• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • A couple of things I was wondering:

1) Any good way to farm Heart Scales?

2) How exactly does Mega Evolution work in Multi Battles in the Battle Maison? Will your AI partner Mega Evolve their Pokemon? What if I've already mega evolved one of mine?

1. Luvdisc is generally your best bet. Or you can spam Wonder Trade and use the Poke Miles to buy Heart Scales at the Global Link

2. The 1 Mega per battle rule applies to each individual player. So if Archie/Maxie/Steven/Wally Mega Evolve their Pokemon, you can still Mega Evolve yours. This also applied to the OR/AS demo.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • A couple of things I was wondering:

1) Any good way to farm Heart Scales?
    Like PD said, Luvdisc is the best way, and I suggest surfing atop the waterfall in Ever Grande City and just using your DexNav until you can slowly surf next to one and see if it's holding a Heart Scale. Don't waste your time catching them; throw a low-leveled Swellow or Linoone or something at the front of your team and teach it Thief. Take away its item and every Heart Scale you steal, rinse and repeat.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    How do you check the IV value on stats?

The NPC inside the PokeCenter in Battle Resort can check the highest IVs of your 'mon.
    Also, there are many online IV calculators available in the web. I suggest you use serebii's IV calculator.

I've got Rayquaza in Delta Episode with such IVs. Jolly nature. Is it good?

31/31/31/31/31/24

Should I keep it?

Holy—
    I can't imagine how many times you've SR'd to get that IV spread! o.o

Well, for me, you should keep it. :3
    MegaRay is beast already anyway. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Are time based events ONLY locked for 24 hours or is it longer? So Wednesday at around 11:50pm I reset my 3DS' date because it was two days out of sync (two days earlier than it actually was to be exact) well right now it is Friday at 2:46pm, shouldn't the events have started running again as normal? None of the portals let me initiate the legendary battles they just sit there saying "A Mysterious Ring is floating in the air" and that's it. I haven't left me game running in standby since the time reset or anything, I've been playing other games, but the events currently just won't start going again, so is the time lock JUST 24 hours or have they been increased?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I never got a reply when I asked this before, but how are you supposed to know where the plates are? Going by the videos I've seen, you get the Iron Plate post game after you go to Steven's House, but how are you possibly supposed to know where the rest of them are? FYI, I already found them all except the Iron Plate, but the point I'm asking is if you don't use Youtube how are you possibly supposed to know where to look for the plates? All the other items have some sort of mechanic to tell you they're there (The Dowsing machine/head bopper, the Mega Stone sparkles, the random poke balls lying around, etc) but I never saw a single thing indicating the plates even existed let alone where they are located. Are you just supposed to instinctively know to tap A on every single inch of the sea floor, or do you get some indication after you get the Iron Plate or what? Thanks!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So I never got a reply when I asked this before, but how are you supposed to know where the plates are? Going by the videos I've seen, you get the Iron Plate post game after you go to Steven's House, but how are you possibly supposed to know where the rest of them are? FYI, I already found them all except the Iron Plate, but the point I'm asking is if you don't use Youtube how are you possibly supposed to know where to look for the plates? All the other items have some sort of mechanic to tell you they're there (The Dowsing machine/head bopper, the Mega Stone sparkles, the random poke balls lying around, etc) but I never saw a single thing indicating the plates even existed let alone where they are located. Are you just supposed to instinctively know to tap A on every single inch of the sea floor, or do you get some indication after you get the Iron Plate or what? Thanks!
    I'm pretty sure that there's no indication in the games themselves that the plates are on the seafloor, but I really think it is one of those things that Game Freak leaves for the really crazy patient explorer types to find. It's a little dumb though for those of us who don't want to search every inch of Hoenn's large seafloor, but I suppose they do it because in this day and age everyone who plays Pokemon also has access to the internet/Youtube/forums.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Is there a way to check Rayquaza's nature based on stats? I just caught one in Sky Pillar, but it wont tell me what nature it is in the summary, only tells me the stats.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Does anyone have a good map for navigating Routes 132-134 (For the Regi quest and TM80)? I tried following a Youtube video and they jumped around, making navigation unclear.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Is there a way to check Rayquaza's nature based on stats? I just caught one in Sky Pillar, but it wont tell me what nature it is in the summary, only tells me the stats.

On the stats Blue=lowered
    Red=increased.

It should also say in the third screen.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    On the stats Blue=lowered
    Red=increased.

It should also say in the third screen.
    It doesn't do that for the in-battle summary screen though, which I think is what he's looking at.

I can't seem to find it anywhere, do you have a picture?
    There's really no easy way for you to tell what its nature is from the stats alone. You're kinda gonna have to wait until you're out of battle to check the nature. If you brought and lead with a Synchronizer you'd have a 50-50 shot of guessing the nature.....

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is there a way to check Rayquaza's nature based on stats? I just caught one in Sky Pillar, but it wont tell me what nature it is in the summary, only tells me the stats.

Not really, you could always try plugging the stats into an IV calculator such as http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcxy.shtml as Rayquaza won't have had any EVs yet, you should be able to do the stats, pick a random nature and the calculator will tell you that one of the stats doesn't compute so then pick another nature until until that message stops appearing. Also, Rayquaza will always have at least 3 IVs at 31, so if the calculator does not show that at least 3 stats could be 31, then that is also an indication that you chose the wrong nature. But really, it's all guess work. Sometimes only one nature will work and then you'll have a pretty clear indication that that is the correct nature, but other times you might have two or three natures that also work with the supplied stats. But it's something at least.

videoman

I'm no hero. And never was.
    Years
  • Lilycove Clearance Sale??

So it's officially Saturday where I live (MST) and I am standing at the top (roof) of the Lilycove Department Store and there is NO Clearance Sale Dude. This has happened to me for the past 2-3 weekends. I come up to the roof and...nothing.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I am playing Alpha Sapphire, though I doubt that changed anything. I have also beat the Elite Four +Champion and have even visited the Battle Resort. I even have a Bronze Secrete Base. So I don't know what is preventing this Clearance Sale Dude from showing up. I even tried connecting to the internet via PSS thinking I had to do so for the game to recognize it was Saturday. However still nothing.

Anyone got any ideas what is going on?

Thanks.

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • Have you changed your system's time at all recently? I thought I read somewhere that changing the time has negative effects on time-based events such as berries and possibly even this.

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • I've never actually encountered this event yet, but judging from the conditions needed in the original R/S/E, I would suggest checking the televisions in people's homes for the announcement or even your BuzzNav. That's how it used to be triggered anyway. I don't really see why it wouldn't be working.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back