• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Is it possible to find a random battle match-up with Flat Rules, but use 6 Pokemon rather than 3?
    Also, can I find a match-up by randomly searching? Instead of having to ask people on the PSS and having to wait for them to agree...

All Single Battle Spot battles (the format that uses random battle match-up and Flat Rules) require you to pick 3 Pokemon out of your team before a battle. All Battle Spot opponents are decided at random. If you want to have 6-on-6 battles, finding passers-by on the PSS is your best bet, I'm afraid.

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • All Single Battle Spot battles (the format that uses random battle match-up and Flat Rules) require you to pick 3 Pokemon out of your team before a battle. All Battle Spot opponents are decided at random. If you want to have 6-on-6 battles, finding passers-by on the PSS is your best bet, I'm afraid.

Well that sucks =/
    Thanks for the answer.

DracoLatch

http://www.pokecommunity.com/s
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2022
    Is there a specific breeding terminology for when someone purposely breeds ONLY to fill up their PC box- not for IV's, Ev's, egg moves, or shinies? I really just call it "Spam breeding" sense I'm breeding and like spamming I'm trying to flood all the available spaces...

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    Pokemon Bank Unavailable?

Yo,

Has anyone tried to download Pokemon Bank recently? I know it came out more than a year ago, but I figured it should still be available for download. I searched for it on the eShop and also scanned the QR code on the official website, but I keep getting a message that it's unavailable for download. I also tried doing this sometime in March, same thing. Were you only able to download it in that trial period? Has it been taken down? Is there something I'm not doing right? The info on the official site seems to indicate that it's still available, and I've searched the internet for potential answers but haven't really found anything.

Years
  • Hmm I don't know. I was able to download it last week just fine. This is a definite stretch but are you trying to download the update for it cause that won't work? Search Poke Bank in the Eshop and scroll ALLLLL the way to the right till you get to just "Poke Bank" as the title and download that first. Like I said, it's very unlikely that that's what's tripping you up, but that's all I can think of what you're doing wrong. Hope you get it solved!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Is your system all the way updated? I don't remember any updates for PokeBank but just in case, make sure your system is updated because they may have released a newer version that may be incompatible or something. Can you download other games from the eShop just to see if it's an issue relating to PokeBank or your internet/eShop or whatever?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • How do you receive the mystery gift option? I just started so I don't really know how to activate it.

I looked it up and it says that the option should already be on your startup menu? If not, play until you have received the Pokedex and then check.

Merging with Quick Questions thread.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    Figured it out- I had the region setting on my 3DS to El Salvador for some reason. Switched it to USA, solved the problem. Idk how or why it was set like that. Thanks for the replies guys.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Is there a specific breeding terminology for when someone purposely breeds ONLY to fill up their PC box- not for IV's, Ev's, egg moves, or shinies? I really just call it "Spam breeding" sense I'm breeding and like spamming I'm trying to flood all the available spaces...
    Just out of curiosity, why would you want to fill all of the space in your PC? Isn't that counter-productive?

Reactions: Sun

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    After coming across a list of all pokeball designs, i've seen ones i don't have but would like. I know you can get pokemon traded in certain balls. But can someone tell me if any of the designs are not available anymore?
    I mean, ones i've seen that i really like are :
    *Transparent Ball, Captain's Ball, Green Ball, Yellow Park Ball, GS Ball, Giant Stone Ball, Gold Ball, Pokelantis Ball, Crystal Ball, Team Rocket/Magma/Aqua/Plasma Balls, Typing Ball, Dark Ball and Pester Ball.
    If these balls are not available anymore then i shall remove them off my items trade thread.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    After coming across a list of all pokeball designs, i've seen ones i don't have but would like. I know you can get pokemon traded in certain balls. But can someone tell me if any of the designs are not available anymore?
    I mean, ones i've seen that i really like are :
    *Transparent Ball, Captain's Ball, Green Ball, Yellow Park Ball, GS Ball, Giant Stone Ball, Gold Ball, Pokelantis Ball, Crystal Ball, Team Rocket/Magma/Aqua/Plasma Balls, Typing Ball, Dark Ball and Pester Ball.
    If these balls are not available anymore then i shall remove them off my items trade thread.
    The GS Ball was apparently a special event item that was only distributed for Crystal, so that's not available to any other generation besides the 2nd. Pester Balls aren't even PokeBalls and are only in Pokemon Snap, and Typing Balls only exist in some learn-to-type Pokemon game. Dark Balls might be something from one of the console Pokemon games. The rest of those don't exist in any of the games as far as I know. You might wanna look at this page too: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Poké_Ball

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    The GS Ball was apparently a special event item that was only distributed for Crystal, so that's not available to any other generation besides the 2nd. Pester Balls aren't even PokeBalls and are only in Pokemon Snap, and Typing Balls only exist in some learn-to-type Pokemon game. Dark Balls might be something from one of the console Pokemon games. The rest of those don't exist in any of the games as far as I know. You might wanna look at this page too: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Poké_Ball

Well that sucks :(
    Oh well, thankyou for letting me now anyways :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2015
    Hey guys, i have a question, a friend and I want to go into 4 trainers battles (2v2), but we dont have whom to battle xD is there any way to get into the battle spot or something like that so they match us against other trainers?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hey guys, i have a question, a friend and I want to go into 4 trainers battles (2v2), but we dont have whom to battle xD is there any way to get into the battle spot or something like that so they match us against other trainers?

Online multi battles (the format you talked about) are possible in the PSS, though you may have to actually find 2 more people in the real world, as it's tricky to do that online. Multi battles (2 players vs 2 players) aren't possible in Battle Spot; the only formats available are singles, doubles, triples, and rotations.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2015
    Possible hacked pokemon

So I finally got around to battleing and trading with my friend who had Omega Ruby. When i saw his box he had about 20 diffrent pokemon that were shiny and six IV. Some examples were greninja, aegislash, celebi and hydreigon. He claimed that he got half of them from just walking around. Do you thing that mosty of his pokemon were hacked because im not good at spotting hacked pokemon. thanks.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Maybe, though if they look legit (have legal moves, abilities, locations, dates, etc) then there's no way to tell for sure. Sometimes Passerby trainers DO trade shiny Pokemon (they've traded me some) and it's not really that hard to breed shiny 6IV Pokemon now because you can breed a 6IV Pokemon and find someone with a Trainer Shiny Value that matches the egg's shiny value to make the Pokemon shiny. He might have gotten them all from trading, even if it looks odd. I have a couple boxes of shinies and my brother is always confused as to where I got them :P But I'm pretty sure they're legit, and it's possible that they all are... but they could also be hacks. Sorry, there isn't really a way to tell.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    So I finally got around to battleing and trading with my friend who had Omega Ruby. When i saw his box he had about 20 diffrent pokemon that were shiny and six IV. Some examples were greninja, aegislash, celebi and hydreigon. He claimed that he got half of them from just walking around. Do you thing that mosty of his pokemon were hacked because im not good at spotting hacked pokemon. thanks.

The only thing that I know is really hacked is shiny Celebi, because there is no shiny Celebi that is legally and legitimately distributed in any PKMN games.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    What horde gives Special Defense EVs? I would check this page but my internet is actually so slow right now that I can't even load it.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
    Years
  • Is there anything to Deoxys then just catching it in the Delta episode? If you go back to the Space Center afterwards they ask you if you find info on Deoxys to tell them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back