• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Ah, ok. Anyway, I have another question, regarding EVs.
    Is there any way to check what exactly my EVs are? So, for example, I might want a Pokemon with 240 of one stat, 252 of another, and 16 of another, instead of 252/252/4. How do I check to make sure I don't accidentally train the first stat up too much?

Have notes handy when you do this.

Or, do what I do: train up the stat that needs the least EVs (16 in your case), then focus on the stat that needs the 252 EVs. You can then mindlessly train the stat that needs the rest of the EVs.

Years
  • Ah, ok. Anyway, I have another question, regarding EVs.
    Is there any way to check what exactly my EVs are? So, for example, I might want a Pokemon with 240 of one stat, 252 of another, and 16 of another, instead of 252/252/4. How do I check to make sure I don't accidentally train the first stat up too much?

What I do is, I put a Macho Brace on the Pokémon I want to EV train, and go to a Horde zone. I take my Sharpedo who knows Surf and Earthquake (25 PP in total).

If you EV train in Hordes with a Macho Brace held, your Pokémon gets +10 EVs in that stat per fight. If your pokemon is high level, 1 fight is 1 PP.

Then if Sharpedo is out of Surf PP and out of Earthquake PP, I know my Pokémon has 250 EVs in one stat.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Have notes handy when you do this.

Or, do what I do: train up the stat that needs the least EVs (16 in your case), then focus on the stat that needs the 252 EVs. You can then mindlessly train the stat that needs the rest of the EVs.

That's what I was thinking, but what about if I wanted to train four different EV's, and none of them would be maxed with 252?

EDIT: Or maybe, say, 250/250/8 or something like that.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • That's what I was thinking, but what about if I wanted to train four different EV's, and none of them would be maxed with 252?

Not going to work. 248 EVs in each stat you maximize is going to be a waste, unless one of the 248 stats is in HP for Pokemon whose absolute max HP at level 100 is divisible by 8.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    That's what I was thinking, but what about if I wanted to train four different EV's, and none of them would be maxed with 252?

Stick to 248 and 248 (because 250/250 results in 4 Evs being unused because they're split between two different stats and is a waste) because those 252 Evs equal 63 extra points to whatever stat it's in at level 100 no matter what (252 / 4 = 63) but if you want to get exact, the best way is to keep careful notes. (which is where Super Training comes in better than Horde training) OR you could always max Ev train a certain stat, then lower it using the Ev lowering berries (apparently this gen each time you use an EV lowering berry it reduces that stat's EVs by 10 every time) so you can go that route if you want to as well. Personally I just go the longer but more exact route of Super Training, keeping track of the Evs I get as I am awarded them (only write down the number when you see them flashing on the super training screen, that way you don't jump the gun and accidentally write down EVs you didn't get yet or lost out out by losing super training) and then when I get the number I want, I save, use the reset bag to see how many Evs I lost (therefore I know FOR SURE how many Evs I had in the first place) then reset so my Evs are all back to where they were.

Years
  • I assume so, but I'd be happy if someone tested this to give a concrete answer.

Can you tell me where you heard this? I have the Eon Ticket/Other Lati and Eon Flute has never changed on me. I've already put Latios (I have AS) in my party and traded/released Latias; Eon flute hasn't changed yet.

Years
  • Could the Hidden Ability Snivy be Wonder Trade locked?
    I've been trying to trade away a Snivy with Contrary for 15 minutes now. For over 10 attempts, I've got the message saying they couldn't find a trade partner for me.
    Yet, when I try to trade a Snivy with Overgrow I get a partner right away. Just now I traded my fourth Overgrow Snivy with no problems at all...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I've been trying to trade away a Snivy with Contrary for 15 minutes now. For over 10 attempts, I've got the message saying they couldn't find a trade partner for me.
    Yet, when I try to trade a Snivy with Overgrow I get a partner right away. Just now I traded my fourth Overgrow Snivy with no problems at all...
    Quite possibly if the Pokemon isn't legal. As it is, Snivy isn't supposed to have Contrary, as the code for it is only released later this week, and only usuable next year for Japan! That means your one is hacked, so the game is probably detecting that and blocking the trade from occurring.

Last edited:
    Years
  • OK, thanks Bobandbill. Well I've got about 14 useless (and hacked, apparently) Snivys with their Hidden Ability, Timid nature.
    Anyone wants them for the sake of having them, send me a PM. (The offspring without Hidden Ability are apparently considered legal since I can trade those)

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years

I got same messege with a regular pokemon I caught in game it just means that they could not connect to anyone it does not mean the snivy cant be traded I got mine contrary snivy from WT

Galmar

Banned
    Years
  • Thanks. Just wondering since I got the Eon Ticket from my friend and Norman won't let me go to the southern island until I can use mega evolution.

Camara

Forgettable Trainer
    Years
  • I need some help please.

In RSE I never cared about secret bases so no info from there.

Now in AS I built a secret base and I got the QR code for the Blisseys etc, and I also got 3 other QR codes, but

1) now it says I have the maximum number allowed (15) of favourites. Does that mean I can't add any more? Or can I erase some of the bases from the favourites and they will still be there?

2) how do we collect flags? (seriously lol). I think we have to go to someone's base and grab the flag. I can't battle the 15 favourites today because I added them today... but I suspect 15 isn't the maximum daily limit excluding the streetpass thing. So where are all those flags? Is there a way to keep

3) I know we can make other people our pals, but how does that compute with extra flags? Do we get flags by sharing our bases to other people through QR codes too?

4) Aarune doesn't want to go flag stuff thing right now because I don't have pals. What exactly will we do when I get some pals?

Sorry I'm a super secret base noob

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    I need some help please.

In RSE I never cared about secret bases so no info from there.

Now in AS I built a secret base and I got the QR code for the Blisseys etc, and I also got 3 other QR codes, but

1) now it says I have the maximum number allowed (15) of favourites. Does that mean I can't add any more? Or can I erase some of the bases from the favourites and they will still be there?

2) how do we collect flags? (seriously lol). I think we have to go to someone's base and grab the flag. I can't battle the 15 favourites today because I added them today... but I suspect 15 isn't the maximum daily limit excluding the streetpass thing. So where are all those flags? Is there a way to keep

3) I know we can make other people our pals, but how does that compute with extra flags? Do we get flags by sharing our bases to other people through QR codes too?

4) Aarune doesn't want to go flag stuff thing right now because I don't have pals. What exactly will we do when I get some pals?

Sorry I'm a super secret base noob

1) You can only have 15 bases in your Favourites. If you want to add one, you'll have to erase one. Now the thing is that I don't know if the bases disappear with the next message wave. I think they stay in the place they are, because I had to erase some of the bases to renew them.

2) There are two ways of collecting flags. The first one is going to every base and pick them 1 by 1. The other option is, when you get the Group status, you can invite some of the other bases' people. If you talk to them in your base, you may get some flags, but only if they have recolected flags in the previous 24 hours (I think). The easiest way to get flags this way is to invite people who have Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum flags

3) Answered

4) If you talk to him, you'll raise your base rank. Every time you get a new rank, more decoration items will be sold in that place. If you reach Platinum, you'll get the Garchompite

And for the kind, gentle, sweet... people from here ;P if I made a mistake, correct me

Camara

Forgettable Trainer
    Years
  • 1) You can only have 15 bases in your Favourites. If you want to add one, you'll have to erase one. Now the thing is that I don't know if the bases disappear with the next message wave. I think they stay in the place they are, because I had to erase some of the bases to renew them.

2) There are two ways of collecting flags. The first one is going to every base and pick them 1 by 1. The other option is, when you get the Group status, you can invite some of the other bases' people. If you talk to them in your base, you may get some flags, but only if they have recolected flags in the previous 24 hours (I think). The easiest way to get flags this way is to invite people who have Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum flags

3) Answered

4) If you talk to him, you'll raise your base rank. Every time you get a new rank, more decoration items will be sold in that place. If you reach Platinum, you'll get the Garchompite

And for the kind, gentle, sweet... people from here ;P if I made a mistake, correct me

Thanks.
    Those flags seem that they will take an eternity, 1000 seem mindblowing to me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back