• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • What horde gives Special Defense EVs? I would check this page but my internet is actually so slow right now that I can't even load it.

According to Serebii, the hordes that yield Sp. Defense EVs are Swablu, Kecleon, Spoink and Lotad (Alpha Sapphire only). You can find out their locations here: http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/hordes.shtml

Is there anything to Deoxys then just catching it in the Delta episode? If you go back to the Space Center afterwards they ask you if you find info on Deoxys to tell them.

I guess you just catch it, because I don't recall the people in the Space Center mentioning Deoxys. I may be wrong though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Oh thanks for the prompt reply. c: So if I soft reset for the starter, I would still have the rayquaza and deoxys?

When SRing for a starter, does it appear shiny when choosing the starter or is it shown during the battle?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2015
    Do you need X and Y to trade in these games? Or can you trade among the Alpha/Omega users?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Hmm I see. Hopefully nothing too important, then.
    Basically what you can't trade to X/Y from ORAS is all the Mega Stones introduced in ORAS (like Lopunnite or Beedrillite), the Red and Blue Orbs, and any Groudons, Kyogres, and Rayquazas that know Precipice Blades, Origin Pulse, or Dragon Ascent, respectively.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Basically what you can't trade to X/Y from ORAS is all the Mega Stones introduced in ORAS (like Lopunnite or Beedrillite), the Red and Blue Orbs, and any Groudons, Kyogres, and Rayquazas that know Precipice Blades, Origin Pulse, or Dragon Ascent, respectively.

I would like to add on that, you can trade Latiosite and Latiasite to XY, despite they are not obtainable in XY. As they were programmed in Pokémon XY. Otherwise everything is as Nah says.

Years
  • I'm getting the game in about a week's time. I just have a question about DexNaving.

Is it wise to start chaining for good Egg Moves on certain Pokemon before I beat the Elite Four / Delta Episode or should I just try to limit my chain to 5-10 to not be overlevelled and risk whiting out when trying to catch that Pokemon?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm getting the game in about a week's time. I just have a question about DexNaving.

Is it wise to start chaining for good Egg Moves on certain Pokemon before I beat the Elite Four / Delta Episode or should I just try to limit my chain to 5-10 to not be overlevelled and risk whiting out when trying to catch that Pokemon?
    I would suggest actual breeding than chaining for Egg Moves, as the moves from DexNav come randomly.

Here's what I gathered from Bulbapedia when it comes to your concern about the overlevel.
    Hidden Pokémon can be 10 levels higher than the level otherwise possible in that area. If a Pokémon is at a higher level due to this, an exclamation mark will appear next to its level. Whenever this occurs, the Pokémon will also have an egg move as its first move.
    • By chaining hidden Pokémon, a separate bonus of up to 20 levels can also be reached (making the total possible bonus +30 levels).
    Yes, there is a chance you'll be whited out if you aren't careful.
    DexNav_Hidden_Pokemon_high_Search_Level.jpg

As the image shows, this Skitty is Level 8. In the same matter, when you're really hunting for a Pokémon just watch out for the level.

While there are risks and the Egg Moves are totally random, DexNav undeniably is a good method for hunting Pokémon with Hidden Abilities.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    Pretty New Here & Need Some Help...

I just posted a thread the other day and it was for the sake of exchanging Friend Codes w/ other players. It got taken down, so I obviously posted it in the wrong place. Where do we exchange FCs for OR&AS? I thought it would be in this section since this is the OR&AS forum. Thanks, guys.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back