• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In school, what kind of people did you sit with at lunch?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    High school, lunch wasn?t my thing. Throughout undergrad, it was mostly with a professor I would help research with or classmates I used to study with (awful idea; studying alone is best, from my perspective).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    During elementary, kids had to sit with their class, so. Sat w/friend throughout all of middle school, but by high school I stopped going to lunch because I didn't care.

MaӾiej

Huge Kida Fan
    Years
    Well, I don't think I'm starting a new trend here by saying I sat or often tried to sit as alone as possible. If I had to sit near someone, I often sat near people who I knew wouldn't bother me too much. Granted, I also generally sat in relatively the same area whenever I could.

In junior high I sat with my usual group of 2-3 friends, sometimes a little more, but by high school I moved to another borough in NYC and started holing up more since I got separated from my group. Being in the lunchroom made me anxious so I started asking teachers if I could spend the lunch break eating in their classrooms since they were empty =p

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
    Middle school: Goths, emos, and punk rock wannabes.

First 2 years of high school: druggies, weebs, and general weirdos

Last 2 years of high school: an eclectic mix of preps, jocks, and overachievers. (Finally was a cool kid!)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    In elementary, like a lot of people here we had to sit with our class but my friend group throughout elementary was pretty big so I always had friends to sit with, and after we finished eating we could go out to play, so the whole group would meet up on the playground afterwards. The first few years of high school, I still sat with my friends from elementary, but I kind of drifted apart from them a bit and grew closer to a different group of friends, so I would move between them - sometimes we all sat together, new and old friends, but grade 11ish onwards I sat with my new friends more.

First year of college I usually ate alone or with a classmate or two if the timing lined up - it's kind of difficult to have the same breaks sometimes in college because everyone has different schedules, but eventually I made friends and we would try to plan our schedules so we could eat lunch together at least a few days a week.

I think I've gotten a lot better at being on my own after graduating high school - I don't mind eating alone now, but as I was always in a big group growing up, the first year of college was tough for me when I didn't have a friend to eat with. Like Rika, sometimes I would actually skip lunch just so I didn't have to sit by myself in a restaurant/cafeteria, but I've gotten over that now and learned to enjoy my alone time.

Back