• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    Suggest a mid game Pokemon for me

Playing through Crystal right now and I'm wondering if there is a good Pokemon early/mid game I should replace with for my graveler while still keeping a well rounded team. Keep in mind this is online so I wont be able to trade and it'll have to stay in-game acquireable.

I really want tyranitar but thats way too close to the end and I want to have fun during the whole thing!
    Looking for any suggestions and move sets to replace my graveler

My Pokemon so far:

-Quilava

-crobat

-staryu

-elekid

-haunter

-graveler(replace this)

I'd like something to keep the team balanced

*how do you guys feel about heracross?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Pokemon X:
    I need some advice on what to do with my shiny Roselia, please. I intend to evolve her into Roserade, but I tested it out and found that she can't learn her moves back from the Move Reminder (thankfully I saved before evolving her as a precaution).

She was a shiny I found during Pokeradar, so she doesn't have the best of natures (-Atk, +Def), but thankfully has no penalties in her SAtk or Spd. I was thinking of using her as a special sweeper, or possibly Lead.

I was thinking of these moves:
    Toxic Spikes
    Petal Dance (since she has no opportunity to learn Leaf Storm)
    Ingrain
    Hidden Power (Rock)

Holding - Black Sludge

What are some of the best moves I should keep on her before evolving her into Roserade? Would the above moveset be fine?

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Playing through Crystal right now and I'm wondering if there is a good Pokemon early/mid game I should replace with for my graveler while still keeping a well rounded team. Keep in mind this is online so I wont be able to trade and it'll have to stay in-game acquireable.

I really want tyranitar but thats way too close to the end and I want to have fun during the whole thing!
    Looking for any suggestions and move sets to replace my graveler

My Pokemon so far:

-Quilava

-crobat

-staryu

-elekid

-haunter

-graveler(replace this)

I'd like something to keep the team balanced

*how do you guys feel about heracross?
    Heracross is a good choice IMO. But why don't you consider Exeggutor in Haunter's place? Haunter is weak to Ground types, while Exeggutor can tank them. You can get Leaf Stones from Picnicker Gina at Route 34, if you have her phone number. If you don't have it yet, just talk to her.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    Heracross is a good choice IMO. But why don't you consider Exeggutor in Haunter's place? Haunter is weak to Ground types, while Exeggutor can tank them. You can get Leaf Stones from Picnicker Gina at Route 34, if you have her phone number. If you don't have it yet, just talk to her.

I would but I use haunter as my "catch all Pokemon" Pokemon with its hypnosis/mean look/lick combo to whittle down hp and such to catch everything

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2014
    Help build my team!

I've got 1 spot left on my team an I'm struggling to fill it. Feel free to comment on my team now though. I've currently got;

Flygon
    Lucario
    Jolteon
    Tyranitar
    Noivern

I'm thinking Scizor but already got steel in Lucario.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Why not try Volcarona? You could catch Larvesta in Friend Safari, I believe, then all you need to do is train it up to level fifty-nine. For moveset, I'd suggest Flamethrower, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, and Roost. If you like, you could replace Flamethrower with Fiery Dance. With this, you could hurt your opponent while still boosting your Special Attack stat. You could go with Fire Blast as well, but it isn't always accurate though.

Also, just so you know, I'm moving your thread to Battle Center. ^^"

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Hi is this a good moveset for feraligatr on FireRed?

Earthquake
    Surf
    Slash/Body slam
    Hyper beam

with a nature that increases Atk/Sp.Atk and decreases Sp. Def/Speed

Im not happy with it though as it has 1/0 moves that it actually learns and I dont like getting natures that decrease any def stat but if I'm going to have hyper beam i guess I need speed. Any thoughts?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    You should probably replace Hyper Beam with Swords Dance. After only one usage of it, you should be able to take down your opponent's entire team with Feraligatr. Either that, or try Ice Beam. (: Hyper Beam's all right, but it makes you unable to move for the next turn though, which, if you ask me, isn't worth it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Quick moveset question:
    I have a Timid Drought Ninetales
    Flamethrower
    Wil-o-wisp
    Solar beam
    Hypnoses

Hypnoses was the one i was thinking of changing but wasnt sure. Should i go for Hidden Power? (it type is Ice) or confuse ray? or should i keep it as Hypnoses?

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • Quick moveset question:
    I have a Timid Drought Ninetales
    Flamethrower
    Wil-o-wisp
    Solar beam
    Hypnoses

Hypnoses was the one i was thinking of changing but wasnt sure. Should i go for Hidden Power? (it type is Ice) or confuse ray? or should i keep it as Hypnoses?

Which generation are you playing? Since it has Solarbeam, Sunny Day will be the most beneficial move over the rest. 1. It boost fire type moves and 2. You can use Solarbeam 4 times in a row without storing in sunlight.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • **** I need to play X & Y. You EV train your Ninetales and all that or no? Is it competitive or in-game? He's weak to water, rock, and ground and those are all covered with Solarbeam so everything's good there. Just to give him more of a type advantage, Psychic could be a good choice as well. It's not a STAB move but neither is Solarbeam but if EV trained in special attack both Solarbeam and Psychic is a good combination for Ninetales.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Not really super competitve but good enough to do player battles for fun. Its untuched atm was going to do max in speed and satk. Its hidden power is ice would that be better over phycic?

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • Not really, Psychic's base power is higher than Hidden Power, Psychic is 90 BP and has a chance to lower SDEF while Hidden Power doesn't have that ability. Hidden Power just makes it super effective against rock/ground which Solarbeam does that and Flying which isn't much. When Psychic will give you an advantage over; Ghost, bug and Fighting where Flamethrower won't do other than Bug. But Bug types aren't an issue cause of Flamethrower so it's really up to you. Personally, I'd go with Psychic just cause it gives you a little more breathing room. With a full EV'd Ninetales in SATK Psychic will do a decent amount of damage STAB or not.

EDIT: Hidden Power also will help against Dragons but it's still up to you.

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    I don't think he should be using a Ninetales offensively. Flamethrower and Solarbeam have great coverage, though I know some people who don't bother with Solarbeam. It depends on what kind of support your team needs. I run Will o Wisp to cut Attack on the opposing team, but Toxic is also good if you want to force a switch or stall a Pokemon you know you can. Hypnosis also works because it can force a switch or put something dangerous to sleep for a free switch next turn.

I've run my Ninetales in various ways, here are some of the movesets.
    - Flamethrower, Will o Wisp, Toxic, Protect
    - Flamethrower, Toxic, Protect, Substitute
    - Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Roar, Toxic

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2014
    I just caught a Skiddo, and I want to keep it on my team because it's shiny. Its got Lax nature. Whats a good moveset, and what ev's should I give it?

I've got

Jolteon- High speed, special attack
    Noivern- High defence, speed and special attack
    Gengar- All rounder, used mostly for Destiny Bond
    Tyranitar- High attack, defence
    Lucario- High attack, speed and special attack

I'm still new to Pokemon and any help is appreciated,
    Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I were you, I'd most likely go with Horn Leech, Payback, Bulk Up, and Milk Drink. After one use of Bulk Up, Skiddo would be ready to take down almost all members of your opponent's team. With Milk Drink, it could recover itself whenever it needs to. If you like, you could replace Payback with Rock Slide. This move doesn't have hundred-percent accuracy though, so be aware—it may not always land on your opponent successfully. :p You could replace Horn Leech with Leaf Blade as well, but I'd personally keep it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2014
    [Team Help] pokemon X general team

Hello! I am a fairly new member to this community. I posted a similar thread like this, but it got moved, and someone recommended me to this forum. I am not looking for a very competitive team, just one that can hold its own in most situations. Here are the traits to the team I want:

-Must include a kalos starter

-Must include a mega evolving pokemon

-The team must be resistant to every type and super effective (can't think of another way to word it) against every type

-all pokemon within the team must be acquirable during the story line, before the elite four, and does not require trading or breeding to aquire.

I currently have beaten the game, but got bored and decided to restart it. I will not be getting the pokemon and trading them over to my game (as my game has already been deleted), so please keep this in mind. This may be a difficult task, but I will be severely thankful to whoever can fulfill it. If you have any question, you may message me or post your question inside of the thread and I will respond as soon as possible. Thank you! :D

Hello! I am a fairly new member to this community. I posted a similar thread like this, but it got moved, and someone recommended me to this forum. I am not looking for a very competitive team, just one that can hold its own in most situations. Here are the traits to the team I want:

-Must include a kalos starter

-Must include a mega evolving pokemon

-The team must be resistant to every type and super effective (can't think of another way to word it) against every type

-all pokemon within the team must be acquirable during the story line, before the elite four, and does not require trading or breeding to aquire.

I currently have beaten the game, but got bored and decided to restart it. I will not be getting the pokemon and trading them over to my game (as my game has already been deleted), so please keep this in mind. This may be a difficult task, but I will be severely thankful to whoever can fulfill it. If you have any question, you may message me or post your question inside of the thread and I will respond as soon as possible. Thank you! :D

I guess I'll get the ball rolling, this was the team I had in mind, I'm just looking for help to better it.

Greninja (water/dark)

dark pulse
    waterfall
    surf
    (recommendation?)

Charizard @ Charizardite X (fire/flying -> fire dragon mega evolved)

rock smash
    fly
    dragon claw
    flare blitz

Aegislash (ghost/steel)

King's shield
    ironhead
    sacred sword
    shadow claw

Gardevior (psychic/fairy)

Thunderbolt
    moonblast
    psychic
    return

roserade (grass/poison)

magical leaf
    venoshock
    toxic
    cut

mamoswine (ground/ice)

earthquake
    strength
    ice beam
    dig

If you see any flaws and have any recommendations, please quote this post and tell me them! thank you! :D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back