• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • You'll have to breed better and better Shinx until you get both parents with 5IV's. If you want your own 5IV/Perfect ditto, you'll have to look for one in trade corner or be lucky that someone might be generous enough. Like I've said, just PM me and we will talk about it more.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    HELP! Can't battle anyone online.

I have Alpha Sapphire and I try to battle random people online and after I select my 6 Pokemon I wait but when the timer above the Pokemon selection reaches 1:20 it brings up an annoying communication error that disconnects me from the match. Also the same thing happens to me when I try to battle people online in Pokemon Y. Also I'm not sure of its the Pokemon that I own but a majority of the Pokemon I own in those 2 games were created by my Action Replay Powersaves Pro device which are all level 100 shinies while some being legendaries while others not being legendaries. Also I used other cheats such as all TMs and HMs, I used my cheats to add mega and primal stones to the game, I used my cheats for master balls and finally I used my cheats to get lots of Rare Candies. Do all of my cheats make the game act this way or could it be something else because back when I played Pearl and Platinum I used the Action Replay to get level 100s, get a higher amount of EXP for each bdoimg and many rare items and other important stuff and used to even mess up online matches by using my cheats to make my Pokemon keep gaining and losing HP while getting hit and also made it so that 1 hit would kill a Pokemon. The match still worked in Pearl and Platinum despite those conditions. If it worked in Pearl and Platinum then why won't in work in Y and Alpha Sapphire because the only thing done in the newer current gens games are shiny level 100s and special stones along with rare candies and master balls. Please tell me if the Action Replay Powersaves cheats are doimg this to my Y and Alpha Sapphire or whether it is something else that is causing this to happen.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    If they are obvious hacked pokemon then yes the game wont let you fight online with them but I believe this would give a different message and not just error.

Try it with a normal caught pokemon and see if you can get past that bit. Other than that check you're close to your wifi router etc for signal strength and have updated your 3DS and game to the latest versions.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Obviously, it's the hack check that flush you out of the online battles. Try using legit pokemons from now on in online play.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Obviously, it's the hack check that flush you out of the online battles. Try using legit pokemons from now on in online play.

obviously you saw hacked and blamed it on that as the hack check only happens when you choose your party (Ie Choose between your battle box or your party) if he didn't get the message then we know it wasn't the hacked pokemon and it could be something else like the router's firewall blocking the port to be accessed or something is wrong with the game or 3ds.

Years
  • any idea how to get a dusk stone? I've rematched the hex maniac about 20 times, and I'm so sick of secret super training yet nothing to show for all effort.. sucks how hard this stone is to get

Years
  • any idea how to get a dusk stone? I've rematched the hex maniac about 20 times, and I'm so sick of secret super training yet nothing to show for all effort.. sucks how hard this stone is to get

As far as I know, rebattling Hex Maniac Valerie and/or doing Secret Super Training are the only methods to obtain Dusk Stones, and while there's also the daily Inverse Battle in Mauville City it is still a pain since you need to land at least 7 super-effective hits and even then, you may not get the stones you want.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Sorry if this not belong here, but the new dragonite event coming out on the 22nd, is it possible for it to be shiny or no?

Probably not. It should be by all means after the shiny Charizard event, but isn't for whatever reason.

Nidorina of Time Lord

Waiting for the Sun to come...
    Years
  • Hi! This is more hypothetical and could apply to any 6th gen game, but since I'm playing OR, I'll ask here.

What happens if one were to change their 3DS clock while I'm playing in an attempt to obtain certain things? Would it even work? Will it mess up the game? Is that cheating?

Just curious is all, I probably wouldn't do it.

Years
  • Hi! This is more hypothetical and could apply to any 6th gen game, but since I'm playing OR, I'll ask here.

What happens if one were to change their 3DS clock while I'm playing in an attempt to obtain certain things? Would it even work? Will it mess up the game? Is that cheating?

Just curious is all, I probably wouldn't do it.

If you change your 3DS clock, it disrupts all time-based events for around 72 hours. That means you have to wait 2 whole days before it all resets back to normal.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Just want to make sure my presumption is correct:

I have a Poison Touch Seismitoad and want it to have 4 of the following 5 moves:
    Ice Punch
    Payback
    Poison Jab
    Earthquake
    Drain Punch

So out of those options, the best choice seems to be Ice Punch, Payback, Earthquake, Drain Punch which yields neutral damage to 195 Pokemon while being super effective against everything else (583 to be exact) so even though I REALLY wanted poison jab (for obvious reasons, even though 3 of my moves already make contact so would poison anyway, but I liked the idea of poison jab as it raised the chance of poison even more) is this the best selection of moves given the choices given? (Because even though it has a lot more special moves, most if not all the special moves don't make contact so therefore Poison Touch wouldn't work with a special Seismitoad) or is there something I'm not seeing and there would actually be a better combo of physical moves? Thanks!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Spoiler:

I do not mean to sound rude, but I believe you should ask competitive battles and strategy-related questions in the Battling & Team Building section's Moveset Help & Other Questions thread.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I do not mean to sound rude, but I believe you should ask competitive battles and strategy-related questions in the Battling & Team Building section's Moveset Help & Other Questions thread.

Every time I do I always get people jumping down my throat about how the moves I want "aren't competitive" and I should only use this that or the other move set or else I'm too stupid to play this game, and now I get people jumping down my throat here too, so I guess I just won't ask for move set help from anyone ever. :'(

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Every time I do I always get people jumping down my throat about how the moves I want "aren't competitive" and I should only use this that or the other move set or else I'm too stupid to play this game, and now I get people jumping down my throat here too, so I guess I just won't ask for move set help from anyone ever. :'(
    welcome to the world of competitive anything

Just want to make sure my presumption is correct:

I have a Poison Touch Seismitoad and want it to have 4 of the following 5 moves:
    Ice Punch
    Payback
    Poison Jab
    Earthquake
    Drain Punch

So out of those options, the best choice seems to be Ice Punch, Payback, Earthquake, Drain Punch which yields neutral damage to 195 Pokemon while being super effective against everything else (583 to be exact) so even though I REALLY wanted poison jab (for obvious reasons, even though 3 of my moves already make contact so would poison anyway, but I liked the idea of poison jab as it raised the chance of poison even more) is this the best selection of moves given the choices given? (Because even though it has a lot more special moves, most if not all the special moves don't make contact so therefore Poison Touch wouldn't work with a special Seismitoad) or is there something I'm not seeing and there would actually be a better combo of physical moves? Thanks!
    Ice Punch, Drain Punch, and Earthquake are definitely ones to go with because of the great coverage they provide, so it's the Payback slot that's up in the air. In addition to Payback and Poison Jab, 2 other options are Knock Off and Grass Knot. Knock Off got really good and is easier to obtain this gen. Removing the opponent's item is mad useful and depending on the Speed investment you're using on Seismitoad will probably deal more damage more consistently than Payback. Grass Knot is, for some reason, a contact move and so gets the poison chance and while it's a special move it'll still do lots of damage to 4x Grass weak stuff like Gastrodon, opposing Seismitoad, etc.

idk why Seismitoad doesn't get any physical Water STAB though

Evan30071

Evan Nguyen
    Years
  • Mystery Gift Question

How do you receive the mystery gift option? I just started so I don't really know how to activate it.

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • Is it possible to find a random battle match-up with Flat Rules, but use 6 Pokemon rather than 3?
    Also, can I find a match-up by randomly searching? Instead of having to ask people on the PSS and having to wait for them to agree...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back