• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2015
    Few questions from a noob

So i always loved pokemon yet only played on emulators when I was a kid. Now 26 I am thinking of getting myself a new Nintendo 3DS XL for pokemon omega ruby only. Better said for pokemon only. And since I dont know anything about the nintendo and the game here are my questions.

Can I trade in omega ruby with other people the pokemon that ars from different games like x and y, black and white etc? If yes, when can I do that and how? Do I need to finish the game first or can I already trade in the start? I dont know any plaers around me to trade with, so I guess I can find people around the world right? Thanks

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    You can interact after reaching certain starting point in Player Search System as for 5th Gen I don't think it's possible anymore since the Wi-f connection is closed and only 6th games that can be interacted

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2015
    You can interact after reaching certain starting point in Player Search System as for 5th Gen I don't think it's possible anymore since the Wi-f connection is closed and only 6th games that can be interacted

Sorry its hard for me to understand, starting points in player search? So theoreticaly if I wanted to start omega ruby and in the first 30min of the game could I be able to lets say trade with someone over the net and get a bulbasaur?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024

Have you tried wonder trading, who knows you may get a bulbsaur in WT?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    So i always loved pokemon yet only played on emulators when I was a kid. Now 26 I am thinking of getting myself a new Nintendo 3DS XL for pokemon omega ruby only. Better said for pokemon only. And since I dont know anything about the nintendo and the game here are my questions.

Can I trade in omega ruby with other people the pokemon that ars from different games like x and y, black and white etc? If yes, when can I do that and how? Do I need to finish the game first or can I already trade in the start? I dont know any plaers around me to trade with, so I guess I can find people around the world right? Thanks

You will be able to trade between X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. Essentially, any games that fall within the same "generation" can trade with one another, as a general rule. Since Omega Ruby is one of the 6th generation games, you won't be able to trade with Black & White, for example, because they're 5th generation games.

You can trade with people around the world via the Player Search System, like Blue Yveltal said. You'll receive it fairly early in the game from Wally in Petalburg City, after you help him catch his first Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017

You can't trade between Generations, but you can transfer pokemon between generations. To transfer from Gen 5 to Gen 6, you need PokeBank

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
    Is there any way to get screenshots from ORAS? The scenic night route 120 deserves to be screened and used as a signature. <3

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    You mean like this? :p
    In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

g76

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2015
    Pkhex link

Does anyone now a link that wors for downloadins pkhex, because projectpokemon page it isnt working... =/

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2015
    Hidden Abilities

Not sure if this is the wrong forum, but I have a bit of an interesting quirk in my game. I was breeding goomies when I realized several had the sap sipper ability. Considering mine didn't start with it and my initial ditto had limber (not a HA) I was wondering how this happened. My game isn't hacked or anything.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Not sure if this is the wrong forum, but I have a bit of an interesting quirk in my game. I was breeding goomies when I realized several had the sap sipper ability. Considering mine didn't start with it and my initial ditto had limber (not a HA) I was wondering how this happened. My game isn't hacked or anything.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Goomy_(Pokemon))

Sap Sipper is not a hidden ability. Mystery solved!

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    So, I was wondering, how do I know if my local McDonald's is doing the Hoopa event? Also, since the event ends on the 23rd can I still receive the gift at the pokemon center after the 23rd or does it end then as well? Is the pokemon still receivable the WHOLE day of the 23rd, or does the event end on that day? Thank you all for your insight and information, it is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Years
    So, I was wondering, how do I know if my local McDonald's is doing the Hoopa event? Also, since the event ends on the 23rd can I still receive the gift at the pokemon center after the 23rd or does it end then as well? Is the pokemon still receivable the WHOLE day of the 23rd, or does the event end on that day? Thank you all for your insight and information, it is greatly appreciated!!!!!

I may not be from the US, but I think asking personally might the best thing to do if I was in situation. As for the rest of the question, I think it'll still be available through the whole day because I think that's how final days for events tend to be handled.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Where can I obtain an Eon Ticket? I own a Latios but want one with my own ID and to Soft-reset for a Shiny one. All my older Gen Games have Latias.

Years
    Where can I obtain an Eon Ticket? I own a Latios but want one with my own ID and to Soft-reset for a Shiny one. All my older Gen Games have Latias.

I don't know of any Eon Ticket events going on at the moment, so maybe StreetPass with another person's 3DS might be your best shot at getting one at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2015
    The IV spread is random, just as it is with any legendary Pokemon, so it's possible to get one with 6 IVs, though not likely. It is guaranteed to have at least 3 perfect IV stats :)

Alright, thanks, I'm going to try soft reset the game until 5 or 6 IV.

Also, I'm wondering what if I put Hoopa in pokebank then transfer to new reset game. Will I able to get new prison bottle in a new game?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back