• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I've just recently got my shiny treecko about 3 days ago :) I was so close to giving up too, I think I said I'd do 10 more soft resets then quit and it shined for me within the last 10 resets :) so chuffed!

Covah

Lord Of Kaos
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    A question about Mew in my Pokédex

So I was scrolling through my Pokédex, looking to see if I had a Scyther in the entries and I came upon a curiosity. I have a Mew in the Pokédex. Just the entry, not in my PC. I don't own one outside of my old GBA games and I haven't battled one. In the entire game (secret base battles included) I have not battled or seen one. And yet there is an entry in there saying I have seen it before. I know in one of the older games you could see a picture of the alt-game's legendary so that you can complete the Pokédex, is there a chance of having read something to unlock it? Or is it maybe just a glitch of some kind?

I formally apologise in advance if this is something silly, and I apologise even more so if I should have posted this elsewhere.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    So I haven't been able to get Secret Base updates nor any news in the Buzz Nav for days now. Is there a reason why this is happening? :/
    I even tried to delete every single Secret Base (except mine) that I got when I was still able to get updates. :/

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I haven't been able to get Secret Base updates nor any news in the Buzz Nav for days now. Is there a reason why this is happening? :/
    I even tried to delete every single Secret Base (except mine) that I got when I was still able to get updates. :/

you're connecting to the internet first, Right? You don't get ANY updates unless you connect to the internet or streetpass with other people in real life.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
    If I cancel my entry in the Battle Competition, will I still get awarded for my participation later on? Or do I have to wait for the competition to be over before attempting to unlock my battle box?

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    you're connecting to the internet first, Right? You don't get ANY updates unless you connect to the internet or streetpass with other people in real life.

I know that as I've received updates every time I go online before. I know that I can't get BuzzNav updates in the next 8 hours but it's been days now and I can't get new updates. I am hoping anyone has any ideas why this is happening.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I know that as I've received updates every time I go online before. I know that I can't get BuzzNav updates in the next 8 hours but it's been days now and I can't get new updates. I am hoping anyone has any ideas why this is happening.
    That means you can get online, you're just not getting any updates? The last time I had that problem was when I switched systems to transfer some Pokemon. The game realizes that you're using another 3DS and locks you out of all updates for 24 hours; same thing if you reset the clock.

If that's not the case, do you have the most recent 3DS and ORAS updates?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

And when you connect, are other people online at the same time as you? Cause once in a while whenever I got online literally no one else is online at all (both my Friends and Acquantinces list are all greyed out, and I can't vouche for my passersby list because it is just so incredibly long and it's such a pain to scroll because they really did not make it easy to scroll that on that) but the ones I can see are also greyed out, so while you know you're online, if you don't see anyone else online then that might also be why you're not getting updates (because even when online, you still need to pass other people in order to get updates, meaning someone else needs to be online the same time as you) if there are, then I have no idea what else to suggest.

Years
    Pokérus reinfectable in ORAS?

Not sure if this has happened in previous versions, but my Pokémon seem to be unable to have an immunity against Pokérus. Not that I'm complaining of course, but is it abnormal?

It first happened when a friend of mine sent me his Japanese Treecko to infect my Pokémon with Pokérus, and I forgot to deposit my Pokémon before midnight, causing my Pokémon to recover from Pokérus. But I had plenty of other infected Pokémon just in case such a thing happened, so I infected more new Pokémon to EV train them, but surprisingly enough, a few of my Pokémon who recovered from Pokérus got reinfected. Then I forgot to deposit them again a few nights back and all but one recovered. So today I tried to reinfect two Pokémon who had previously recovered and got reinfected by Pokérus and recovered again, and voila! It worked! The funny thing is that every time they recover, there would be no Pokérus recover marker to signify that it has recovered from Pokérus. Anyone experienced the same thing before?

Years
    Okay, so I know that trading Pokémon will reset their happiness back to its base value. But what about Pokémon Bank? If I use that, put a Pokémon there and send it over to another game will that reset its happiness as well? Because I wanted to check on this, as to help with matters like happiness evolutions, Draco Meteor, etc. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Okay, so I know that trading Pokémon will reset their happiness back to its base value. But what about Pokémon Bank? If I use that, put a Pokémon there and send it over to another game will that reset its happiness as well? Because I wanted to check on this, as to help with matters like happiness evolutions, Draco Meteor, etc. Thanks!
    It probably would, because you're technically a different OT (Original Trainer) in each game, so if you already got high happiness, I suggest using it first before you transfer.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is there seriously still no maps of the caves and dungeons in this stupid game anywhere online?? It's been out for TWO months!! I can find a thousand hour long videos on how to name my pokemon (which should take a sentence!) but I can't seem to find any maps anywhere online. Oh yes, there's Bulbapedia which has plentiful gameboy advance maps, but I'm not playing the gameboy advance games. Come on!! (Specifically I need the map for the Seafloor Cavern) And I REALLY don't want to sit through a 27 minute long video or a 14 page text explanation of how to get through because, again, I want a map where I myself can see where to go and most importantly where the items are. It's so much longer to read a description or sit through a video than it is to simply scan some pictures with my own eyes. h

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Is there seriously still no maps of the caves and dungeons in this stupid game anywhere online?? It's been out for TWO months!! I can find a thousand hour long videos on how to name my pokemon (which should take a sentence!) but I can't seem to find any maps anywhere online. Oh yes, there's Bulbapedia which has plentiful gameboy advance maps, but I'm not playing the gameboy advance games. Come on!! (Specifically I need the map for the Seafloor Cavern) And I REALLY don't want to sit through a 27 minute long video or a 14 page text explanation of how to get through because, again, I want a map where I myself can see where to go and most importantly where the items are. It's so much longer to read a description or sit through a video than it is to simply scan some pictures with my own eyes. h

The layout of OR/AS' Seafloor Cavern is similar to R/S/E's, except for the Strength puzzles.

Alternatively, you can just:
    1. wait for Bulbapedia to upload the scans of the OR/AS Seafloor Cavern
    2. navigate Seafloor Cavern yourself and you'll eventually get to where you need to go based on trial and error. Exploring is the point of the Pokemon main game, after all.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Does anyone have a good strategy to capture Rayquaza and Deoxys

Rayquaza is just as easy to catch as Reshiram, Zekrom, Xerneas and Yveltal in past games; it's a mandatory catch in the Delta Episode. Just try to throw a Quick Ball at it on the first turn

In all seriousness, use a bulky Steel Pokemon like Metagross, as it resists all the offensive moves of Rayquaza and Deoxys combined. The event one would be preferred, as it has Hold Back to ensure that either one isn't KOed. If you intend to reset for a good-natured Deoxys, I'd recommend KOing Deoxys with Rayquaza, as its battle comes right after the battle with Zinnia, which, in turn comes right after Rayquaza's capture. If Deoxys is KOed in the Delta Episode, will respawn in Sky Pillar after you beat the Pokemon League a second time.

Bring plenty of healing items too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I know that the Regice doll was from that secret base in Mauville a while ago, but I just came across someone with a secret base that had teh Registeel doll, is that giveaway available right now and if so, does anyone have the QR code for that particular base in Mauville? Thanks!

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    That means you can get online, you're just not getting any updates? The last time I had that problem was when I switched systems to transfer some Pokemon. The game realizes that you're using another 3DS and locks you out of all updates for 24 hours; same thing if you reset the clock.

If that's not the case, do you have the most recent 3DS and ORAS updates?

Yeah, I can go online. I can see passersby, can trade and battle with friends, and use the GTS, got that Holocaster news about the Battle of Hoenn (before the online competition started), and was able to participate in the Battle of Hoenn online competition. :/

I tried updating my 3DS yesterday, but it gave me a message stating that my 3DS is already up to date. So I suppose there's no problems there.
    No, I didn't change the clock. And I only have one 3DS, so I didn't play OR in any other 3DS. :/

And when you connect, are other people online at the same time as you? Cause once in a while whenever I got online literally no one else is online at all (both my Friends and Acquantinces list are all greyed out, and I can't vouche for my passersby list because it is just so incredibly long and it's such a pain to scroll because they really did not make it easy to scroll that on that) but the ones I can see are also greyed out, so while you know you're online, if you don't see anyone else online then that might also be why you're not getting updates (because even when online, you still need to pass other people in order to get updates, meaning someone else needs to be online the same time as you) if there are, then I have no idea what else to suggest.

As I stated above, yeah, I can go online and can see passersby. :/

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Where do I find an Altarianite? I plan to use a Mega Altaria in my team in need to balance my physical-based and special-based Pokemon. Plus, what's the preferred Hidden Power for Contrary Serperior, as I've been soft resetting for my Timid Serperior from the delivery woman as of now.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Where do I find an Altarianite? I plan to use a Mega Altaria in my team in need to balance my physical-based and special-based Pokemon. Plus, what's the preferred Hidden Power for Contrary Serperior, as I've been soft resetting for my Timid Serperior from the delivery woman as of now.
    There's a guy in Lilycove City standing outside the contest fanclub building that'll give you Altarianite if you show him an Altaria. The best Hidden Power types for Serperior are Ice and Ground iirc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back