta Episode, which is postgame-only. The main issues are Sea Mauville doesn't have much reasons to want to come back other than some trainers and not everyone is good at Super Training.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Gallade is alright, but I'd put it and Gardevoir on equal footing. The only downside is both their Mega Stones are after Delta Episode, which is postgame-only. The main issues are Sea Mauville doesn't have much reasons to want to come back other than some trainers and not everyone is good at Super Training.

Don't get me wrong, I' not saying gallade is much better than gardevoir, I'm just saying that in the main game you'd likely get more use from it than from gardevoir, since dragon types will only really threaten you once, in the battle with Drake.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Did you just receive the egg?

In that case, you just have to keep walking with it in your team. To speed up the process, have a Flame Body/Magma Armor Pokemon on the team. Slugma is ideal, as it can have either ability. Your best bet of speeding up the process is to use the Mach Bike to bike from Verdanturf all the way to Route 118. Or you can do a few rounds at Cycling Road.

I've had it for a while, actually haha. I guess maybe I just haven't been walking as much as I thought. :P Thank you! I was seriously starting to wonder if they made like...certain requirements to hatch it, haha.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    My lombre has surf, teeter, fake out and knock off. What shall I forget for hydro pump?

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    So... I beat the Delta Episode last Thursday but the Stone Salesman still isn't selling the Mega Stones. Do I have to do something else or...?

Years
  • So... I beat the Delta Episode last Thursday but the Stone Salesman still isn't selling the Mega Stones. Do I have to do something else or...?

The old man near the stream? If this helps you at all, the choices he provides say something about fire and trees or something. Maybe try beating the Elite Four again?

Nakala Pri

Do pokeballs simply work better the lower the hp, or are they based on whether the hp is red, yellow, or green?

Even with a low level Pokemon, you have to lower the HP with average Pokeballs. Green is usually ineffective, yellow CAN work, but usually, red is best.

If the Pokemon is paralyzed, poisoned or asleep, then as tradition, it works far better. :D Having it asleep usually does the trick, even if their HP is full.

If you're facing a paticulary special Pokemon, who you do not wanna risk wiping out, just go for yellow, even though you may need to retry a couple o' times.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • So... I beat the Delta Episode last Thursday but the Stone Salesman still isn't selling the Mega Stones. Do I have to do something else or...?

The old man near the stream? If this helps you at all, the choices he provides say something about fire and trees or something. Maybe try beating the Elite Four again?

If Swampert, it'll be about tide.

Although, don't get fooled by the price. They only cost $1500. The rest are just really overpriced Hard Stones.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • So, it's based on the color?...meaning, is it pointless to lower the hp further if it's already in the red?

It's actually HP based. I would love to put the calculations here, but that's not important now, is it?

Basic point: the lower the HP the easier. If affected by a Status Condition it'll be easier. And don't forget about the Pokeball you're using.

EDIT: For an attack that'll leave 1HP, try False Swipe or Hold Back.

Nakala Pri

So, it's based on the color?...meaning, is it pointless to lower the hp further if it's already in the red?

Well, it's not very necessary. I mean, if you know you can go further without making it faint, go ahead! :D But it's kinda risky.

If you're looking for a specific Pokemon, it's probably good to get a fast Pokemon with a move like Stun Spore or Grass Whistle.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    What is the easiest Pokemon to level up to level 100? (One that you can catch in Omega Ruby)

Reason I'm asking, is because according to Serebii.net, you have to have a level 100 in your party to encounter Zekrom/Reshiram in a mirage spot.

SleepingTyrant

Pokemon Treasure Hunter
    Years
  • What is the easiest Pokemon to level up to level 100? (One that you can catch in Omega Ruby)

Reason I'm asking, is because according to Serebii.net, you have to have a level 100 in your party to encounter Zekrom/Reshiram in a mirage spot.

umm, how about something from the gts. if you get lucky enough to get a level 100 off the bat then problem solved...or just throw in a lucky egg.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back