• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In Rememberance of the 9/11 attacks...

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I agree that that day is a tragedy. We never forget what happened that day. Not just to the people in the Wold Trade Center, but in the Pentagon, and the people in Virginia.

Civilians were attacked, whether it be the terrorist or the government (who ever you want to believe), Someone needs to pay.

Let us not forget the soldiers who have died since then either.
    In Rememberance of the 9/11 attacks...

Dusclord

Ganon killer
    Years
    I don't remember that day, Today nobody in my school talked about that. I know people must remember this date, even in Europe 'cause the world haven't been peaceful since then. But when the war in Irak will be finished, it will be a part of U.S' history but I don't know if it'll be the same thing for other countries... that's weird.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    my uncle died in the 9/11 and I just broke down.
    Im sorry for your loss.

I have nothing much to say coz i cant remember a thing either...
    Just god bless america and its people... may all who have lost their lives rest in peace...
    And to the heroes who helped... idk, nothing can ever repay you guys...

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    My dad was a fire fighter so he was there and we have a video of it. Called 911 and it was signed by the firefighters in NYC. It shows every minute of the tradegy. So sad...

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I don't have any strong memories of that day, but I think I was in the 5th grade then. I remember that it was already the evening (well, propably, because of the different time zone) of 9/11 and I was talking with my friend over the phone, when she mentioned something about a big explosion or a bomb or something like that in America. Later in the evening my parents watched the news and it became clearer what had happened. My parents were more shocked than me, because I didn't fully understand how serious the situation was overseas. The next day we talked a lot about it in the school, but I don't remember anything big happening then. It took severel years for me to understand how big impact 9/11 was to USA and how serious consequences it would have. I'm sorry for everyone who have lost someone that day. I still don't know how to feel sadness about this since it feels like a thing that happened far away and long ago, but I'm sure people who were more related to the whole thing do. Sorry for your loss.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I think I was in Grade Four when 9/11 happened. We were in the middle of a class and then my principal came on the announcements and explained to the school what just happened. Being only nine years old at the time, I didn't fully understand what went on that day until much later. I don't remember the details of that day, although I believe we were sent home early, or my parents came to pick me up early that day. I do remember that both my parents left work early, though. Seeing it on TV, I remember, was a terrible sight for me, even though I was only nine and didn't know what was fully going on.

I can't imagine how people who have lost someone due to that tragedy feel, and I don't believe anyone deserves to go through that kind of pain, or die in such a tragedy.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    all else I got to say is that people die everyday, but we don't make tribute days to them, even if those people didn't die that die they would have died another day

I'd imagine my family would disagree with you. My uncle died a few years ago and on the day he dies, we all come together and just enjoy being together. So, there's a tribute day for him. Obviously the whole country doesn't pay tribute to him, but for every life he impacted, they remember the day he died and how great of a man he was.

So, I'd think that those that lost their loved ones on that day feel honored to have the entire country remembering their loved ones. It's no different than if their family payed tribute, but they're being respected greatly for their deaths and what they sacrificed that day.

Just put yourself in their shoes and see if you'd like for everyone to forget the day your family member or loved one died, then see how you'd feel. :/ I doubt you'd be happy some kid thinks your father/mother/family member's death was unimportant. I can't really say that I would feel the impact if your family member died, but I'd feel sympathetic towards you.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    all else I got to say is that people die everyday, but we don't make tribute days to them, even if those people didn't die that die they would have died another day
    People may die every day, but 2,975 people do not die every day at the same time for the same reason. 2,975. Imagine two good sized high schools with all of their students inside being wiped off the face of the Earth, that's about how many people we lost over the span of minutes. 9/11 was an example of how truly dangerous and deadly religious fanaticism can be. To forget it would be a terrible mistake.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    9/11 doesn't even match up to all the plane crashes in the world, let alone any wars.
    Tragedy I think not. The only reason for the fuss is because it happened to America.

To me, 9/11 was just another day, and that's all I remember it as.

Don't bother quoting me and typing up some argument about my jadedness. This is my opinion, I'll respect yours if you respect mine.
    ^This.

I found it awesome that we had a fire drill at school today.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    I reported you. This isn't about beliefs or not. It's about remembering where people were that day and how they felt about it, and about remembering those who died. The least you can do is respect what they have to say.

Amen to that.
    Seriously. This thread was not initially a debate thread, it's to remember the lives that were lost from the people in the planes, the towers, and the heroes and firefighters who fought the flames.

Some of these responses are just sick...

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    Indeed it's very sad that Americans think they can make a mockery of this horrible and tragic event.

It was a horrible thing...

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Amen to that.
    Seriously. This thread was not initially a debate thread, it's to remember the lives that were lost from the people in the planes, the towers, and the heroes and firefighters who fought the flames.

Some of these responses are just sick...

Posts like this are sick: all your doing is spamming, we all ready know what the day is for, we don't need a reminder.

Moving on:

People may die every day, but 2,975 people do not die every day at the same time for the same reason. 2,975. Imagine two good sized high schools with all of their students inside being wiped off the face of the Earth, that's about how many people we lost over the span of minutes. 9/11 was an example of how truly dangerous and deadly religious fanaticism can be. To forget it would be a terrible mistake.

Approximately 155,000 people die every day. That's 107 people every minute, or six thousand an hour. It took over an hour for the towers to collapse, and not everyone died instantly. Some were buried under rubble for days before they finally succumbed to their injuries or dehydration. Whats makes this day "tragic", is the fact that nearly three thousand civilizes died as the result of an attack.

Source

Indeed it's very sad that Americans think they can make a mockery of this horrible and tragic event.

It was a horrible thing...

I don't think anyone is mocking the fact that it happened. People are mocking different therorys of how it happened. Everyone is intitled to their own theroy, and you should not flame them for it.

Zet

Years
    some people have misunderstood what I meant, but considering it's hard for me to type what I meant, I ain't gonna bother typing it. Sure family tributes are something but what I'm getting at is different to those sorts of tributes
    plus my friend died when I was in year 9

it's called war, how many people die from war? oh thats right more than that small number

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    I remember, certainly. back in my first year of high school, on the way to school on a bus, and then in homeroom we caught the news. it was horrifying.

My condolences to all who have lost a family member or a friend.

I just hope something of that scale of terror does not happen to anyone else, regardless of location.

and god bless those heroes who fought back, who tried to save another life's while risking their own.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    My dad was driving me to school when he told me what was happening. I noticed that he was very distraught: I had never seen him like that before. It was scary.

I was kind of blind to war and hatred and violence before that point. I knew what war was, but I never really processed the word until we were actually in one. That day opened my eyes to the ugly side of the world, I think.

It's sad how the absolute horror that was 9/11 has been downplayed these days, its importance bogged down by baseless conspiracy theories and the decay of time. People were murdered that day. There was screaming, there was bloodshed, and there was terror. There were people jumping out of windows and smashing against the street. There were people trapped and burning in the towers. There were people crushed to death under the thousand-ton buildings as they collapsed. It wasn't a movie. It wasn't a t.v. show, where conspiracies are unexpected and thrilling and count for better ratings. It was a real attack on United States citizens by terrorists. And it was a tragedy of the highest degree: an act of hatred against mankind, by mankind.

Back