• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'm not sure this are right thread to ask but i'm going to take a chance.

Does somerbody know orginal SB card work on Nintendo 3DS?
    I need card so I get more place at my nintendo 3DS

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Is there somewhere that describes contest move effects beyond the vague flavor text? Serebii and Bulba seem for once unhelpful here.

Any specific flavor texts that you need help with? I'm stuck on the "Effectiveness varies depending on when it is used." as well as "Affected by how well the previous Pokémon's move went." myself, but other than those I have a pretty clear picture on what they do.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    So recently I added a bunch of Blissey bases via QR code to the secret meadow... But then, I went to battle the trainers... And they told me to come back tomorrow. Anyone know why this is happening?

Candy

Years
    So recently I added a bunch of Blissey bases via QR code to the secret meadow... But then, I went to battle the trainers... And they told me to come back tomorrow. Anyone know why this is happening?

You have to wait another day. Secret Bases that are added via QR codes can only be used after a day has passed, unlike bases obtained through Streetpass and Passerby.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    You have to wait another day. Secret Bases that are added via QR codes can only be used after a day has passed, unlike bases obtained through Streetpass and Passerby.
    Ah right, makes sense. I actually thought that other people could affect it if they had that base lol

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Any specific flavor texts that you need help with? I'm stuck on the "Effectiveness varies depending on when it is used." as well as "Affected by how well the previous Pokémon's move went." myself, but other than those I have a pretty clear picture on what they do.

I've aced plenty contests already (two of each master contest so far) and can tell what most of them do but there's just a few that are vague as to their effect or doesn't explain whether it affects the Pokemon before or after, and I've used these and never seen them work no matter where I am in the lineup. The ones I can think of off-hand that I can't figure out for these reasons are "Makes the audience quickly grow bored when an appeal move has little effect," "Makes audience expect little of other contestants," and "Badly startles Pokémon that the audience has high expectations of."

Years
    Not sure if I got ripped off or not. I traded with a guy, I sent him a Latias and he sent me a level 100 Zoroark shiny. When I used him in battle the game glitched and sent out Castform I believe. Did I get a hacked pokemon?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Not sure if I got ripped off or not. I traded with a guy, I sent him a Latias and he sent me a level 100 Zoroark shiny. When I used him in battle the game glitched and sent out Castform I believe. Did I get a hacked pokemon?
    Was Castform the last Pokemon in your party at the time? Zoroark's ability is Illusion, which makes it appear as the last Pokemon in your party (but it still retains it's typing, stats, and moves).

Years
    Was Castform the last Pokemon in your party at the time? Zoroark's ability is Illusion, which makes it appear as the last Pokemon in your party (but it still retains it's typing, stats, and moves).

I believe so he was actually. Huh that's cool, I had no idea he could do that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Is it just me, or does great ball seem to work better than ultra ball at catching legendaries?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Does anyone know a good IV calculator for Omega Ruby? I just caught a Tornadus and I wanna find out what IVs it has.
    Or if you could calculate it for me, just tell me what details you need :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    Google it, "iv calculator" and choose. I normally use Psypokes' one

Q: A good place to hatch eggs? The Verdanturf Town-Route 118 road is no good now :(

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
    Google it, "iv calculator" and choose. I normally use Psypokes' one

Q: A good place to hatch eggs? The Verdanturf Town-Route 118 road is no good now :(

I don't mind using Slateport as a long stretch of road I can ride up and down, but compared to Lumiose in XY it's still not great. At present I'm just using the Battle Resort daycare and riding across the front of it and the pokemon center.

Candy

Years
    I've aced plenty contests already (two of each master contest so far) and can tell what most of them do but there's just a few that are vague as to their effect or doesn't explain whether it affects the Pokemon before or after, and I've used these and never seen them work no matter where I am in the lineup. The ones I can think of off-hand that I can't figure out for these reasons are "Makes the audience quickly grow bored when an appeal move has little effect," "Makes audience expect little of other contestants," and "Badly startles Pokémon that the audience has high expectations of."

"Makes the audience quickly grow bored when an appeal move has little effect"
    The move will make a Pokemon will lose more hearts when it uses a move that is deemed unappealing in a contest. eg. using a Cool move in a Cute or Clever contest.

"Makes audience expect little of other contestants"
    Any Pokemon with a combo pending (the flashing frames) will be cancelled (eg one uses Calm Mind, gets a combo pending, then another uses a move that does this, the one that used Calm Mind can't produce a combo anymore).

"Badly startles Pokémon that the audience has high expectations of"
    Hmm... from my analysis, since I don't use or see this kind of move often, it badly startles any Pokemon with a pending combo. I recall Macherie entering a contest and was up first with Sunny Day, and then a Pokemon went and used a jamming move later on that turn, which startles all of us by one heart, but I noticed that Macherie's hearts went down by 3 or 4.

Sorry I can't really help on the last one.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
    How do we share Vs. Recorder battles?

I think there's supposed to be a page for uploading and taking down videos, which I saw before but now mine just looks like this:
    Spoiler:

There are two videos that were uploaded but they act just like the un-uploaded videos.

Years
    How do we share Vs. Recorder battles?

I think there's supposed to be a page for uploading and taking down videos, which I saw before but now mine just looks like this:
    Spoiler:

There are two videos that were uploaded but they act just like the un-uploaded videos.

Well I remember in XY that you had to be online to get the codes to share videos, and I wouldn't imagine it being different here but I haven't had any to share in ORAS so far so i'm not certain.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
    Well I remember in XY that you had to be online to get the codes to share videos, and I wouldn't imagine it being different here but I haven't had any to share in ORAS so far so i'm not certain.

Ah, yes, you're right.
    Thank you.

I thought just having wireless enabled was enough.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back