• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In retrospect: Fall 2011 TV

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    So, how did you feel about the Fall 2011 TV schedule? What shows did you stay with? What shows did you drop? What was the best?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    This fall I stuck with:

- the second season of An Idiot Abroad (season is now over :c)
    - The Layover
    - Person of Interest

I tried out Terra Nova and thought it was boring. But Person of Interest I absolutely love.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Let's have a looksie. In terms of new series, I started the TV season with:

• 2 Broke Girls
    • New Girl
    • Up All Night
    • Homeland
    • Pan Am
    And ended up dropping all but Homeland (and I still need to catch up on a few eps of that). Many of my returning faves have also dipped in quality a little bit. Probably the best thing that aired this season was Louie, and that was definitely a summer show. Breaking Bad too, for that matter. Hopefully things will pick up in the new year.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    This season, in terms of new shows, I tried out:

- Terra Nova
    - Hart of Dixie
    - Last Man Standing
    - New Girl
    - Ringer
    - X Factor
    - Suburgatory
    - Revenge
    - The Secret Circle
    - Person of Interest
    - Prime Suspect
    - A Gifted Man
    - Grimm
    - Once Upon A Time
    - Pan Am

Prime Suspect ended up getting cancelled and I'm just watching the last of the episodes before it's completely off air. Pan Am will end up finishing its fourteen episodes on ABC early next year, and after that it's likely going to be cancelled due to its poor performance in the ratings apparently.

The shows that I won't necessarily miss if they are cancelled or will probably end up dropping would be Hart of Dixie, Ringer, and A Gifted Man. It's not to say they are bad, although Ringer could definitely be better, it's just that I'm not as invested in them as some of the other shows I watch. Hart of Dixie and Ringer was given a full season order for the rest of the season though, so I'll continue with them and decide whether if I'll stick with them or not come May. That is of course if they aren't cancelled before then.

Terra Nova, after its two-hour season finale, definitely ranked itself higher up on my favored list, and while its future isn't made certain yet, I hope it returns for another season next Fall.

The best new shows this season for me would be The Secret Circle, Revenge, and Once Upon A Time. Every time I watch a new episode from any of these three shows, I'm left wanting more. I knew The Secret Circle would have ended up an obsession of mine simply because of my obsession with The Vampire Diaries and because it revolves around witches. Revenge was a surprise favorite. I never had any intentions on watching it, because the promos for the show's premiere just looked boring. However, I decided to give the show a shot and it's one of the best decisions I ever made. Once Upon A Time always intrigued me because of its connection with they Disney fairy tales, and after watching it and seeing the twist that the writers put on this show, it really hit the right spot with me. The work of these three shows are very well done, and you see it more and more the further into them you get.

New Girl, Suburgatory, and Last Man Standing are my comedies this season. New Girl after its fourth episode really hit its stride and even delivered two brilliant holiday episodes. Definitely the comedy of the season in my eyes. Suburgatory, I like for the characters and of course the comedy, and Last Man Standing I like for its 90's vibe.

Person of Interest and Grimm caught my interest and they have really impressed me. Person of Interest was beginning to seem a little bit too procedural for awhile, but as of lately, it hit a storyline for itself that ramped up its interest and has me waiting patiently to see what happens next! Grimm is another new series that takes a spin on the Grimm fairy tales, but from a darker theme and with a borderline serialized/procedural cop drama twist. It's alright for what it is, but I'm looking forward to when it really hits that storyline point for the main character and not just a different crime every week.

X Factor is just another singing competition like American Idol, but a lot better in my opinion. I look forward to the finale performances tonight as well as what it has to offer next season.

New shows I'll be trying out in 2012...

- The River (Premieres Feb. 7th at 9/8 c on ABC)
    - Smash (Premieres Feb. 6th at 10/9 c on NBC)

Returning shows that I've stuck with...

- Pretty Little Liars
    - The Lying Game
    - Switched At Birth
    - Glee (I'm thinking it's time to cut the ropes on this show after its season ends this May)
    - Modern Family
    - The Vampire Diaries
    - Nikita
    - Desperate Housewives (Final Season)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Terra Nova - Good show. I thought it should have ended with this season but this Badlands they introduced, I want to know more.

Glee
    - Returning fan. It's alright so far. Obviously most of it is working toward graduating, gives the season a meaning.

Once Upon a Time - Great show. Ended up better than I expected. I love the realistic takes on the fairytales and how they modernize it too. I look forward to every episode.

Two broke Girls - Hilarious show. I like the sacarsm to Max and how Caroline isn't a dumb blonde.

Suburgatory - Another funny show. The cliche characters aren't too cliche and have personalities.

Desperate Housewives - Returning fan It's kind of lackluster for it's final season ):

I also rekindled my love for The Amazing Race. Watched Survivor, lame season though, liked the winner however. And followed The X-Factor. Since Big Brother, the people I've wanted to win in these shows have. Not The Amazing Race since I didn't particularly have a favorite and the winners weren't the ones I wanted to in the Final Three but I'm happy they won, great players.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Out of the shows I watched, I ultimately ended up dropping the following shows: Raising Hope, Hawaii Five-O, 2 Broke Girls, NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, Unforgettable, Ringer, Glee, Whitney, Prime Suspect, Blue Bloods, A Gifted Man, Person of Interest, and Cold Case.

I stayed with Terra Nova, New Girl, The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Big Bang Theory, Nikita, Once Upon a Time, and Pan Am. Pam Am is at threat of being cancelled, and I'm really crossing my fingers that the promotion for Pan Am on iTunes (the first season is available for free there right now) is going to help build up the interest for the returning 14 episodes so that it'll be renewed for another season! I'm also greatly concerned that Terra Nova will be cancelled as well. :[

Back