• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Someone else probably took your Zigzagoon, considering the Soul Dew is a pretty valuable item. And remember, that Groudon will be visible to X and Y trainers, so if it has Precipice Blades, or is holding the Red Orb, you can't put it up because like I said, X and Y trainers can see it too.

Nope, Zigzagoon was still there when I went to my other game, in fact I tried it again with a Wurmple asking for a Ho-Oh (something else I wanted to trade as its holding a Sacred Ash) but again, no luck, the Wurmple just will not appear, NOTHING seems to appear when holding the Soul Dew, but when they're holding nothing they seem to appear just fine. Well, for a few times anyway, after about 3 or 4 trades I stopped being able to find myself at all anymore from either game so no more trading items which was irritating

Years
    Nope, Zigzagoon was still there when I went to my other game, in fact I tried it again with a Wurmple asking for a Ho-Oh (something else I wanted to trade as its holding a Sacred Ash) but again, no luck, the Wurmple just will not appear, NOTHING seems to appear when holding the Soul Dew, but when they're holding nothing they seem to appear just fine. Well, for a few times anyway, after about 3 or 4 trades I stopped being able to find myself at all anymore from either game so no more trading items which was irritating

If it appeared on your other game, how could you not trade with yourself...? I think there's a possibility that items like that can be put on the GTS, but may not appear, and may prevent the Pokemon that's holding them from being traded. Event Pokemon like Celebi can be put on the GTS via hacking, but can not go to a new home. If this is the case, I recommend going over to the Quick Trades section to see if someone would be willing to transfer these items from your games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    If it appeared on your other game, how could you not trade with yourself...? I think there's a possibility that items like that can be put on the GTS, but may not appear, and may prevent the Pokemon that's holding them from being traded. Event Pokemon like Celebi can be put on the GTS via hacking, but can not go to a new home. If this is the case, I recommend going over to the Quick Trades section to see if someone would be willing to transfer these items from your games.

No, I said it DIDN'T appear on the other game, but when I went back to the original game it was still there as having been posted by me and I could get it back into the original game. Anything that wasn't holding a Soul Dew appeared just fine, it was when something WAS holding a Soul Dew that it wouldn't appear. And there was no hacking involved, it was just a regular Soul Dew, so if it's blocked form trading, the GTS shouldn't even have let me put it on the GTS (the way it blocks the Red Orb or Blue Orb) But I think I will unfortunately have to go to the quick trade thread to get those items traded.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    No, I said it DIDN'T appear on the other game, but when I went back to the original game it was still there as having been posted by me and I could get it back into the original game. Anything that wasn't holding a Soul Dew appeared just fine, it was when something WAS holding a Soul Dew that it wouldn't appear. And there was no hacking involved, it was just a regular Soul Dew, so if it's blocked form trading, the GTS shouldn't even have let me put it on the GTS (the way it blocks the Red Orb or Blue Orb) But I think I will unfortunately have to go to the quick trade thread to get those items traded.

I had some what the same kind of error thing like that when trying to trade with some one on the GTS awhile back, I never could find them but when they checked their pokemon was still there, don't know how it was resolved but I did eventually finish the trade, but if you need something Howmander, I wouldn't mind to help you out. Just PM me if need be.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    does anyone know any quick ways to get heart scales?
    Use Thief against wild Luvdisc. You have to go fishing with a Super Rod to Ever Grande. And I think that if your first pokemon has Compound Eyes the chance of them having the Heart Scale increases

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2015
    Another question from me... I've accidentally "killed" kyogre, cresselia and azelf, is there any way I can battle them again?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Another question from me... I've accidentally "killed" kyogre, cresselia and azelf, is there any way I can battle them again?

the first time is accidentally, 3 times is murder. ;-) Also, pro tip, save BEFORE you battle them, so if you do accidentally KO them you can just reset.

Years
    So I just attempted to start a WonderWedlocke, and I just remembered that some Pokémon will disobey at early levels. I know that Roxanne's badge allows traded Pokémon that are Level 20 at most to obey, but since my team gains boosted EXP, what level should I worry about them disobeying me until then? (I have a pair of two Grass-types, though...)

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    So I just attempted to start a WonderWedlocke, and I just remembered that some Pokémon will disobey at early levels. I know that Roxanne's badge allows traded Pokémon that are Level 20 at most to obey, but since my team gains boosted EXP, what level should I worry about them disobeying me until then? (I have a pair of two Grass-types, though...)

Before Roxanne's Badge, the limit is 10.

Years
    Alright, trying to avoid going over that level. Also, my Wurmple just missed twice in a row with Tackle against an opposing Wurmple. They didn't lower its accuracy back to 95, and it's not like Shield Dust lowers accuracy (I looked it up on Bulbapedia). What's going on?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Alright, trying to avoid going over that level. Also, my Wurmple just missed twice in a row with Tackle against an opposing Wurmple. They didn't lower its accuracy back to 95, and it's not like Shield Dust lowers accuracy (I looked it up on Bulbapedia). What's going on?
    In ORAS wild Wurmple can hold Bright Powder. You've probably run into a couple of those along the way.

Years
    In ORAS wild Wurmple can hold Bright Powder. You've probably run into a couple of those along the way.

Really?! Yeah, I ran into more than one, and it did not come to my expectation that that would hold a tricky item like that so early in the game. Good thing I won't have to put up with them much longer...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I have two systems, so that might be a way to deal with the GTS problem...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

Really?! Yeah, I ran into more than one, and it did not come to my expectation that that would hold a tricky item like that so early in the game. Good thing I won't have to put up with them much longer...
    To add, Bright Powder is exclusive to Wurmple detected by the DexNav; it's not a normal hold item for it.
    the first time is accidentally, 3 times is murder. ;-) Also, pro tip, save BEFORE you battle them, so if you do accidentally KO them you can just reset.
    That's only partially helpful; see below answer.
    If you KO Kyogre, it will respawn if you beat the Elite 4 again. I think the same applies to the Mirage Spot legends
    Does anyone know how to get battle oh hoenn tyrunt?
    It's not out yet. Wait till February 16. I think it will be distributed by serial code to those who participated in the Battle of Hoenn tournament.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Use Thief against wild Luvdisc. You have to go fishing with a Super Rod to Ever Grande. And I think that if your first pokemon has Compound Eyes the chance of them having the Heart Scale increases
    They are also found at Route 128.

Also, after catching one, you don't need the Fishing Rod at all. Meaning if you've imported one from another game, you can immediately DexNav it upon arrival. It will not show up on its own unless you manually search for it, however.

Yes, this also applies to Corsola, found very rarely on 128 with a Super Rod (I've done it) or underwater.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back