• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    How are Vivillon patterns determined in our ORAS games?
    Are they the same in X&Y where it depends on which country you're from?

Not what country you're from, but the region your 3DS is set to once you start the game. And even then, you are limited to what regions you can set your 3DS to based on what country you bought your 3DS in. So for example, I bought mine in Canada so I was able to set my region to Hawaii when I started my X game in order to get the Ocean Pattern, however I cannot change my region to anything in Japan or Russia however. Also, once you start a game you cannot change the region in game even if you change the region back in your 3DS (which you will need to do if you want to access the eShop again if you set your region outside the country you reside in, as I had to do when I changed my region from a Canadian province to an American state) and to answer your question, as far as what I've read, yes, the region rules still apply the same way they work in X and Y

Alumens

Dreamer
    Years
  • Regarding the gameplay, should I get that Shiny Beldum event? Is he OP? I know Metagross is strong but I don't want my adventure to be fairly easy with him in my party

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Regarding the gameplay, should I get that Shiny Beldum event? Is he OP? I know Metagross is strong but I don't want my adventure to be fairly easy with him in my party

Well, it expires Jan 14, so depending on where you live in the world, it's already expired so you can't get it at all. If I were you, I would get it and decide whether or not to use it later (If you can get it at all) as for it being overpowered, that's a really overused word. It knows some moves that a Beldum can't learn, but when it becomes metagross it can learn those moves anyway (except for hold back, although that is an excellent move to have early on when you want to catch wild pokemon) and it's IVs are all random like any other beldum, so besides the moves, it's really not any stronger or weaker than any other random wild beldum.

Alumens

Dreamer
    Years
  • Well, it expires Jan 14, so depending on where you live in the world, it's already expired so you can't get it at all. If I were you, I would get it and decide whether or not to use it later (If you can get it at all) as for it being overpowered, that's a really overused word. It knows some moves that a Beldum can't learn, but when it becomes metagross it can learn those moves anyway (except for hold back, although that is an excellent move to have early on when you want to catch wild pokemon) and it's IVs are all random like any other beldum, so besides the moves, it's really not any stronger or weaker than any other random wild beldum.

I did got it, I just don't want him to rampage over other trainers. I like when the battles are challenging :)
    Thanks for the answer :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Regarding the gameplay, should I get that Shiny Beldum event? Is he OP? I know Metagross is strong but I don't want my adventure to be fairly easy with him in my party

I did got it, I just don't want him to rampage over other trainers. I like when the battles are challenging :)
    Thanks for the answer :)

The event Beldum is great to use against Roxanne and Brawly if you're struggling against them for some reasons, as it knows moves that are strong against their type specialties in Iron Head and Zen Headbutt.

However, it does meh vs. Wattson (Magnemite and Magneton resist both Steel/Psychic, unless you taught it Bulldoze), falls flat against Flannery, is so-so against Norman (all 3 of his Pokemon know Feint Attack, which is super effective), does okay against Winona and Wallace and does an excellent job against Tate and Liza.

Regarding the Elite 4, Metagross fails vs. Sidney and Phoebe, but does well vs. Glacia and Drake. It's a stalemate vs. Steven, though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2016
    Eh, think I might just do it anyway

I'd like to delete my save file in OR and start the game over, but before I do, I need to know: will it also erase the Eon ticket I got from Streetpass?

I kind of want to try a Nuzlocke run, and I want to catch all the legendaries again (after the game except Groudon and Latios. I have Pokemon Bank, so I can just deposit them and not use them. You can Soar on Latios even if he's not in your PC, but you just can't battle with him).

I really love Latias, but I do have one now thanks to the Eon Ticket. Even if I can't catch her again, I can't catch any other legends if I don't replay the game. Besides, I passed the Eon Ticket to some people at my local game shop hangout.

Info would be appreciated, but if none shows up soon, I'll just share what I learned from trying it.

Last edited:

Zaiato

Captain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    Can you catch Hidden Ability pokemon using the dexnav? I am trying to get a Sableye with Prankster.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Can you catch Hidden Ability pokemon using the dexnav? I am trying to get a Sableye with Prankster.

Yes. The higher the search level, the higher chance there can be a HA.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok so to increase the search level all I have to do is just keep searching and K.Oing them?
    Just keep encountering them to increase the search level. You don't even have to KO them.

Zaiato

Captain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    Just keep encountering them to increase the search level. You don't even have to KO them.

Well my game is broken I sneak up on them and they still run away I have tried time and time again and even moving as slow as possible the second I come in sight of them they run.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Well my game is broken I sneak up on them and they still run away I have tried time and time again and even moving as slow as possible the second I come in sight of them they run.

Is your character doing to sneaking animation. Maybe you're just taking too long, because after a little while they run on their own.

You can tell what they run from by what it says.
    If it says "The Pokemon Ran Away" or something like that, you took too long.
    If it says "You were spotted", it's exactly as it says, you were spotted because you were going to fast.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Hey I hope I'm not asking too many questions in one post, let me know if I am please. 1.) I have a pokemon (A shiny blastoise to be specific) that was a gift from an old friend and in it's description it says"Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Unova region." Now my cousin told me that if it has that description than it is for sure a hacked Pokemon, can somebody verify if this is true or not? And if so, please explain why because it's a bit disappointing.

2.) Is there a spot where it is possible to buy every Pokeball like in Lumioise of Kalos? I hate having to buy 10 poke balls just to get a premier ball.
    Thanks in advance :)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    1.) I have a pokemon (A shiny blastoise to be specific) that was a gift from an old friend and in it's description it says"Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Unova region." Now my cousin told me that if it has that description than it is for sure a hacked Pokemon, can somebody verify if this is true or not? And if so, please explain why because it's a bit disappointing.

It means that your PKMN is not bred or caught in the generation 6 games. It does not mean that it's hacked.
    But if you're still unsure, then you can post that shiny Blastoise's details in the [Hack/Scam Report Mega Thread].

2.) Is there a spot where it is possible to buy every Pokeball like in Lumioise of Kalos? I hate having to buy 10 poke balls just to get a premier ball.

Nope. Have fun buying ten 'balls to get a Premier Ball! ^_^

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Hey I hope I'm not asking too many questions in one post, let me know if I am please. 1.) I have a pokemon (A shiny blastoise to be specific) that was a gift from an old friend and in it's description it says"Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Unova region." Now my cousin told me that if it has that description than it is for sure a hacked Pokemon, can somebody verify if this is true or not? And if so, please explain why because it's a bit disappointing.

1). I'm pretty sure if it says that, it means it's been transferred from Black, White, Black 2, or White 2, doesn't mean it's hacked at all.

2) No, but you get a Premier Ball from buying 10 of any Pokeball now.

Nakala Pri

Guys, I caught a Groudon with the following IVs.
    Adamant: 31/30/31/7/31/31

Should I keep it or SR for a much slower Groudon?

I might be incredibly mistaken but I'm pretty sure, no matter how much you reset, it'll stay the same. I'm a noob but I think that IV's don't matter THAAAT much, depending on the way you play the game. xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Guys, I caught a Groudon with the following IVs.
    Adamant: 31/30/31/7/31/31

Should I keep it or SR for a much slower Groudon?

I might be incredibly mistaken but I'm pretty sure, no matter how much you reset, it'll stay the same. I'm a noob but I think that IV's don't matter THAAAT much, depending on the way you play the game. xD

I've soft-reset for a good Kyogre for days and the IVs changed each time.

Anyway, I'd actually keep that Groudon since Primal Groudon is very versatile up to the point that it's the new king of Ubers. Some Primal Groudon actually run Speed investment, like the Rock Polish variant.

Years
  • Alright, so I know that Primal Groudon/Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza's abilities can't be overlapped with a move like Sunny Day or Rain Dance. But can they if they're used by a Pokémon with Mold Breaker (or, for that matter, Teravolt or Turboblaze)? Those allow one to negate abilities like Sturdy and Levitate, but the super weather ones I haven't seen. I would check, but I can't because I already caught Groudon as I have...

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Alright, so I know that Primal Groudon/Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza's abilities can't be overlapped with a move like Sunny Day or Rain Dance. But can they if they're used by a Pokémon with Mold Breaker (or, for that matter, Teravolt or Turboblaze)? Those allow one to negate abilities like Sturdy and Levitate, but the super weather ones I haven't seen. I would check, but I can't because I already caught Groudon as I have...

All ability-stopping abilities, like the ones you mentioned, don't stop any weather abilities.
    So no, they don't stop Primal Groudon/Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza's abilities. And since it doesn't stop them, you can't overlap them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back