• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In Mewtwo Strikes back, what did Mewtwo mean by his clones are better?

Cerisse

Trainer and Anime Fangirl!
Years
  • Did he mean that they were at a max level when they were born or did he mean that when they were born, they could get the maximum DVs and EVs that their species can get? Or did he mean better looking?

Because in the movie Mewtwo Returns, his clones weren't really that "superior", they succumbed easily to Team Rocket. :\

Last edited:

Twero

ii'
    Years
  • In anime, doesn't exist level! Fact! XD
    The Mewtwo's clones are genetically better than the naturals Pokémon. Just that. It's like a Pokémon in level 150. They are the clones. But Mewtwo don't want fight anymore, so he and the cloned Pokémon want to leave in peace, I think.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Did he mean that they were at a max level when they were born or did he mean that when they were born, they could get the maximum DVs and EVs that their species can get? Or did he mean better looking?

Beacuse in the movie Mewtwo Returns, his clones weren't really that "superior", they succumbed easily to Team Rocket. :\

If the term can even be applied to the anime, think of it as hacked perfect IVs onto a Pokemon that originally had an average of around 20. As for falling to Team Rocket...well, so did Rayquaza, apparently.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Mewtwo just felt that by been created they lost all weaknesses and where perfect, just like he thought he was a perfect version of Mew.

But yeah i think them been weaker in "Returns" was just an Anime downgrade just like Pikachu's random downgrades at the start of every series.

Game Mechanics have NO involvement in the anime.

CharmUp!

大丈夫★~!
    Years
  • He wanted to prove that his copied Pokemon can be just as superior as their originals... We see all of the Pokemon stuck in stalemates while trying to kill each other for crying out loud, so they obviously weren't super Pokemon after their creation.

Years
  • If the term can even be applied to the anime, think of it as hacked perfect IVs onto a Pokemon that originally had an average of around 20. As for falling to Team Rocket...well, so did Rayquaza, apparently.

Don't forget Vicious' Dark Ball, as it's supposed to "take the Pokemon to the highest level." Not to mention, Celebi got caught by one of them, so, yeah.

I'd include Lugia and Raikou, but they weren't captured by regular means (a Poke Ball), plus the extra interference by other Trainers (not counting Celebi).

Cerisse

Trainer and Anime Fangirl!
    Years
  • TY

Don't forget Vicious' Dark Ball, as it's supposed to "take the Pokemon to the highest level." Not to mention, Celebi got caught by one of them, so, yeah.

I'd include Lugia and Raikou, but they weren't captured by regular means (a Poke Ball), plus the extra interference by other Trainers (not counting Celebi).

It wasn't Vicous' Dark Ball; It was Iron Mask Marauder's. Hmmm...ok, I guess the "hacked" IVs is a more appropriate guess for being "superior". Thanks everyone!! :D

Thread closed.

Back