• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In memory of Izumi Sakai

Klonoa

Amaterasu pwns!
Years
  • Izumi Sakai was a J-pop singer, she was a member of the group Zard.
    She died on May 27, 2007 she was 40... She had cervical cancer and she was recovering, but she took walks every morning, and on one of these walks she fell off an emergency exit slope, about three meters... at the Keio University Hospital.
    J-pop fans... as myself will miss Izumi. I just wanted to make this thread in memory of her.
    In memory of Izumi Sakai

RIP Izumi.
    I just wanted to know did anyone else know of Izumi and/or Zard?​

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • While I never really heard of her or even knew of her band My condolences go out to her Friends, Family, Fellow band members, and finally to all of her fans...She most likely made the lives of many people who listened to her music a little bit brighter or at least more bearable...
    May she Rest In Peace.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    IIRC, Zard has something to do with one of Slam Dunk's theme songs. Is it Anata Dake Mitsumeteru? Anyway, RIP, Izumi.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Moving this on to Japanese Entertainment, since it would fit better there~

L

Vocaloid fan
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2020
    I've never heard any of her music, but it's always sad to see someone pass away at such a young age. She seemed like she had a lot of talent and the potential to go very far in life. May she RIP.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Heard about this last week, Zard was a pretty popular band in the early 90s, they were planning a comeback CD/single for later this year, Izumi was writing it as a way to get her spirits up. It's sad to hear of her death, she had the cancer removed sometime last year and it just returned again earlier this year.

Zyph

Game developer. Hax0rz!
    Years
  • I must say that her death was really ironic. I mean, it's like a WWII veteran getting run over by a Honda.

But irony aside, may she rest in peace.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Ah man.. she was recovering too.. ><; -sigh-

R.I.P Izumi~

Honestly, I'm rather surprised that I had never even heard of Zard before. I should look into them..
    Her death is a real shame.. ><;

Back