• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I have to go to bed now as well :sleeping: else if I don't then I just wake up later and later. Ever since ive been out of school i have been going to bed later and later and later.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I've only gotten an hour of sleep. I've been up all day cause I couldn't sleep last night. But I managed to get a nap in so I should really go to bed soon. I'm sooo bored too.

Weird Al makes parodies guys, btw. Pretty darn funny parodies too.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • You know the stereotype about Canadians being nice? I always thought most Canadians were rude, being from Canada. Now that I'm in the UK I get comments about being so nice, and I don't even consider myself outwardly or overly nice. I dunno if it's just a stereotype going through or if it's a culture thing.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    You know the stereotype about Canadians being nice? I always thought most Canadians were rude, being from Canada. Now that I'm in the UK I get comments about being so nice, and I don't even consider myself outwardly or overly nice. I dunno if it's just a stereotype going through or if it's a culture thing.
    Maybe Canadians are rude to people who live there, and it's just that everywhere else is ruder?

Years
  • I don't ever recall being close to any Canadians (as friends or people to be around), let alone the stereotype of them being kindhearted, but I do know about the stereotypes where everyone (at least here in the US) thinks all Canadians are skilled at hockey

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • The kindhearted one I think stems from how we play peacekeepers in war (generally). It might also have come from a contrast in American behaviour, or the behaviour of their political leaders / political decisions in general. We might just seem like the "softies" to the North or something.

I don't mind it, though. What's the worst stereotype Canadians have really? I mean, there's:

- Hockey
    - Kindness
    - Igloos
    - Polar Bears
    - Seal Hunts
    - Raging Frenchies
    -- Poutine

Nothing there's really "mean" like some of the American ones - pompous, arrogant, war-hungry - but I'm sure we do have some tasteless stereotypes. I think I heard that people consider Canadians to be "easy"? I dunno.

Years
  • I think the easy comes from easy-going in general. And we don't have the South. Although girls from the South are pretty sweet from my experience.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    According to stereotypes, I should be either fat, lazy, and stupid- or a Dutch farmer. .__. Okay, I am partially Dutch, but I'm more like a procrastinator than lazy.

Paladin (I can see that you're viewing this thread), it's funny that you were giving me a miniature lecture on not sleeping enough. Last night I was sleeping at around 1am, then was wide awake at 4:30. ?_? My eyes also refused to adjust to the dark, so I was falling over stuff in my bedroom haha.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I've also heard the stereotype that Canadians put maple syrup on everything. And that they say 'a' all the time.

Stereotypes for me would be; arrogant, unintelligent, anti-social, aggressive, tree-hugging, lazy, and that I have no life goals.
    Okay, so I used to be a bit aggressive, but not anymore! And I have plenty of life goals!

Or a Dutch farmer. . .

That's amazing. X)

So, you got three and a half hours of sleep. . . XI

Years
  • No! we say 'eh' all the time! NOT THE LETTER A. I would be very confused if we said 'A' at the end of every sentence.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • lol, it's pronounced like the letter "a" but it's definitely an "eh?" (always interrogation). It adds more emphasis to stuff. We don't do it all the time, but every Canadian has said it at one point, I'm sure :P

And we don't put maple syrup on everything lol Just pancakes, sausage, bacon, waffles, french toast... Pretty much all breakfast foods, except eggs.

Apparently European people (spec. Germany) don't eat peanut butter or maple syrup lol Had a friend from there tell me pb isn't even sold really and maple syrup is a rarity.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    @Blah:
    Woah, calm down man. I typed it as 'A' to specify the sound. Keep in mind that seemingly a fair amount of people on PC watch anime, and 'Eh' is generally pronounced 'Eh' in it.

:0
    How can somebody not eat Peanut Butter?!
    (Well, aside from people who have a peanut allergy. . . A sandwich isn't worth dying for.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • LOL i know. It occurred to me how absurd saying 'A' all the time would be and I felt that I had to bring it up because it's so loltastic. Like a "no you didn't" kinda moment.

I feel that I say eh at the end of everything. And I've tried maple syrup on eggs! It's good!

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • I'm not even Canadian and I use tons of maple syrup and say "eh" all the time. I follow Hockey and my favorite team is the Toronto Maple Leafs.........kill me now.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • lol, it's pronounced like the letter "a" but it's definitely an "eh?" (always interrogation). It adds more emphasis to stuff. We don't do it all the time, but every Canadian has said it at one point, I'm sure :P

And we don't put maple syrup on everything lol Just pancakes, sausage, bacon, waffles, french toast... Pretty much all breakfast foods, except eggs.

Apparently European people (spec. Germany) don't eat peanut butter or maple syrup lol Had a friend from there tell me pb isn't even sold really and maple syrup is a rarity.

Dude I dunno about you then, but I put maple syrup on everything. Maple-syrup marinated chicken wings, heck yeah!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    lol, it's pronounced like the letter "a" but it's definitely an "eh?" (always interrogation). It adds more emphasis to stuff. We don't do it all the time, but every Canadian has said it at one point, I'm sure :P

Thats surprising to me, peanut butter is so good. Then again, I dont even eat much of it nowadays and prefer Nutella.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back