• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Team Player
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Wow, I can't believe Nintendo's idea (sort of) worked. I thought most event Pokemon from Gen 5 and on (unless specifically shiny) were shiny locked. I guess if you get one then we will have an answer.
    Yeah they un blocked zekrom and reshiriam. And i like the idea of them sending the eon ticket out through streetpass. And as for mirage spots everything seems tp be soft resetable. I just found a shiny ho oh!

@-infectikan- I believe that the main story legends except maybe deoxys are shiny locked and i have seen reports of the latis being un shiny locked but no proof yet so...

Stonelax

Best stone NA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014
    5IV Legendaries

Hey, I was wondering what the chances are of encountering a 5IV legendary. I know that three are guaranteed to be perfect and that at level 50, 30 serves the same purpose of 31. So what exactly are my chances? It should be around 1 in 10000, right? Of course, this is including 30 as a perfect IV value.

Stonelax

Best stone NA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014
    Chance for 1 IV to be 30 or 31 = 2/31

(2/31)^2 = 4/961 ≈ 1/240

This doesn't account for which IVs are perfect, though.
    That is startlingly different than what I was thinking. That's good news for me, I've been resetting my game for two days now to get a 5IV latias XD

Years
  • How and when is New Mauville accessed in this game?

Quoting my answer to this from the last page:

Wattson appears in the center of Mauville City after you deal with Groudon/Kyogre and asks you to come to his apartment in Mauville Hills (second floor of Mauville City), also giving you access to that area in the process. Once you go to his house and talk to him you'll be able to get into New Mauville.

I think someone else also mentioned being able to at least get into the small entrance area before then, so you should at least be able to battle things/evolve Magneton.

Nakala Pri

How do I catch Kyogre? I remember Ultra Ball but not ball after that

Try a Net ball! :P It works well on Water types and it'd look pretty cool!

I'd say not to waste your Master Ball. It's such a waste and you could use it on a Mewtwo or something. :D

Nakala Pri

No worries! :D I usually find buying balls for different types get much better results then spamming Ultra Balls. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I've gotten a 5IV Latias at least 6 times now, sadly none of those times have ever been the CORRECT 5IV though, lol!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back