• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    I'd love any input on my team! I'm playing black 2 and just finished up at the
    nimbasa gym. the movesets are not where i'd like them to be but i've never been good at that and also i figure it's still early. also i need someone to teach cut

trapinch - lvl 32
    dig
    mud slap
    rock slide
    bulldoze

lucario - lvl 30
    strength
    bone rush
    force palm
    counter

dewott - lvl 30
    revenge
    razor shell
    water gun
    water pulse

jolteon - lvl 31
    pin missile
    thunder fang
    quick attack
    bite

growlithe - lvl 30
    flame burst
    flame wheel
    reversal
    fire fang

sigilyph - lvl 30
    psywave
    air cutter
    psybeam
    light screen

Years
  • So my planned x team is
    Chestnaught
    Blaziken
    Blastoise
    Slamence
    That weird ice thing thats like half of a dinosaur
    And meowstic.
    How does that sound and what could i replace with what?

STS

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Well, now I'm planning a really BEAST team, and here are my current choices, choices are up to Gen V

1. Gengar
    This guy is just a real BEAST! His crazy high Special Attack and Speed just helps me own anybody like a boss!
    2. Gyarados
    This thing is the only Pokemon that can match up with the all powerful Dragonite, because it can learn Ice Beam, Flamethrower and Thunderbolt! Its stats are strong too, but of course, the move pool is really, really great!
    3. Dragonite
    One word, BEAST. Still the strongest, staying the strongest. Widest movepool, BEAST stats. Who wouldn't love Dragonite?
    4. Starmie
    Not 100% sure about Starmie, but anyhow, Starmie can easily defeat a variety of types. It's Special Attack is really strong, and it can learn moves like Psychic, Thunderbolt, Surf, Recover, and a ton more. The only reason why I'm not sure about this is because it VERY easily loses to Ghost, Dark and Electric types.
    5. Tyranitar
    Attack is BEAST, Health is BEAST, Defense and Special Defense are BEAST. Speed is, well, crap. Anyhow, Tyranitar is literally a TANK, even a Water type using Surf couldn't K.O it.
    6. Metagross
    Really great stats, and thanks to it's high defense, it can counter most Fighting type moves (except Focus Blast), and thanks to it's strong defense, again, it won't die too easily against Fire nor Ground types.

Problem is: 3 of the Pokemon I chose are weak against Ground types. If the opponent uses a really quick Pokemon that knows Earthquake, I'm kinda done for.

Please help me improve this Pokemon team, and remember, NO legendaries and NO starters. I find both a little bit boring when brought into the game. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Three of your Pokémon are super-effective to ground? Are you sure? xD The only Pokémon I see weak to ground-types are Metagross and Tyranitar, which is two. Gengar does have a major weakness to ground, but its ability is Levitate, which grants you immunity over ground-type attacks. Out of the two Pokémon though, if you'd like to replace one of them, then I would personally replace Tyranitar. Tyranitar is quite bulky, but stats-wise, I think it can be proven that Metagross is faster, stronger, and a lot bulkier. :) So, what Pokémon would I replace it with? I'd probably choose Conkeldurr. Its Defense stat is pretty heavy, as well as its Attack. And after a Bulk Up, they become even heavier. Not only that, but it's also got a single typing, which keeps the amount of its weaknesses to a minimum. You could teach any move to this Pokémon that you like, and it should be able to execute them without any sort of issues. Just make sure that they're are physical, though, and not special. Also, try to have its ability set to Guts, so that whenever your opponent alters its status, its Attack power would gain a quick boost.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2013
    What should my 6th Pokemon be?

Hi, I am having trouble picking a 6th pokemon for my pokemon X team.
    I currently have:
    charmeleon
    ralta
    honedge
    tyrunt
    greninja

any suggestions are welcome
    thank you

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2013
    Hello, heres my planned team for pokemon Platinum, i simply picked pokemon that i liked, as such, my team doesnt really have a solid strategy, i wanna know if the pokemon that i picked or if my team is even half-good(and what tier they are used in competitive gaming) and what potential combos/strategies i have available:

Vaporeon/Milotic(It depends if i have the patience to capture and evolve a Feebas)
    Roserade
    Froslass
    Gardevoir
    Medicham (Meditite is cute but i dont really like Medicham, but its passable)

The only 6th pokemon that im planning on using is my HM slave.

Years
  • Looking for some advice

Hi guys, so I have a little yellow problem with my team, and I'm not sure what t do about it. I feel I've got a pretty solid team, balances, high stats, etc, but my Pikachu's stats are really low... Like, really low, even though he's in the same level range as everyone else, and I rarely use him in battles because of it. So, this is my team, and I have a couple options lined up, and I'd like some feedback.

Delphox lvl 61
    Talonflame lvl 61
    Simisage lvl 61
    Blastoise lvl 60
    Lucario lvl 62
    Pikachu lvl 60

I already have a few options in my PC that I've considered to help keep my team balanced, but I don't have any other electric Pokemon:
    Haunter lvl 31 (with Gengarite)
    Snover lvl 39 (with Abomasite)
    Umbreon lvl 50 (lacking dark-type moves)
    Jynx lvl 40
    Toxicroak lvl 40
    Tyrunt lvl 20

I'm totally open to other suggestions, I want to have the best team possible for the elite 4! Please help me! ♥

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2013
    Replace Simisage, theres other better choices regarding Grass Pokemon, something like a Roserade is a solid choice.

Replace Blastoise, theres better choices, try Vaporeon.

And get Umbreon on the team, Umbreon is an excellent wall and support, get wish, Baton Pass and Curse and uve got yourself a healer and solid stat booster for your team.

But then again, i havent played X and Y so im not sure if these pokemon are even in the game, but i hope i helped!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I would replace Pikachu with an Ampharos. Pikachu is quite fast, but other than its Speed, none of its stats are that great. Ampharos, on the other hand, has good HP, Special Defense, and an amazing Special Attack. Ampharos' got a bunch of special-based moves in its movepool, and thanks to its high Sp. Attack, it could take complete advantage of them. (: Thunderbolt, Focus Blast, Thunder Wave, and Dragon Pulse are moves that you should teach it. With Thunderbolt, you should have the chance to take down a variety of water- and flying-type Pokémon. Focus Blast—that's a risky move (as its accuracy is a little low), but with the help of it, you should be able to knock out almost any Pokémon in an instant. Thunder Wave should enable you to slow down any Pokémon that are too fast. And Dragon Pulse will lend you the power to take out various dragon Pokémon. Make Ampharos hold a Life Orb, and you're good to go! Life Orb reduces a bit of your health every time you launch an attack, though. If you wouldn't like that, then you should give it an Expert Belt. Expert Belt will increase the damage of your attacks by approximately twenty-percent if your opponent is super-effective to them. Not too bad, right? d:

Ampharos cannot be found in the wild in X and Y, unfortunately. If you'd like to get your hands onto one, then you have to catch a Mareep and evolve it. Mareep can be found on Route 12, I think. They're a bit rare, so if you want to raise the chances if you encountering them, then you would be required to use Sweet Scent. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Is my team okay?

Im getting pokemon y tomorrow (i think) and i did a little research and made a team! Is it okay for the gyms and elite four?

Chesnaught
    Charizard (Mega)
    Lucario (Mega)
    Gardevoir
    Lapras
    Tyrantrum

BTW im new here so i dont know if this is the correct place to put this so if you could help me, thanks :)

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I see nothing wrong with your team for a casual walkthrough. But remember, you can only use one Mega per battle.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2013
    Hello, heres my planned team for pokemon Platinum, i simply picked pokemon that i liked, as such, my team doesnt really have a solid strategy, i wanna know if the pokemon that i picked or if my team is even half-good(and what tier they are used in competitive gaming) and what potential combos/strategies i have available:

Vaporeon/Milotic(It depends if i have the patience to capture and evolve a Feebas)
    Roserade
    Froslass
    Gardevoir
    Medicham (Meditite is cute but i dont really like Medicham, but its passable)

The only 6th pokemon that im planning on using is my HM slave.

Bumping my own post because id love some feedback.

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • Three of your Pokémon are super-effective to ground? Are you sure? xD The only Pokémon I see weak to ground-types are Metagross and Tyranitar, which is two. Gengar does have a major weakness to ground, but its ability is Levitate, which grants you immunity over ground-type attacks. Out of the two Pokémon though, if you'd like to replace one of them, then I would personally replace Tyranitar. Tyranitar is quite bulky, but stats-wise, I think it can be proven that Metagross is faster, stronger, and a lot bulkier. :) So, what Pokémon would I replace it with? I'd probably choose Conkeldurr. Its Defense stat is pretty heavy, as well as its Attack. And after a Bulk Up, they become even heavier. Not only that, but it's also got a single typing, which keeps the amount of its weaknesses to a minimum. You could teach any move to this Pokémon that you like, and it should be able to execute them without any sort of issues. Just make sure that they're are physical, though, and not special. Also, try to have its ability set to Guts, so that whenever your opponent alters its status, its Attack power would gain a quick boost.

He has a Mega-Gengar probably, which doesn't have Levitate.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Okay I need some help making a decision for my Tyrantrum. EVs are 252 for Attack, 252 for Defense, and 6 Health. His planned moves are Rock Slide, Ice Fang, and Fire Fang. I can't decide on the last one, which is either Crunch or Earthquake. I've weighed the options here:

With Crunch I get a 50% increase from the ability, Strong Jaw. It also covers Psychic and Ghosts, who I am not too concerned with but that bonus damage is nothing to mess with. Earthquake however covers Rock, Poison, Electric, and Fire types. I believe Fire and Rock are covered, (Rock is effective on Rock, right?) leaving Electric and Poison. I am not too concerned about Electric types since they aren't really effective. I should also note that Fire Fang is up for replacement as well. What do you think I should do?

I would use this for the Battle Maison.

Last edited:

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
    Years
  • @Green

I'd replace Fire Fang with Crunch. Only thing you'd really need it for are Ice types, and Earthquake can cover that. So ditch Fire Fang and use Earth quake as the fourth move.

Right, so, pretty broad question, but would a Scolipede with the ability Speed Boost be good? It has pretty high attack and a decent movepool, so it could be a decent addition to a team. Recommendations?

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
    Years
  • Rate my main team in X/Y

I finished Pokemon X and Y in just 2 days, and it took me a while to think about my main team. So I'm going to show my team, I'll show their moveset, nature and their held items. Hope you like my team! Post in this thread if there is a move that I need to replace. (BTW, I'm playing X)

Greninja (Impish)- Lv. 80
    Held Item- Mystic Water
    Surf, Hydro Cannon, Waterfall, Ice Beam

Charizard (Serious)- Lv. 81
    Held Item- Charizardite X
    Flare Blitz, Dragon Rage, Fly, Blast Burn

Gogoat (Relaxed)- Lv. 76
    Held Item- King's Rock
    Earthquake, Leaf Blade, Seed Bomb, Aerial Ace

Heliolisk (Brave)- Lv. 75
    Held Item- Zap Plate
    Quick Attack, Thunderbolt, Parabolic Charge, Razor Wind

Tyrantrum (Naughty)- Lv. 77
    Held Item- Hard Stone
    Crunch, Head Smash, Strength, Earthquake

Lucario (Hasty)- Lv. 81
    Held Item- Lucarionite
    Close Combat, Extreme Speed, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse

That's my team, pls. rate.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I finished Pokemon X and Y in just 2 days, and it took me a while to think about my main team. So I'm going to show my team, I'll show their moveset, nature and their held items. Hope you like my team! Post in this thread if there is a move that I need to replace. (BTW, I'm playing X)
    Gave your team a review, you can find suggestions in bold. Hope this helps you!

Greninja (Modest)- Lv. 80
    Held Item- Mystic Water
    Surf, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Grass Knot
    Hate to break it to ya, but this is actually pretty bad. Impish lowers your special attack (one of the Ninja's highest stats) and increases its defense. (one of its lowest) Three moves of a type won't get you far either, imagine fighting another water type...

Grass knot will help you out on such occasions, allowing to dispatch water types with ease. Dark pulse is there because it benefits a lot from Greninja's Dark typing, and Ice beam is pretty much a must have.

Really, three moves of a single type is really a waste on a Pokemon. Hydro cannon is useless, using surf twice does more damage. The recharge turn can be lethal to you Pokemon, as it gives your opponent a free switch or move.

Flare Blitz, Dragon Claw, Fly, Earthquake

Again, Bast burn has the same disadvantages as Hydro cannon, so avoid using it. Dragon claw is able to deal more damage, and earthquake is a powerful attack able to do massive damage as well.

Gogoat (Relaxed)- Lv. 76
    Held Item-Leftovers
    Earthquake, Horn Leech, Bulk Up, Rock Slide
    Gogoat is a Pokemon with High Hp and attack. Relaxed increases your defense, at the cost of speed. Its speed is far from spectacular to begin with, so the drop isn't that bad, however, you're going to need some defensive moves to make the most out of the awesome goat.

Horn Leech allows you to recover precious HP, making Gogoat last longer. Rock Slide is a gift from above, since it gives you a chance to eliminate dangerous Flying, Fire, Ice and Bug Pokemon. Earthquake works really well together with Rock slide, and can also be used to beat Poison Pokemon. Bulk up is there to increase your stats, increasing the power of your moves, while decreasing any physical damage.

You could also swap Bulk up for Milk Drink, but that's only something you need to think about if you battle others a lot. Else just stick with Bulk up.

Held Item- Hard Stone
    Crunch, Head Smash, Dragon Claw, Earthquake
    Okay! Naughty increases your attack power, at the cost of special defense. You might've noticed , but Tyrantrum's attack is really good, and this nature makes it even better.

Ground and Rock work well together, so we're keeping those moves. I know this is a in-game team, but please try to get rid of Strength. Dragon Claw is much better, since its the same type as your Tyrantrum

Lucario (Hasty)- Lv. 81
    Held Item- Lucarionite
    Close Combat, Extreme Speed, Swords Dance/Power up Punch , Shadow Claw
    I'm daring to say that is the one given to you, right?

Anyways, its nature is decent, some extra speed never hurts, and Lucario's defenses were bad to begin with.

Try focusing on just one offensive stat. In my opinion, a physically oriented Lucario is much more lethal than a specially one.

Close Combat will be your main move, it's the strongest physical fighting move Lucario can learn, and does massive damage. Extremespeed is used against anything that might be faster.

As for the last two moves, Both Swords dance and Power up Punch allow you to increase its already high attack stat. Use Shadow Claw to counter psychic and ghost type who'd otherwise resist Close Combat and Extremespeed.

Heliolisk (Modest)- Lv. 75
    Held Item- Zap Plate
    Thunderbolt,
    Grass Knot, Focus Blast, Surf, Dark Pulse (pick three)
    Heliolisk is a fast Pokemon with high special attack. Its Brave nature puts it at a terrible disadvantage since it lowers its speed , while increasing its rather useless attack stat. You really need that speed, since its defenses are bad.

Modest on the other hand, raises special attack, at the cost of attack. (Note that the blue stat is decreased, while the red one is increased, this allows you to tell if a Pokemon is worth raising or not.)

In terms of moves, Quick attack, Parabolic Charge and Razor wind can both be dropped. Chances are rather high you won't survive turn needed to set up Razor wind, it also allows your opponent to switch their Pokemon that can easily counter it. Quick attack has a redeeming feature in priority, but really deals no significant damage, your better of using a more powerful special attack. Even though the draining effect from Parabolic Charge is nice, Heliolisk won't recover fast enough to make use of it, since its base power is low as well.

Grass Knot and Surf are hard hitting moves that allow you to take out ground types who'd else have no trouble finishing your Heliolisk off. Focus blast and Dark Pulse can provide you additional coverage, trading power for accuracy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Hey Everyone, I need some help with my party. First off this is my very first Pokemon game now before anyone says I'm a bandwagon-er I got this game because it seemed different from other Pokemon games and it really is. I'm loving it, but I have a problem: What should I use in my party? Currently I use Xerneas Lv.67, Greninja Lv.72, Mewtwo Lv.73, Lucairo Lv.74, Fearow Lv.82 and my HM slave is Lapras Lv.43. Now my questions are: How can I improve my party? What Pokemon should I add or remove?(I have about 20 safaris and plenty of stuff to trade for better Pokemon) and lastly, How can I level up low level Pokemon post game? Thank you to anyone who can help me out.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    Hi everyone,
    I want advice for a move set for my rhampardos.

He's level 62
    has the moves: zen headbutt, strength, dig, and screech.

I really don't want to get rid of screech, because it's really good with his stats (since he's naturally more inclined to higher attack stats).

How can I level up low level Pokemon post game? Thank you to anyone who can help me out.
    I recommend EXP share turned on, and giving the pokemon you want to train lucky egg. My boyfriend just keeps battling the elite 4 over and over again with these settings.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • @sicnarf193
    Greninja (Impish)- Lv. 80
    Held Item- Mystic Water
    Surf, Hydro Cannon, Waterfall, Ice Beam
    Yeah I know it sucks to not have a way to get around, but you should really have only 1 water type move unless one's priority. Not HC, because it'll leave you vulnerable. I say go with Waterfall, because your SAtk is lowered with Impish anyway. Then do Night Slash for STAB (use the relearner). Replace Ice Beam with Rock Slide because of SAtk being lowered. The last move can kinda be whatever you want, and Greninja gets kinda fun moves. So I suggest:
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Night Slash (Move Relearner)
    ~ Rock Slide (hits flying types that Ice Beam would have hit)(TM80 - found in Couriway Town)
    ~ Water Shuriken / Return / U-Turn / Power Up Punch / Strength (pick whichever you like best!)

Flare Blitz, Dragon Rage, Fly, Blast Burn
    Again, one fire move per! I'll just ignore Fly, because I realize it's annoying not to have it.
    ~ Fly
    ~ Flare Blitz
    ~ Dragon Claw (Victory Road)
    ~ Shadow Claw / Earthquake / Brick Break / Steel Wing / Rock Slide (again pick whichever)

Gogoat (Relaxed)- Lv. 76
    Held Item- King's Rock
    Earthquake, Leaf Blade, Seed Bomb, Aerial Ace
    Drop Seed Bomb for Double Edge, Brick Break, Wild Charge, or Milk Drink. Otherwise good.

Heliolisk (Brave)- Lv. 75
    Held Item- Zap Plate
    Quick Attack, Thunderbolt, Parabolic Charge, Razor Wind
    Drop either Tbolt or Parabolic Charge for something like Focus Blast, Surf or Dark Pulse.

Held Item- Hard Stone
    Crunch, Head Smash, Strength, Earthquake
    Drop either Head Smash or Strength for Dragon Claw.

Lucario (Hasty)- Lv. 81
    Held Item- Lucarionite
    Close Combat, Extreme Speed, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse
    Drop either CC or Aura for something like Shadow Ball, Psychic, EQ, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge, Dark Pulse, idk Lucario has lots of options!

@Lightyearz
    The Elite Four is a good place to go, but you also can't really heal between battles unless you have a lot of cash (which I didn't D:). If you have $100k, you should go to Restaurant Le Wow in Lumiose City, you battle Trainers with early-60s and you get more cash back than you would than if you battled E4 + amulet coin. A downside to that is, you can literally go through the entire E4 with just one Pokemon, meaning you can train 5 Pokemon with EXP share turned on, but if you want real cash in Le Wow you need to do Triple Battles, which mean you can only train 3 Pokemon really, because 3 of yours need to be mid-60s or higher in order to beat the opponents. You do get a lot of EXP (and money!!) though, because one of the trainers has an Audio/Alomomola/some other pink thing, which give out a lot of EXP. Also, iirc Lucky Egg doesn't work with EXP share.

@Kumo163
    So you pretty much have Zen Headbutt, Brick Break, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Dragon Tail, Strength, and Take Down to choose from if this is in Gen 6, which kinda sucks because there's a lot of fun things Rampardos can get from Gen 5. I say go with Earthquake / Dragon Tail / Stone Edge / Screech if you want to keep it, but if you decide to get rid of it then just pick either Strength (for convenience so no hm slave needed) or Take Down (just a little more power). Or maybe Zen Headbutt, if your team has trouble killing poisons or fighting types, but Rampardos can't really come into fightings anyway. If you're playing Gen 5, I remember I used Take Down / Zen Headbutt / Earthquake / Outrage, which probably isn't the greatest set but it's kinda fun, because who doesn't like Outrage?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back